1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fabolous, Dec 10, 2010.

1. GasserBGB1

GasserBGB1 Member

For some reason it won't let me change my wallpaper to picturesin my gallery but I can change it to the ones that are stock any idea?

Advertisement

2. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Android Enthusiast

@Fab - Flawless upgrade to 1.3.1 (I modified the framework-res.apk in your zip prior to install). I have tested for all of the problems listed including AutoKiller, Google Voice Search, and overclock; and I am not experiencing any of them. I did not wipe date/cache before upgrade.

Simply AWESOME!! It is actually running smoother then 1.3 for me (at 1.25Ghz ULV). Thank you!

3. emerica243

emerica243 Well-Known Member

Nice work, love this rom!

4. 1wired1

1wired1 Newbie

Hi, I could still use some help with the issue I posted about yesterday. I know you all are busy and I'm not a regular, but the problem with every time I click on a number in all apps and it opening the dialer and inserting the numbers there is quite a bit frustrating.

Otherwise the rom is great I love every bit about it. I didn't wipe before install and everything else works perfect. Thanks again for the opportunity to install it.

1w1

5. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

i am not sure what causes this but i can confirm that my x does the same thing no matter what rom i have used and even when i was stock before rooting or roms or anything so i know its not apex related

6. rustymcbain

rustymcbain Member

I can confirm as well this is a froyo feature I assume.

7. 1wired1

1wired1 Newbie

Thank you for the response. I hadn't noticed it before, but I only had the phone one day before installing the rom. Didn't mean to blame the rom, just don't know anything about this. My apologies to Fab, not my intention.

Thanks
    1w1

8. dellbx

dellbx Member

Just saw the Gingerbread dialer. I think it would be a nice addition to the Apex ROM

9. mikeydooodie

mikeydooodie Android Enthusiast

where?

10. mikeydooodie

im getting random reboots i think its bc of overclocking. i normally use LV @ 1.2 been using that forever and now since 1.3 ive been getting reboots. updates to 1.3.1 same thing. what should i do? im using jrummy's app

11. Slasher42

Slasher42 Newbie

I tried changing my bootanimation two different ways yesterday and I get the same result... Motorola Logo for bootup nothing else.

1st Method) found "bootanimation" file under System/Bin instead of Data/Local like "Stock" and replaced that file with the one I wanted... white moto logo on reboot.

2nd Method) free app from market called Boot Animation Changer... picked one as a test, it downloaded and said Boot Animation changed successfully... white moto logo on reboot.

Anyone know the correct file to replace to change the boot animation using this ROM (Apex 1.3)?

12. canecbr600

canecbr600 Lurker

I think its been this way for awhile. I remember it since my OD i got on release day. Basicall it thinks ur clicking a number to dial. Very handy for me actually, i get phone numbers text to me all the time, so i click the number, up comes the dialer, and 1 click to call.....

13. mruno

mruno Android Expert

its nice except for when you are web browsing and accidentally click on a date and it tries to dial "2010"

14. canecbr600

canecbr600 Lurker

Are you running Jrummys overclock app by chance? There is an option it there to disable Boot animation.....

15. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Android Enthusiast

Place your custom "bootanimation.zip" file in /data/local. Do not mess with anything else. Reboot and, presto. Works for me. Good luck.

16. midnightd

midnightd Newbie

17. GasserBGB1

GasserBGB1 Member

Is there a way to get rid of the Text Messaging app and just use Messaging (that's what I'm used to). Now I get notifications from both. Pain in the arse. I tried using terminal emulator but I keep getting permission denied?

18. midnightd

midnightd Newbie

Did you type 'su' first? Open terminal emulator and type:

su
    messaging -mot

19. 1wired1

1wired1 Newbie

I think it's great when there is a phone number in an email or website or somewhere. It's just a pain other times when it's not a phone number.

20. dellbx

dellbx Member

[​IMG]

21. GasserBGB1

GasserBGB1 Member

Tried that and now it says it's not found.

22. MikereDD

MikereDD Lurker

Fab,
    many thnx for all the time you spend on this rom.
    It's def. been the best rom I've tried, been using apeX since your first release
    & and I always stay up with the updates.
    I try the other roms, TranQ, RubiX, etc.. ALWAYS come back to Ape X. it just runs so clean!
    don't drink & drive w/that beer fund I slipped ya!

ENJOY!

Sin,
    MikereDD

23. pm1066

pm1066 Android Enthusiast

Just making sure--the 1.3.0 goodies are now part of 1.3.1, right? It looks like they are, just being a bit anal.

1.3.1 is rocking even more than 1.3.0. Wow.

24. jsulli1698

jsulli1698 Lurker

Awesome rom fab. Been lurking on here awhile. Was wondering if I upgraded to 1.3.1 if I would lose my circle battery icon. If so, how would I get it back? Thanks. Also, what exactly are all the changes in the new version? Sorry if this is on pg 1.

25. mikeydooodie

yes you will just put it back the same way you put it there the first time AFTER you flash the rom

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews