• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]ANARCHY RELOADED by Mastermind, first custom rom for Micromax A73

mastermind1024

Android Expert
Oct 13, 2011
India

Anarchy.jpg

THE WAIT IS OVER
HERE IS THE FIRST EVER CUSTOM ROM FOR MICROMAX A73
PRESENTED TO YOU BY

~# MASTERMIND #~

ANARCHY RELOADED

Features:

- ANDROID 2.3.5
- Pre-rooted
- Odexed (For faster boot & save space on /data)
- Busybox installed
- Nice boot animation sound
- Added ICS boot & shutdown animation
- Bravia Engine
- Beats Audio + xLoud mod
(removed in update 1.1)
- Cyan Over-scroll
- Video calling supported
- Updated Android Play Store to the latest version available (3.8.17)
- Added File Manager by Rhythm Software (Free app, Root explorer support)
- Replaced default camera app with lgCamera app (free app)
- No more grainy camera
- Battery percentage (in steps of 1%) display
- Nicer battery low noification popup
- Battery full charged notification
- Latest Holo Launcher as default launcher
- Added AdFree app & hosts to system hosts file (blocks ads in several applications or games)
- MTK CPU Control app (free app)
- Updated APN list for Indian service providers
- Changed lock screen interface to ICS style (somewhat)
- build.prop tweaks to improve pictures and video quality, increase touch responsiveness and improve battery life
- Cosmetic changes to the stock theme
- Most notification icons in cyan color
- Properly configured Network icons to ICS style including roaming icons (Self modded)
- Use sim background color of your choice, Network icons will not be affected (Screenshots 6,7)
- Transperent notification center
- Added ext2 filesystem support (ext2 fs now works with Link2SD)
- Added init.d support (self modded boot.img)
- Disabled Dalvik verify-bytecode to speedup ROM
- Wifi bug solved
- Volume Rocker Wake Mod (Use Vol Rocker to wake the device)
- Mod to show downloading file name in cyan color in notification center
- Mod to show playing song name in cyan color in notification center
- Mod to show sim label even with transperent sim background (that's orange in 2nd row)
- Ability to write IMEI numbers in Engineering Mode
- Google Maps 6.1.1 (mmx stock version is 5.11.0)(Note: Highest possible version i found showing proper gps location, latest maps not showing. This is the case with A75, not sure about A73)

INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL ROM:

1) You must have CWM Recovery to install the rom.
2) Copy the Anarchy_Reloaded_by_Mastermind_A73.zip to root of your sdcard
3) Switch off the device & boot into Recovery mode by holding down Vol Up key & Power On.
4) Back up your current ROM. (This is must if u run into some problem to restore)
5) Now, Wipe data/Factory reset
6) Install zip from sdcard
7) Choose zip from sdcard
8) Select copied ANARCHY rom zip file
9) Confirm the action
10) ROM installed
11) Reboot system

DOWNLOADS:

1) ROM: ANARCHY_RELOADED_by_Mastermind_A73.zip

CREDITS:
- A73 users shahabazas & falesh for testing A75 rom on A73
- I have made some changes on this rom now n its not tested yet, so putting a BETA tag.1st few testers will qualify for credits list.
- gta, 1st tester
- drsparsh, 2nd tester n beta tester

KNOWN BUGS:
- Network bug solved
- front camera 90 degree rotated left
- Do report if u find one

REMOTE POSSIBILITY:
- If after flashing rom shows bootanimation but does not get home screen, then just reboot to recovery n reflash the rom zip, this time it will start without a hitch.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

- 1st boot may take some time, keep this in mind
- Apps in screenshots are not included(e.g.Facebook,Whatsapp etc.), this a basic rom package only to keep the rom size low.
- Requests are invited for changes or app packages
- Int2Ext+ is working fine (U can find it here, just flash the zip)

DISCLAIMER:

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns before flashing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

UPDATES:

- For updates, see 2nd post

SCREENSHOTS:

They are from my A75, wait for someone with A73 to post his/her screenshots.

AnarchyReloaded.jpg

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THANKS IF U LIKE MY WORK

# AND GUYS/GALS(if there is any:D),PLEASE DON'T QUOTE THE WHOLE POST #

UPDATES

1) Update 1.1
- Update 1.0 (for A75, A73 already has 1.0 included)
- Removed BeatsAudio+xLoud (decision based on reviews)
- Included DSP Manager

- Just flash the zip via recovery after taking a nandroid backup, it will take care of old files.

DOWNLOADS:

1) Anarchy_Reloaded_Update_1.1_A73

SCREENSHOTS:

Upvote 0
all things working fine ....... u can remove the beta tag if u want ..... BTW there is a visual bug in the bar which appears in some lists for eg. in the music app when scrolling thru songs... the big one ..... it looks strange ..pls fix it :)
I don't get it, screenshot will be appreciated...please.
N thanks for testing,u r a trusted tester(i know u since A70:p), u will see yourself in credits list soon...

Upvote 0
here u go. see that bar on right side ...

Buddy its the scroll bar what u want mastermind to do with it do u want him to make it smaller or u are asking him to remove it as it its a scroll bar so it cant be removed and if u want him to make changes it the apk and make it small then he needs to work on it and get it but i dont think its a bug as if its present in the app only for better scrolling.

Upvote 0
noo I wanted to him to make it look good. see it carefully it is having some visual bugs ....
1st of all scroll bar can't be removed, if i do so it will also gets removed from other apps as its in framework...u will not be able to jump to particular contact in contact app etc...
N what u calling visual bug is i think that color difference in the middle, right?it is what it is...i will see some other ics apks for replacement of this scroll bar.

Upvote 0
Updated the rom but there is no network in both the sims.. Anyone else facing this problem???
Flash thrice with this rom.. there is no signal..
Again installed bt 1.1 and bt 1.1 is working fine..
Strange....its working for others.
What u can try is,get the both rom's zip, replace contents of /system/etc/firmware/ folder of Anarchy with that of BT rom...then flash again.

Upvote 0
everything is working fine.. there is no lag in dialer as was present in bt 1.1. every thing is super smooth. except i dont like the incoming call screen. Its pretty old. is there any way to change this may be like bt 1.1 or anything different from stock.. and i dont think beatsaudio is working, there is no icon for that (my htc shows icon in notification area). When i go to sound effects in music player n enable it n select any effect. The music player stops and then i have to again play the song again. and volume of music player is lower than bt. BT has better sound quality.

Upvote 0
everything is working fine.. there is no lag in dialer as was present in bt 1.1. every thing is super smooth. except i dont like the incoming call screen. Its pretty old. is there any way to change this may be like bt 1.1 or anything different from stock.. and i dont think beatsaudio is working, there is no icon for that (my htc shows icon in notification area). When i go to sound effects in music player n enable it n select any effect. The music player stops and then i have to again play the song again. and volume of music player is lower than bt. BT has better sound quality.
BeatsAudio icon would be there if i did not remove BeatsAudio.apk....i removed it because it is actually BeatsAudio Installer...it will be there just for notification only.u can even install in from Play Store.
N dialer screen cannot be changed...n worst part is dialer replacements are not compatible with mtk devices.i have tried many, they will be shown on calls but they are unable to pickup or reject call...they will again sow u original dialer screen to pickup or reject.
I know about the audio, i m trying to improve since i noticed that but i m still struggling.

Reactions: drsparsh
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones