• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

Yes I made all the recommended backups including the Stock_OTA backup. I want to redo and do things right. Can you tell me what SBF stands for?

I know I saw a thread on how to SBF with links for the needed files, but now for the life of me I can't find it again, I would appreciate a little help finding it again.
Here are the links for you
.340 system sbf :DROID X 2.3.340 System SBF Released for 2.3.320 Leak Users - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
.320 full sbf :Droid X: 2.3.32 Full SBF

Upvote 0
Im sure this has been covered and not even sure if its an ApeX issue. I use handcent for messaging and yes all messaging applications are frozed and notifications are off. But im receiving double messages as if the person is sending the message twice. any inputs. I dont trust myself enough with terminal and not even sure if this is a fix any help please

Upvote 0
Im sure this has been covered and not even sure if its an ApeX issue. I use handcent for messaging and yes all messaging applications are frozed and notifications are off. But im receiving double messages as if the person is sending the message twice. any inputs. I dont trust myself enough with terminal and not even sure if this is a fix any help please

Read this link.

Upvote 0
I think its a little much to expect an update out every couple weeks. 1.3.1 runs really well. There really isn't alot that could be added to it. Maybe an updated version thats a blurless alternative, but I don't expect that because fab has said he made a conscience effort to make his rom a pretty even mix of speed and functionality.
fully agree:D

Upvote 0
If you have that stock backup there is no need to sbf ....just restore your backup and reinstall apex .....I can't remember what the technical term is for sbf ....but you will not need to sbf as long as you have the backup or you brick your phone
Ok do I just restore the stock_ota, then wipe, then Apex?
OR
Do I wipe, then restore stock_ota, then Apex?

I want to do this correctly this time so I just want to understand how to do it right.

Upvote 0
Just got done creating a custom set of stock icons for use with Apex 1.3.1 and ADW 1.3.6. Can't say enough about how much better this rom is then the stock moto image.

1i02e0.png

Icons attached.

Attachments

• gb-icons.zip
    190.8 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: jreed2560
Upvote 0
Ok do I just restore the stock_ota, then wipe, then Apex?
OR
Do I wipe, then restore stock_ota, then Apex?

I want to do this correctly this time so I just want to understand how to do it right.
restore your backup
and go to install apex the same as before wiping data cache then you should be good to go:D

Upvote 0
Has anyone modified their services.jar file with the Throttling Modification? I'd like to know if people have been successful in using it.

Also, could it be added to the ROM so people don't have to manually install it? While it won't help everyone (because not everyone is in a geographic area that Verizon utilizes throttling), it seems like a good idea to at least give people the choice of adding it if they want. Perhaps another options script could be added.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Has anyone had any problems recovering their contacts? (This is the first time this ROM has been on my phone so I cleared data and cache) I've reinstalled this ROM like 3 times and I seem to get weird little glitches each time. It wouldn't sync with backup assistant last time I tried it so I'm going to try again. Just to be clear I'm doing it right.....restore, then format data, then format cache, then install ROM. Correct?

Sorry I'm a noob. Thanks for the help though.

Upvote 0
restore your backup
and go to install apex the same as before wiping data cache then you should be good to go:D
Ok, I restored my Stock_OTA rom last night and let my battery charge all night. This morning, I wiped data and cache and re-installed Apex according to all the directions at http://wiki.fabdroid.com/index.php?title=Installation

One thing I noticed is that there were still several of the preloaded apps such as DLNA, FM Radio, Madden NFL 11, NFS Shift, etc. Are those still supposed to be there? I was sort of under the impression the Apex got rid of all the bogus apps?

Another issue that I have a question about is that it took maybe an hour to do the reinstall, setup and reinstall my apps from the Market. My battery at that point was down to about 80%. It has now been about 4 hours of intermittent/normal use and I am down to about 40%. I am wondering if I need to do more to get the same battery life as others have mentioned?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones