1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [ROM] Angry Bean / CM 10.1 [build 08.08.13]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chairshot215, Mar 8, 2013.

1. thesandman6

thesandman6 Newbie
    None

Aug 2, 2012

Advertisement

Ozymandias420 and goshjosh like this.
  2. mogul218

mogul218 Newbie
    None

Aug 14, 2012
    Male
    I'm getting an error message when trying to install Angry Bean

set_perm: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10.1-20130409.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Anyone know what might be up?

Edit: FYI, I'm using 4EXT touch and I tried with and without smart flash enabled.

Edit 2: FIXED

3. boomer_jmoore

boomer_jmoore Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Male
    Sales Associate at a Tech Store.
    Chicago, IL
    So I just flash each one of these files except for that test one? Is flashing the mms zip necessary? I thought that was implemented into the rom now.

Attached Files:

4. g60madman

g60madman Guest
    None
    Gapps, cm10 and angry bean vvm. I'll get the MMS stuff moved out to another folder some point this weekend, that is for other 10.1 ROMs.

boomer_jmoore likes this.
  5. packers757

packers757 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2013
    I'm stuck on the htc splashscreen, I've tried flashing the rom numerous times and still get the same result. I've done the "fix everything", i'm on the right h-boot, i'm just not seeing what i'm doing wrong...any ideas?

6. EHokie

EHokie Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 20, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Are you trying to boot with a different kernel?

7. gothicnerd1033

gothicnerd1033 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 25, 2013
    Male
    Philli, PA
    Have you tried wiping EVERYTHING except your SD card? You have to perform a complete wipe(minus the SD card) every time you switch between a 4.1/4.2 ROM and a 4.0 ROM. You really should do a complete wipe when you flash a different ROM period, every time.

8. Ozymandias420

Ozymandias420 Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2013
    Male
    Lancaster, Pa
    Damn you, Windows 8! It won't let me install them. Are you absolutely sure that it's a driver issue? It's odd that my USB tethering is only broken for this ROM, as well as WFTN and PACman. It works fine of every stock-ish ROM I've tried, as well as a couple of CM10 ROMs. It just seems counterintuitive that only a small minority of ROMs would require a certain driver.

Definitely liking the ROM so far, but without USB tether it can't be a daily driver. Other than that, the only issue I've noticed is that the video camera is broken.

9. thesandman6

thesandman6 Newbie
    None

Aug 2, 2012
    Without the drivers it didn't recognize the phone and I could only mount it as an external drive. It might just be a windows 8 thing, I've gotten it to work on vista and 7. Have you tried to load the drivers manually through device manager?

10. ShadyBusiness

ShadyBusiness Member
    None

Jul 2, 2012
    Anyone else having issues with Gallery? I'm experience some force closures and such. I switched to quickpic for browsing images but the camera itself is force closes sometimes, especially camcorder.

11. greg_t

greg_t Newbie
    None

Dec 4, 2012
    Ok, after doing a backup, went back to RUU and updated everything and ran activation. Then unlocked the phone, and did the joe_blow hacks to bring back the 4ext with 1.50.5050 hboot. After that, 3g started working. Don't know what caused 3g not to work in the first place though.

12. greg_t

greg_t Newbie
    None

Dec 4, 2012
    I got a new "Close to Out of Space" notification with significant battery drain. Ran the wimax fix zip file and the problem is gone. I thought the wimax fix was incorporated in this rom...

13. g60madman

g60madman Guest
    None
    It is, sounds like its not working right I will work on this for the next build. Since the script runs before the ROM is installed this maybe the problem.

14. greg_t

greg_t Newbie
    None

Dec 4, 2012
    Additionally, the Power Widgets' 4G Button doesn't work. The only thing it does is to change the button from lit to unlit. However, the actual WiMax doesn't turn on or off. I have to do it from the menu (which I can invoke by long-pressing the Power Widgets' 4G button)

15. EHokie

None

Feb 20, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Known problem with CM10 (I think CM9 was fine) and up. Long press to access the settings menu and change it there.

16. greg_t

greg_t Newbie
    None

Dec 4, 2012
    Having the same problem - wife fwded me an SMS conversation as series of MMS messages (from her iphone, containing only text). Messenger wasn't able to display it while Facebook Messenger worked fine. Using the latest build.

However, sending an image (from same iphone) via MMS works perfectly fine.

17. Megatoaster

Megatoaster Newbie
    None

Feb 14, 2013
    Male
    I love this ROM

Great work

g60madman likes this.
  18. ProGolferMark

ProGolferMark Lurker
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    I can confirm that #1 is happening on this ROM for me. Audio out on the headphone jack does get wonky after receiving a call. I have to quit whichever app is playing the music and relaunch to get it to sound normal again.

19. EHokie

None

Feb 20, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    I receive calls so rarely I couldn't vouch for this, but I did often have a problem with plugging and unplugging my headphones (Poweramp set to resume playback on plug-in). After about 5 times of plugging in and removing, audio went crazy (I imagine what you guys are dealing with).

Haven't had the issue since I installed ButteredToast, and Beats doesn't hurt :)

20. angryeggplant

angryeggplant Newbie
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    I just flashed this today and I love it so far! Stupid question but, what can I do to fix cLock showing Celsius and not Fahrenheit? I unchecked the metric box but it is still in Celsius. The only other problem I have had has been when I reboot my phone, my battery charge suddenly drops a ton. I am a newb so I don't really know what that is about. I am sure these are issues on my side of things and not on the ROM though! Wonderful work.

21. EHokie

None

Feb 20, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    For the temperature thing, I found this to be a problem if I reflashed a rom and it kept old settings. It would keep the settings for cLock, as I would go in and metric would still be unchecked, but I think it always needs to be cycled to work. Just go in to settings and hit it twice and see if it works... or use DashClock ;)

And the battery dropping when the phone reboots... I think that's merely an issue of the way the phone reads the data. I imagine it can read the battery level better once it's been on for a while. Rebooting kinda refreshes everything. I don't know how accurate I am with this, but I don't THINK it's anything you can do anything about. If I'm within my last 15% and reboot, I usually come back to find like 8%.

angryeggplant likes this.
  22. JagShrapnel

JagShrapnel Member
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    I tried to install this with Hboot 1.57.5757 and got an install failure/error with 4EXT.

Currently using Mobster Lite.

23. angryeggplant

angryeggplant Newbie
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    Sweet! That got the weather thing to work, thanks. :) That's a bummer about the battery thing. I don't reboot my phone that often so it isn't that much of a problem though.

I think your hboot needs to be version 1.5. Step two of this guide should help you! http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/695161-s-off-root-fix-everything-all-in-one.html Hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

24. Chicoman

Chicoman Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 12, 2013
    Male
    La La Land
    joe blows hacks

25. Kamek

Kamek Lurker
    None

Apr 2, 2013
    Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for this amazing rom! I picked up my Evo on clearance at Target (last one they had) because I managed to brick my Optimus (I've since unbricked it, but it was a nightmare trying to do so and I ended up wiping all the phone data meid etc. in the process). First thing I did after activating was rooting, unlocking, s-off, and looking for a good Jelly Bean rom to install... this one certainly fits the bill, as I've been using it ever since (around April 3rd or so) and I haven't run into any showstopping issues. In fact, it's a lot more stable than my OV ever was. My only gripe is the non-working 4G notification bar button, as mentioned above.

Thanks again and keep up the good work :D

g60madman likes this.
Tags: