Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fabolous, Dec 10, 2010.
i'm getting double text messages when they are received, has any one else had this problem?
In most cases you will be able to find the answers to your questions by doing a quick search of the previous posts. On page number 1 there is a link to the FabDroid Wiki, much like the one below. Click on that link and read the very first item. It answers your question regarding double text messages.
FAQ - FabDroid Wiki
thanks buddy. it worked.
has anyone on this ROM actually overclocked as well? my phone seems pretty fast and not sure if i should mess with it? but it could be a little faster. what are you guys using and what are your settings?
Been running this since the day it came out. Admittedly I haven't read through all 30 pages, but...
Issues I have not experienced in any other ROM incl stock:
1) I use Opera Mini, and sometimes when you search for something in opera, then go to write a text message, some or all of the words you typed into opera will appear in the text message field. Example, you google search for "android forums droid x", hit home, go to text messaging icon (i use LP), click on a text to respond to, and the field will already have "droid x" or "x" in it.
2) sometimes when I go to text and click on a text to respond to, it opens up a text from another person to respond to (very very dangerous....I'm most concerned about this getting fixed)
3) texting is super inaccurate with this keyboard IMO (I'm using the "good" GB keyboard). It takes me about 2-3x as long to text than it has in the past bc of having to correct all the errors, especially the autocorrect errors, some of which are way, way off base. If you type in some random letters bc of the inaccuracy of the KB, for example "knh" it autocorrects to "inherent"...uhh?
4) I use Bright Control, and so freaking often the phone overrides it and makes the brightness the default stock lowest setting. Other ROMs (stock too) had this problem as well, but while other ROMS would do it after a minute or two, at the least, w/ Apex it happens about every 20 seconds at the least, but usually I make it about 2 seconds before the normal brightness kicks in.
5) Sometimes when I go to unlock the phone, the unlock slider either doesn't budge or only moves a few mm, not allowing me to unlock the phone until i turn the screen off then back on.
6) a TON of random system not responding errors causing me to have to reboot. I didn't have this problem at all for about 2 weeks, and now its multiple times a day.
7) also didn't happen for about 2 weeks but now increasing in frequency, is that the phone will sometimes become totally unresponsive....no buttons work, no sounds or anything etc, and I have to battery pull.
That's all I can think of at the moment. Thanks for an otherwise fantastic ROM.
Also I would be extremely happy/grateful if someone could make a KB that doesn't have that ridiculously stupid smiley face button wedged in between other more important buttons...just make it go away or at least not function.
for a while i overclocked/undervolted but i have not messed with it in a while,,,i have one of those devices that becomes very unstable with even just a little tweaking of the sort and i have tried every combination of settings,,also with 1.3.1 my x flys and i have great batt life so no need
I tried to use the terminal version of overclock but it freezes my phone so I use the Jrummy's overclock app (basically the same thing) I do ULV for 1.30 gHz and it's blazing fast
Hey guys, I'm getting a weird issue where the wifi (Settings>Wireless and Networks>wi-fi settings) will freeze or become unresponsive if I am not at my house. At home, it detects the network fine (I think the info is stored in my account) and can connect to it. But when I am not home (and I've experienced this in many different locations) the application will freeze up resulting in a black screen or an error message (which I can't reproduce right now because I'm at home.) After maybe 10 seconds if me pressing the home button the program will close and I can go back to my home screen. I don't have the slightest idea of what the issue is, and I can't seem to find reference to this in the forums. Any suggestions?
having a really bad battery drain phone only lasted 3 hours with average use anyone experiencing this problem?
No, my battery life better then on any other ROM
i always overclock. ive been doing it for so long that the stock 1ghz setting is now too slow. i usually run at 1.2ghz at 65v, but my phone is stable up to 1.4ghz at 74 v. it just drains the battery faster so i stick to 1.2 for everyday use. the highest ive gone is 1.475ghz (cant remember the voltage) and manage to get a good 5-10 minutes before my phone freezes. as far as overclocking on this rom, i personally have had no issues. by the way i only use the milestone overclock app. simple enough for me...
I ended up totally screwing up my Swype app on Apex. I tried to backup the app using Titanium Backup but somehow failed miserably, used Titanium to remove it and now, the beta FC's all the time and I've lost the original. I didn't find these instructions in time. Any thoughts on how to restore other than completely reinstalling Apex ROM?
before i updated to this rom i was getting 2300 for the quadrant scores, now i'm getting 1,420. why is the blue bar (CPU), of the quadrant graph so low on my droid?
Is there any way that a script could be made to go to a different dialer? I loved ApeX but I was having the same issue that I was having with stock where the dialer would utilize UID 1001 100% of the time. I know it is the fault of the blur dialer because the problem doesn't appear on Rubix. *whisper* but I like ApeX more so I'd like to switch back
+1. would love to see that in the next update
Postulate of mine: I wonder how many people are having issues because of rogue programs, or services.
I don't seem to have any of these issues, granted I have not themed yet.
I have been on 1.3.1 since the day it came out. I have had NO issues that have been reported, my phone has been running great. With normal use and some tethering (I got an Android Tablet for Christmas, no my X feels small when I hold it, but back on track) I am at 40% to 30% battery left at the end of the day, 16 hours. I have not turned my phone off in over a week and noticed today I got my first soft reboot!
I could not be happier with how this ROM has been working for me.
Installed Apex 1.3 about a month ago and it ran amazing the first few weeks. Now, my phone is becoming unresponsive and freezing about 1-2 times a day. About 1/2 of those times I have to do a battery pull while the other time I believe it restarts on it's own.. though it does not reset the "up time" under the settings-status menu.
Any ideas? It used to run flawlessly.
Im getting horrible battery life with apex. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make my battery last longer. im a newbie and have just recently rooted. i really like apex and want to keep it but i need somewhat of a good battery life...
thanks in advance.
turn auto brightness off. and as much as possible, keep birghtness setting all the way down. i notice this helps my battery a lot.
I'm having trouble with the double text messaging.
Before you tell me to check this whole forum. I have.
And before you tell me or redirect me to the fabwiki. I have.
I have done everything I could to fix the double messages but to no avail. I have tried the scripts, switching between the stock and aosp versions of text messaging, and tested them by texting myself. Still double text messages. I have also tried disabling notifications in all of the sms apps I have and yet that one persistent notification pops up and I cannot link it to any of the sms apps I have installed. I do use go sms and disabled it thinking that I could live with just the stock sms, but still double text messages. I've freezed the messaging apks from both the stock and aosp and again tried to text myself believing that I could not recieve any messages but again a notification shows with no way of me checking the message. The notification that shows is kinda like a letter or postcard. That one is the duplicate and I wish to get rid of it.
ApeX all the way, I love the personalization options, incredible work Fab.
I had the UID 1001 sensor issue in the stock os as well. I tried ApeX and Darkslide and the issue is still present (same dialer). No problem in Rubix which has a different dialer.
This (Apex) in no way, shape, or form should cause my X to have reception problems, right? I've had a ticket open with Verizon about reception problems, and the problem seems to have gotten worse right after I installed Apex just now. Just a coincidence, right?
What are your reception problems? Does it drop to 1X and then not feel like switching back to 3G until... 10 minutes later or you switch into Airplane mode and then back? Because that has ALWAYS happened to me regardless of ROM. It's so annoying.