• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]AOKP][KITKAT][4.4.4][Exhibit]T599x

while I think aokp and cm11 will only flash with philz touch. I'd say go with that recovery. Has a nicer ui than twrp for one and you can flash basically every custom rom for our phone.

I've had issues with philz touch recovery in the past, I've read up on it and the Twrp 2.7 is built only for kk and will only flash kk roms. Honestly dont know when I'm going to be flashing any other rom besides a kk rom so I'll stick with my favorite recovery for now :p

Upvote 0
I've had issues with philz touch recovery in the past, I've read up on it and the Twrp 2.7 is built only for kk and will only flash kk roms. Honestly dont know when I'm going to be flashing any other rom besides a kk rom so I'll stick with my favorite recovery for now :p

Keyword past lol. It's had updates and I've been using it this whole time. Not one problem. Well almost all roms for our phone have already been updated to kit kat minus a few that aren't being worked on anymore.

Upvote 0
Keyword past lol. It's had updates and I've been using it this whole time. Not one problem. Well almost all roms for our phone have already been updated to kit kat minus a few that aren't being worked on anymore.

If I needed to... How would I reset the settings for the recovery? Say I'm trying to set the brightness lower and it goes down to zero and I can't see anything like I did on my zte xD.

Upvote 0
Wait what lol. I don't mess with any of the settings in recovery so I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Well..... My old phone I kinda turned down the brightness because I didn't know you had to cycle through everything to go down and it ended up at 0% brightness and I had no idea where the toggle was. Kinda silly ik but I tried and looked everywhere to find a way to reset the settings lol

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones