• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ALPHA] Quattrimus ICS

That's what I was thinking.

If you want to do a full wipe of your phone before flashing boot into cwm, then go to mounts and storage and format system, data and cache only. this way your sdcard stays intact. Then hit back, wipe data/factory reset(just to be thorough) and then flash your new ROM.

Reactions: Krasher
Upvote 0
Anyone know how much longer till a Beta version is expected to be released for this ROM?

I'm not in the habit of jumping all over someone in these forums (unless you are thomas) for asking questions, but I just wanted to remind you that it is impolite to ask for ETA's.

These Devs work hard and have already done tremendous things with this phone in a short period.

If you are unwilling to do any testing to help the development, your questions just come across as annoying.

Again, I don't want to come off as crass, and I see you are a new member, I just wanted to impress upon you that it is not proper etiquette to ask for ETA's.

I hope you enjoy your Marquee and the forum.

Upvote 0
Spent about 5 hours on 3G today, taking the kids to the zoo. Didn't use the phone hardly at all. Drained the battery pretty fast, maybe 15% or a bit more per hour. Don't know if this is due to my apps syncing too often or what but that really sucks. I am wondering if the cell radio is not very efficient...?

I live in poor coverage, and battery life was horrible for me until I started using JuiceDefender to limit syncing. My suspicions lie with various google apps doing way to much of that, and unlike my exchange account there isn't a way to control that natively in Android for google's stuff (gmail, music, drive, etc).

With sync schedule set to 1 hour schedule in JuiceDefender, I can now get upwards to 2 days of battery life with minimal use, compared to a day if I was lucky before.

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0
I'm not in the habit of jumping all over someone in these forums (unless you are thomas) for asking questions, but I just wanted to remind you that it is impolite to ask for ETA's.

These Devs work hard and have already done tremendous things with this phone in a short period.

If you are unwilling to do any testing to help the development, your questions just come across as annoying.

Again, I don't want to come off as crass, and I see you are a new member, I just wanted to impress upon you that it is not proper etiquette to ask for ETA's.

I hope you enjoy your Marquee and the forum.

Kinda figured I might get a response like this, but point well taken. I meant no disrespect to the Devs ....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones