• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

Upvote 0
I already installed black status bar without clock and the round battery theme, will installing this override that?

Oh, and in the link you posted, how did the guy get those unlock, sound change slider icons?

yes i think it will remove that not sure but if it does just do the remove clock again and the round battery will be that white round battery already

those sliders are part of the theme

Upvote 0
Is there any easy way to go back to the Blur Alarm Clock? I noticed it's the only system file in /app with a .bak extension, tried renaming it .apk but it's read-only. I assume I could do it through adb (if I figure out how to use it) but not sure thats even the reason it's disabled.

The Blur Alarm Clock has that nifty slider at the bottom to dismiss instead of standard versions button (that looks exactly like the snooze button when you wake up and dont have glasses/contacts in.)

p.s. I was able to get the stock Android transitions back and I'm in love with this rom. Great job Fab.

How did you get the stock Android transitions?

Upvote 0
does anyone else have problems with the nexolution theme? when i hit the menu button in the browswer or anywhere really, i cannot see what the txt says, is there a script for it? and also in gmail you cannot select different messages, you have to long press or open them all to delete them, are we going to see a fix for this?

nexolution i buggy, if you are looking for that look check this out

http://androidforums.com/2047510-post1227.html

the first link is the battery with green and the second link is the battery white like nexolution

Upvote 0
This is not a question specific to ApeX (which is awesome), but I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem anywhere and there seem to be a lot of intelligent people on this thread that I'm hoping can help.

After a cache/data wipe when I restore my apps (tried with TB/google account, and mybackuppro) I can get all of my apps to appear in the market, paid and free, but the market asks me to pay for apps I've already purchased when its time to update them or others (Fruit Ninja, LPI) give me a "Application Not Licensed" message when I try to run them.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to solve it.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
My question is, I had 'Spare Parts' before flashing this ROM, so now I have two of them in my app drawer. So I want to get rid of one of them, but I wanted to make sure I can just uninstall it from TiBU and not have to go into Terminal Emulator to do it.

The reason I ask is because when I wanted to get rid of AWD Launcher someone gave me the trminal commands to punch in. Which worked just fine, I just didn't know if the apps that came with this ROM weren't supposed to be uninstalled by other means besides by terminal commands.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm having trouble installing Angry Birds from the market or from sdcard AngryBirds_1.4.2.apk.

Market gives an error: Unknown reason -18
tried to install the AngryBirds_1.4.2.apk from sdcard and it just pops up window and says Application not installed
This also happen with
Angry Birds Seasons
AndroZip File Manager
and a couple others I've forgotten.

Most apps will install from market or sdcard without issues

Anyone else having this problem?
if so did you find a way to get app to install?

Device Info
Model: Moto DroidX
Rom: Ape X 1.3.1
SysVersion: 2.3.340
And Ver: 2.2.1

Upvote 0
This is not a question specific to ApeX (which is awesome), but I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem anywhere and there seem to be a lot of intelligent people on this thread that I'm hoping can help.

After a cache/data wipe when I restore my apps (tried with TB/google account, and mybackuppro) I can get all of my apps to appear in the market, paid and free, but the market asks me to pay for apps I've already purchased when its time to update them or others (Fruit Ninja, LPI) give me a "Application Not Licensed" message when I try to run them.

Thanks.

all purchases are should be saved in your gmail account, just like with how it handles contacts.
if you still have the emails of proof of purchase from market, contact google market and send them the proof you purchased apps.

I've never seen or had that happen. I still have purchased under apps I paid for along time ago and dont even install/use anymore. :s

I made a folder to save all my emailed proof of purchase from various accounts and save them forever.

Upvote 0
Two things I've noticed just recently.

1. Not sure if its just me, but Angry Birds doesn't work. It starts, gets to loading screen and then kicks back out to the Home. Angry Birds Seasons seems to work fine though, weird.

2. Also, while using the Nexolution theme, when viewing GMail and selecting Menu > More I am unable to read the options because its white background with white text. Not sure if there's a way to correct this or not.

With Angry Birds, update it through the market it will work fine, it has for me. Sorry I cannot help with the text color

Upvote 0
Finally figured it out. It looks like it has to do with having multiple gmail accounts and the order in which you add them back after a factory reset. I have standard a gmail account and a custom domain gmail account. You'd think you would want to add the account that is tied to your google checkout first to sync but in my case it was the exact opposite. Once I wiped data and added my accounts back in the reverse order the apps all show up without licensing issues.

Now I can enjoy this fantastic ROM.

Thanks to those who replied.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Guys, if this has been addressed I apologize. This thread is so huge and I have learned so much I feel bad asking but hear goes. I just used my camera fro the first time since installing Apex 1.3.0 and I noticed a considerable lag in the time betrween I press the shutter button and the shutter actually firing. Has anyone else noticed this? Does Apex use the Blur camera and camcorder?

Upvote 0
Where's the circle percent battery zip? Also, does it just install the circle battery? That's all I want. AAAAAAAAANNND does it match the Gingerbread colour?

which one? I've posted update zips to three different ones. one is color changing (blue,green,orange,yellow,red) and the other two are in the REVOlution theme, one theme with a white circle battery and one theme with a green circle battery. I also plan on working on bringing NEXtheme over to 1.3.1 this upcoming week as well.

Upvote 0
If i reinstall my other round batter theme, the color one, will it just effect the battery emblem?

no, all of the zips ive posted are the entire framework from apex. so the color changing circle battery zip is apex 1.3.1 (gingerbread theme) with the color changing circle battery.
both revolution circle batteries I posted are all of the themed framework from REVOlution theme layed into the framework from Apex
so if you were to install the color changing circle battery when you had one of the revolution themes installed it would overwrite everything from the revolution theme
hope that helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones