• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][AOSP]dGB v01_28_2012| 2.3.5| 375MB /data| 60MB /system |Mult-lang |Unlock |Reboot[28 Jan]

Its going to be a few steps and its arguable what way you do it.

I would take a longer approach myself.

• Flash 1.4 and patch to OLD value (making sure all looks right in teh rom itself)
  • nandroid
  • Wipe data (to clear .android_secure)
  • Format all parts
  • Change mtdpartmap
  • Patch recovery
  • Reboot recovery
  • nandroid restore
  • Patch boot with NEW values

Upvote 0
Well I have just rooted my phone :D and it was so easy (and I'm on a Mac) and have just installed this release. Must say I'm rather impressed ;)
Gingerbread looks rather neat and I have no bloatware on it, I never used facebook, twitter, stocks etc. so I won't miss them.

Couple of questions though and I hope I'm not being dim, but
how do I install a couple of wallpapers and ringtones ?????
My WiFi signal strength seems to be rather low compared to before (froyo) do I need to adjust any settings ? the router is only 6 foot away from me and it only shows one bar :(

apart from that, its a really slick phone I have now :D thanks to SUroot ;)

Upvote 0
1.4 is flawless imo once manu 1.4 is flashed
hes cleared up the image rendering problems with surface flinger that plagued alpha png rendering.
Im funny about roms, if there is something that niggles me i cannot use it.
I had a stripped version of cm7 nightly which was nice as i got it to 75mb but it still had that wierd problem with screen on animation turned on and i proved it was not kernel specific.

anyway, this is what AOSP should be and id be surprised people who like aosp variants didnt fall in love with this as it gives you what you "need" in terms of functionality while remaining totally naked.

I hope when redux2 sources and commits are available you experiment with the new notifications system and tweeks he has made

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
Wow, thanks Rastaman. I certainly will have a play, yes. 1.4 as far as I can tell is "final" for now. There are a couple of suggestions that I may look at but as I've beenslogging on this for about 3 months now, I am really due some time off.

But once R2 sources are available, I will surely be loooking at whats what.
time off? what is this you speak of?

well i was going to get into making a rom, didnt find the time to get started and learn. now this is made there is no point in me doing so as it does exactly what i would make.
I think we are of similar taste tbh so youve saved me some time. although ill get to being a dev one day for future phones etc.

whether you like it or not mate you are a proper dev not a kiddy scripter. youve built this from the ground up and own the smallest ROM (with g-apps included) for bravo desire on the planet.
Other roms claim to be 48mb/50mb etc but either thats zipped or without g-apps.

one day im going to get some import belgian/german beers in and go round to your yard and you will give me a crash course one evening.
We will drink as true gents and code like beasts

Upvote 0
I was hoping to get into the everything desire thread at least, but still no joy.

Thanks for repping.

v1.4 downloads are at 134. Could do better....

302 downloads since records began (v1.2)
I'll download, just to get your numbers up lol!
Seriously, I'm planning on trying this soon, as you got rid of a lot of the apps that I don't need.
Q: anyone got a comparison to this and Oxygen 2.2.1? What is the advantage of have apps on the internal memory and not sddext? I'm guessing speed..

well done SU

Upvote 0
I'll download, just to get your numbers up lol!
Seriously, I'm planning on trying this soon, as you got rid of a lot of the apps that I don't need.
Q: anyone got a comparison to this and Oxygen 2.2.1? What is the advantage of have apps on the internal memory and not sddext? I'm guessing speed..

well done SU

speed, more space on sdcard for things you want on sdcard
backups never requiring partition to be needed on sdcard.

Upvote 0
Thought as much;)
So coming from oxygen, and going the whole hog, I need to wipe/FR. delete the ext3, Flash the 65mb HBoot. flash the dGB, restore APNs, Ti Restore Apps.
is this about it?

you dont "need" to delete the ext as the phone wont even look for it but obviously its wasted space if you dont.
imo leave that untill you are comfortable this rom is for you and you can live without a2sd+ (most can but some people install silly amounts of apps)
the hboot is now 60. with the latest 1.4 build of dgb i see no reason not to use the smaller hboot.

flash the hboot you will need to "fastboot erase system" and "fastboot erase cache" then "fastboot reboot bootloader"

Reactions: rowlers
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones