• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

Great looking rom, quick question. I was allready deodexed on the last ota before I started to flash roms. I am on the .340 ota now. I noticed in the changes that the rom is deodexed, does this mean I DON'T have to be deodexed before hand or do I? Thanks.

ROM replaces all system files... Whether you are currently deodexed or not shouldn't matter. :D

Upvote 0
Damn, very nice. Again.

Donation sent. I use the hell out of the work you do - ApeX is my go-to ROM, the Gingerbread keyboard is by far my favorite keyboard now, and I was using your Gingerbread theme on ApeX 1.2... not necessary now, though!

Appreciate all of your work.

edit: at the cost of Bud Light, I guess donations could go a long way... but treat yourself to something better once in a while ;)

Upvote 0
Just flashed this and it is amazing..... I love the work you do Fab and will never stray after trying others this is what the Droid X should be!!!!

Just a quick question, is there any way to get the percentage on the battery back??? If not no biggie, but was just curious. Thanks for all your hard work again... :D

One other thing. I tried the clock removal in Rom Manager and it wouldn't work for me. Even tried uninstalling RM and then reinstalling it. It worked with 1.2 but not this one..

Upvote 0
fab are you going to make a gingerbread theme? for instance i installed this new rom this morning, put revo on it, didnt like what i saw, just because of the colors that gingerbread offers, i miss my circle battery indicator, and my DroidXNotifications bar lol, is a REVO n NEX theme going to be in the works? mainly for a color overhaul to add the green gingerbread look? Circle battery notifications ftw!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nevermind, I am an idiot. I was holding down the wrong button on the keyboard to switch inputs. I am not used to the gingerbread keyboard.

Anyone get the Droid X Overclock app to work on this? It says my phone is not compatible.

...and I just wanted to say thanks to Fab. This ROM is awesome. Fastest I have seen so far.

Mine picked up where it left off with no problems. This ROM is running great!

Upvote 0
fab are you going to make a gingerbread theme? for instance i installed this new rom this morning, put revo on it, didnt like what i saw, just because of the colors that gingerbread offers, i miss my circle battery indicator, and my DroidXNotifications bar lol, is a REVO n NEX theme going to be in the works? mainly for a color overhaul to add the green gingerbread look? Circle battery notifications ftw!

the themes from 1.2 work on 1.3.

Upvote 0
You know what would be sweet if it was built into the rom? The program from XDA that lets you choose 2 different keyboards to use depending on orientation. The program will still not load on boot and if it was cooked into the rom, that would be awesome.

[APP][ROOT/Keyboard] Keyboard Manager - Dual keyboard: Portrait/landscape switch - xda-developers

so you're saying it works with apex 1.3.0 but it just has to be launched each time after boot?

Fab - I was having multiple random reboots a day with your old version of apex. Was that because the overclock didn't take well? Will I experience the same issue with 1.3? I sbf'd and installed .340 OTA prior to flashing apex 1.3.0.

Upvote 0
so you're saying it works with apex 1.3.0 but it just has to be launched each time after boot?

Fab - I was having multiple random reboots a day with your old version of apex. Was that because the overclock didn't take well? Will I experience the same issue with 1.3? I sbf'd and installed .340 OTA prior to flashing apex 1.3.0.

Might want to try to lower the voltage... I had reboots too and after lowering the voltage they went away.....

Upvote 0
Anyone know which is the stock Gallery apk???? I am looking through the removed apps zip and don't see it....

if u just want the Stock motorola Gallery all u have to do is go to the Terminal emulator an type

su
gallery

and it will show u the options
-aosp
-mot

so u type
su
gallery -mot

and u will have the stock gallery :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones