1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [ROM][ALPHA] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Connect 4G MS840

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PlayfulGod, Mar 7, 2013.

1. kanaida

kanaida Android Expert

I've been doing all kinds of stuff, looking at code, watching files, etc... basically this is what happens as far as i can tell:

1) Telephony service starts up
    2) your apns-conf.xml file is read
    3) it creates a new sqlite database in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db
    4) it dumps the content into a table called carriers (almost identincal). except i see that it has a field called 'numeric', has a number inside.
    5) at some point after that, my phone set a default APN. But logged a message saying that it could not set the 'numeric' for the provider. Not sure what that means, but i got further than APN = -1

as for the rest:
    [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. justenjoy

justenjoy Well-Known Member

Hope you can get a fix for signal man :)

3. kanaida

kanaida Android Expert

I hope so too lol. Got a funny feeling the ril is close, but not close enough.

4. kanaida

kanaida Android Expert

For the moment I flashed back to rooted VV3 because I need my 4G and because until we get the radio working right our battery life will be abysmal probably from trying a million ways to connect to the network constantly. In CM10 in this state, it lasts me about 6 hours, after flashing back I got 19+ (of mostly just sittingle idle, for some reason the most battery life i've gotten so far too.).

5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Yeah, phone searching for signal kills it faster than anything else ;)

6. zandersig

zandersig Android Enthusiast

Hey PG will this rom be able to run on the vv3 sw? That would be so cool!

7. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

its what I flashed from. ;)

8. zandersig

9. vanity29

vanity29 Newbie

Everything works fine for me. Although I don't have data or anything because I don't live in a area where i get coverage anymore :3 But wifi works. Also, recently I tried to format my sd card and now im stuck on the cm boot logo :l

10. Ninjalootah

Ninjalootah Member

Don't format outside of CWM. It messes things up. There's something you can download to fix the bootloop but I don't have it off the top of my head. I'm sorry. I feel like a poopoo head.

11. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

the delooper shabby has post that basically installs stock recovery.

12. vanity29

vanity29 Newbie

Ya, i'll stay away from that next time :3 I just used the Lg updater and went back to stock to fix it. Then I flashed this rom again cuz it's just that awesome lol

13. Vyrus69

Vyrus69 Android Enthusiast

Well I'm in a holding pattern right now when it comes to upgrading my phone since the rumor is sometime this quarter Metro is going to start getting phones that get get onto Tmo's network...so I'm hoping that the S4 jumps over or something to that effect. Buuuuut in the meantime..I'm hoping this becomes stable enough to be a daily to upgrade to...still on stock VV3 and the phone constantly makes me pull out the little hair I DO have..so anything new and better would be a blessing.

14. jlede

jlede Android Expert

Plz stick to subject thank just that I don't want people to get excited from someone off subject hey pg so I messing with the ROM noticed signal is more stable and was thinking what I'd something is missing for data or its locked

15. jlede

jlede Android Expert

So pg ive seen you got signal and data on the spirits cm10 you
    should try what you did on there device on ours

Edit: http://db.tt/Qyrp8tZD Screenshots from cm10 eveything works but data lol and signal fades in and out then stables if you type *#*#4636#*#* u can see ur network and internet type only from cm10

16. Lito007

Lito007 Member

As slim as it may be, i still have hope on this project D: is it still being worked on? Annndddd is there anything we can help with?[​IMG][​IMG]

17. zandersig

I know what you mean. I think our phones are dead. Rest in peace LG Connect (especially if you have vv3).... no one even stops by this forum anymore... :(

18. justenjoy

justenjoy Well-Known Member

I still stop by nearly every day :/

19. SegamanXero

SegamanXero Well-Known Member

I also lurk every day, checking this thread for any updates, as well as PlayfulGod's wiki for this rom to see if there was any update he didn't list here (happened once that I noticed)

20. I gave my Connect to my kid. Trying to get him the kcuf away from Apple products, seems to be working hahaha.....

21. zandersig

Hehe. LOL!

22. Did you get that number thing straightened out on your phone yet?

nOeTiK likes this.
  23. jlede

jlede Android Expert

Its not dead he's just having personal probelms with his life atm can't say anymore

Lito007 likes this.
  24. zandersig

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope things get better for him. Actually we are all in hardship (thanks to our wonderful gov!)

adonisgfx likes this.
  25. zandersig

Well guys I installed this ROM and man is it awesome!!!! I just wish I could get (4G) and MMS, then everything would be awesome! I am gona leave it on for a few days and hope that an update comes out. I did notice that in the section "About Phone" where it's supposed to display my phone number it just says "unknown" and under "Mobile Network State" it says Disconnected and ICCID says Unknown so that might have something to do with us not getting a data (3G, 4G) connection? I don't know... Maybe if the os knew what our phone number was it would give us Data? But man it's way better than Android 2.3.6 for sure! I can't wait till it is done! BTW is there a setting for the drawer where I can just scroll up and down and not left and right? I can't seem to find that option.

Keep up the great work PG (whenever you get better)!

Oh yea "Baseband Version" also says "unknown"...