• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ALPHA]CM9 Reloaded V.1.5

joemossjr

Android Enthusiast
Feb 17, 2011
Bardstown, Kentucky
Disclaimer: By downloading and flashing this ROM, you are assuming ALL RISKS that it may damage your phone, cause it to blow up, melt down, etc. NONE of the developers are responsible for anything that may happen to your phone.

This is an ALPHA version so there will be many things NOT working. If you want a FULLY Working ROM. THIS IS NOT IT! Please move along to one of the many other ROMS listed in this forum if you want a fully working ROM

This rom has nothing major changed on it.
Except:
~Ability to mod status bar to liking.
~Added new CM9 Boot animation.
~Added Latest Apex Launcher V.1.0.1 instead of Stock.
~Blacked out apps.(youtube Ect.)
Status Bar mods include:
Status bar Transperency
Clock centering
Moveable power Widgets
You can change the recent apps to a Web OS style.
What WORKS:
-It boots and some apps work...
-SDCard/USB mount - after first bootup, adb will not work until you reboot again.
-RIL - phone, sms - working (thanks yumbrad)
-RIL - data - (thanks yumbrad with contributions from progmanos and whyzor)
-WIFI - (yumbrad is the MAN!)
-hw acceleration
-Live wallpapers work now too.
-Screenshots work now.
-Audio - tested phone, music, ringtones, so far. All work.
-bluetooth - able to pair headset and gets audio during phone call.
-Home key - long press brings up Recent Apps dialog now.
-wired headset works.
-mms
-gps & navigation
-data usage accounting
-wifi hotspot tethering
-audio mic support in apps, such as Voice Search, etc.

what doesn't work:
-Camera
-Tethering (USB)
-HDMI
-All system settings are undergoing rapid development upstream, they may or may not work
-Known issue: after flashing, you may need to manually connect to your wifi the first time. After that, wifi will only autoconnect every other time that you toggle wifi on and off. You can manually reconnect at any time though. Needs to be looked into further.
-Everything else NOT listed in the "What WORKS" section
STOP!! I understand that the use of the word NOT may be confusing to some. Please look up the screen about 2 inches. There is a section labeled "what WORKS".
Changelog:
Alpha 0.6.9.10.2
Another very minor update
-updated kernel version to 2.6.32.16 (note: I had to leave the kernel version showing as 2.6.32.9 because changing the version number broke wifi)
-re-enabled bt quick switch
-re-enabled btwlancoex
-added signature support in MMS. I recommend using the "Append on Send" option for best results if you want to enable the auto append.
-Added 2-way calling patch-thanks to avs333 and skvalex--noted in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=993793

Need to use CallRecorder app from skvalex; I tested it and it worked great on cm9. More info and a trial version download can be found on this thread on xda or purchase it from the Market:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=21317161&postcount=1

Alpha 0.6.9.4
-updated kernel version to 2.6.32.13 (note: I had to leave the kernel version showing as 2.6.32.9 because changing the version number broke wifi)
-kernel uses Whyzor's latest touchscreen driver-no longer reports x,y on finger removal, among other tweaks
-disabled bt quick switch so MT will deep sleep even if bt is enabled
-added user configurable setting to enable/disable navigation bar: System Settings --> Display --> Enable/Disable Navigation (requires reboot).
-wifi tweaks - should autoconnect better now, disconnects faster when screen is off (if the wifi policy is set to turn off when screen is off)
-changed the mic fix so we don't remove the fm stuff for phones that do have fm (you'll probably not notice a difference but noting it here in case an issue comes up)
Download:
CM9 Builds~0.6.10.2 Build.update-cm-9.0.0.Triumph-Alpha-0.6.10.2-signed.zip
V.1.5 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60122779/Inverted_Apps_Triumph.zip Just Flash 0.6.10.2 build then flash this update package.
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120224-signed.zip
Screenshot_2012-03-08-20-11-58.png

Screenshot_2012-03-08-20-12-07.png

Screenshot_2012-03-08-20-12-18.png

Screenshot_2012-03-08-20-12-26.png

Credid goes to Rob432 he made it but I tweaked a little to get it to work on my triumph because it wouldn't install on mine so thought it wouldn't work but it work on all cm9 :) sorry guys

loving it so far. thank you! i have a problem with the live wall paper sticking? sometimes it'll randomly go back to the wall paper that was installed with it. not a big issue just wondering if you experience this? ill be using as a daily driver, so if u need additional input or whatever just pm or post. i check every afternoon/evening. love the ics!!

edit.... 1.2 update fixed wallpaper issue for me :)

Reactions: joemossjr
Upvote 0
will do and will let you know. also just stumbled on this one, but think i found a work around for now. when playing music and get a text or other notifocation, music slightly mutes then doesnt resume previous playing level even if you max it out. you have to stop music, exit, then start again. but if you have your ringer set to silent the music never mutes to begin with. dont want you to think im criticizing, just giving input. i also understand you have more important issues to work on now too. when i get a few extra bucks i will donate :) let me know if i can provide any help. i learn quick so if there is a tut i will prob be able to do whatever

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones