• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Alpha][4.0.4][FINAL]Android Open Kang Project Build 38

I love that there are so many little tweaks that can really make your phone so much different than the next persons, even if rocking the same rom. LOVE that you can use the volume keys to scroll through text when typing, too. I hate tapping over and over trying to get the cursor in just the right spot lmao

By the way, would it be safe to update to the 04/29 GApps? GooManager keeps telling me to upload but I don't want to use it if there are known issues.

I dont know of any issues

Upvote 0
Liquid Smooth seems to be checking out very good as I've been using it all day now. GREAT battery life. Although I haven't used it much now. It's liquid smooth! :D
For those who don't know: Liquid Smooth based off of AOSP and has it's own settings much like ROM Control for AOKP and interface for CNA. But it's insanely stripped down. Like ~70mb a zip. Only problem I'm facing now is the fact that the liquid control is FCing. Which is basically the whole point of this ROM, so I obviously can't release until that gets fixed. And I'm syncing now to see if it finally got fixed.. Lol.

OMG! i cant wait to use it :( is there a chance we will see slim ics? :D

Upvote 0
Guys, Austrie is taking over the liquid ROM. I have a build but the ROM control still isn't working so it's basically pure AOSP. I do although have another ROM that I'm about to release. Not as smooth, but gets the job done :D

u should still release it. its in aplpha so not everything works :p i dont use the rom control too much. i would really dig the smoothness and battery. :D i knew u were building gummy. :p i stll would like to see slim ics but ur doing great :D :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Alright so AOSP is throwing errors at me and won't build
Gummy is throwing errors at me and won't boot.
So for now, I'm going to update to build 36. Get a changelog later.

nice gannon lol lately you've been on a roll lol everyday i wake up and only 24 hours passed but i can usually bet your releaseing something new already lol or working on something new lol:D

Upvote 0
AOKP Changelog for Build 36
  • fixed MTP not being enabled by default (yet once more)
  • added Galaxy Tab 2 7" (espressowifi)
  • moved tablet clock to the far right of the statusbar
  • updated tuna kernel to faux 17m
  • added Transformer Prime (tf201)
  • updated Nova Launcher to 1.1.2
  • fixed potential weather service FC
  • updated p4 devices
  • added more padding to statusbar buttons
  • updated Mms emoji code from CM
  • added delayed ring feature to Phone
  • fixed a bug when hiding sender information, photo would still show
  • default ICS wallpapers have returned
  • added SwagPapers (AOKP Wallpapers)
  • updated theme engine from CM
  • wifi icon cut off has been fixed on tablets
  • fixed volume slider showing incorrect volume in a voice call (making it look like it wasn't full)
  • added USB Tether toggle to devices that support it
Personal Changes
  • Synced with Mantera's latest kernel
  • Wifi seems to perform better. Sticks this time and doesn't change.
  • Taking my first attempt at the random glitches and screen lagginess.

I'm going to start working on the other ports and pushing my changes to git.

Download link will be available very soon.

Because I'm leaving right now, it's going to be available here. Don't Download Yet!!!. This is just because I'm not going to be on until tomorrow and I'd say give it ~1 hour before you download it. Or just wait until the md5sum on the site says this: 3f5cca0b76ad8d64af5b2bf2ded6ab8d

Upvote 0
AOKP Changelog for Build 36
  • fixed MTP not being enabled by default (yet once more)
  • added Galaxy Tab 2 7" (espressowifi)
  • moved tablet clock to the far right of the statusbar
  • updated tuna kernel to faux 17m
  • added Transformer Prime (tf201)
  • updated Nova Launcher to 1.1.2
  • fixed potential weather service FC
  • updated p4 devices
  • added more padding to statusbar buttons
  • updated Mms emoji code from CM
  • added delayed ring feature to Phone
  • fixed a bug when hiding sender information, photo would still show
  • default ICS wallpapers have returned
  • added SwagPapers (AOKP Wallpapers)
  • updated theme engine from CM
  • wifi icon cut off has been fixed on tablets
  • fixed volume slider showing incorrect volume in a voice call (making it look like it wasn't full)
  • added USB Tether toggle to devices that support it
Personal Changes
  • Synced with Mantera's latest kernel
  • Wifi seems to perform better. Sticks this time and doesn't change.
  • Taking my first attempt at the random glitches and screen lagginess.

I'm going to start working on the other ports and pushing my changes to git.

Download link will be available very soon.

Because I'm leaving right now, it's going to be available here. Don't Download Yet!!!. This is just because I'm not going to be on until tomorrow and I'd say give it ~1 hour before you download it. Or just wait until the md5sum on the site says this: 3f5cca0b76ad8d64af5b2bf2ded6ab8d

if i were to going to b36 from b35 can i just wipe cash n dalvik? i spent a lot of time on b35

Upvote 0
Phone settings show mod version build 35.. When u flash b36 should it show build 36? cuz mine shows b35 still.
Edit.. Did anyone find the swagpapers.. "AOKP wallpapers"

1. I made local changes to a file that changes the build number and forgot to edit it myself.. oops. Lol.
2. SwagPapers weren't included in this build. I forgot to edit one file.. double whoops :( lol
:musicus:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones