• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]AOSP ShiftTh3ory

Im using 1.2 of this rom starting today. Is there anyway to make websites not show up in mobile view. I liked how band allowed me to check whether I wanted mobile view or not?

Nevermind I figured the above question out. But I stumbled on 2 more problems. I am unable to edit threads as it wont let me bring a keyboard up in the edit window. Also I have flash installed but I can not get video to play on websites. I'm thinking I need to go back to bamf.....

the browser issues youre having are prolly remedied by changing some settings and/or using something other than the stock browser. i personally use miren,and flash even seems to be working after installing the hacked version linked on page 5. some other good ones are dolphin,opera,and skyfire.

Anyone having issues with the Wireless Tether app? I get disconnects but if I wait long enough it'll reconnect.

Thanks in advance!

every rom ive ever run ive had to stop tethering after starting it,then restart for the device being tethered to actually start sending and recieving data. after it starts working ive never had it disconnect,but then ive never really used it much for more than a few minutes. longest time was a couple hours when i was on vacation and couldnt connect to hotel wifi... i turned it on so my dad could tether his nook and his inactive droid :)

Upvote 0
I really put the battery to the test today. Off charger at 7:30, off wifi -> 4G from 8am until 2PM and without signal for about 1.5 hours in the mountains. I left the phone on just to screw around and maybe take a couple of pictures knowing it would suck my battery like a bee on nectar. So now it's 2:45, a little over 7 hours and I have 15% left.. oops 14%. Tough test for any battery. Running Tiamat 1.1.2 OC to 113 UV -25 from stock.

Upvote 0
I got pretty dang good battery life on the stock kernel with 2.0. I let it go 24 hours after clearing battery stats, then turned off wifi and went to 4G because I wanted to get the drain/recharge cycle over with.

One thing I have noticed is that the fast charging kernels charge faster on than the hardware does off. I let it sit for two hours off, turned in on and it was at 72%, then charged the rest of the way in about 30 minutes. I know it is not linear, but it should actually be slower at high percentages, so I think it is going at least twice as fast when on.

Upvote 0
Mine too. I have to admit, I've grown kind of fond of using this ROM and expecting that it'd be updated regularly. With Slayher taking a leave and now DT I feel like an abandoned baby left in a basket on someones door step. Who's going to open the door. . .

well said worm. after i think about it a sec,that pretty sums it up for me,too.

i dont notice anything immediately different in 2.0,but its running great :)

kind of curious about the OMFGB build as well. he seemed to be in a rush this morning,even asked users to provide the md5 for him... prolly explains why he didnt go into detail about the differences between final and testers.

the changelog for 2.0 says this:
V2.0F
New SOURCE
NEW UI
Added (VOX) Geo (AGPS) FIX
Redid RAM Script and Sysctr
New WiFi Tether
Fixed Headphone/AUX Output
A mix of other things

didnt notice the "new ui" bit. now im kinda wanting to reflash and see what it looks like. i immediately flashed the burnpackmod so i never booted to the new ui. :eek:

Upvote 0
well said worm. after i think about it a sec,that pretty sums it up for me,too.

i dont notice anything immediately different in 2.0,but its running great :)

kind of curious about the OMFGB build as well. he seemed to be in a rush this morning,even asked users to provide the md5 for him... prolly explains why he didnt go into detail about the differences between final and testers.

the changelog for 2.0 says this:
V2.0F
New SOURCE
NEW UI
Added (VOX) Geo (AGPS) FIX
Redid RAM Script and Sysctr
New WiFi Tether
Fixed Headphone/AUX Output
A mix of other things

didnt notice the "new ui" bit. now im kinda wanting to reflash and see what it looks like. i immediately flashed the burnpackmod so i never booted to the new ui. :eek:

Downloading now can't wait!

Upvote 0
DT just posted his "personal build", the hybrid OMFGB/CM7/AOSP ROM BlackAOSP. It's posted on his personal site and in the description he said because it's a hybrid he "couldn't post it on the forums" I'm not sure what that means to be honest. I think I'm going to flash this instead of shift

edit: here's the link http://th3oryrom.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=177

Reactions: digdug1
Upvote 0
im not sure what that means either. :thinking: im downloading it now,but i think i want to do a full wipe to install that one. in the mean time i think ill go back and reflash 2.0 to see what this new ui is all about :)

I don't see the need to do a full wipe and I probably won't. If it was all OMFGB I would, but the fact that he has CM7 "sprinkled in" I don't think it'll be an issue. Plus with formatting system you're wiping all remnants of the previous ROM, just not the data so it shouldn't matter. Someone on XDA asked DT if he recommends a full wipe. If he responds I'll update my post

edit: some people are experiencing FC's on system apps. The ROM itself was smaller than the shifts, thinking he may have left some things out before uploading? I'm going to hold off on Black and just flash Shift

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
or they possibly are getting FCs from not doing full wipes ;) i agree AOSP based roms are prolly similar enuff to not realy need it,but i found when flashing nightlys on my inc,that a fresh install every few days seemed to always do wonders for speeding things up and fixing small issues that would start to pop up. even if its not needed to full wipe im prolly going to for no other reason than ive done alot of no-wipe flashing lately,lol.

i did just reflash 2.0 and found blacked out burnt style mms,phone,contacts,and gmail(sorry worm) and some different icons in the pull down,as well as a different battery icon,and the familiar green for signal strength. there are prolly some other differences,bt thats all ive found so far.

Upvote 0
I agree a full wipe is always good every once and a while. I just don't have the time to do one today. I'm holding off on Black anyways. I don't know if you noticed, but he left some paid apps (root explorer, better terminal pro) in Black, maybe that's what he was referring to about not being able to post it in the forums. If anyone hasn't purchased RE yet may want to go download Black and get a copy for free

AFA the black gmail, I'm going to flash my modded burn with no gmail so it's not an issue

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones