1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fabolous, Feb 14, 2011.

1. PatHoge

PatHoge Well-Known Member

You can change window animations in ADW EX? I'm using the free version of ADW.

Advertisement

2. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Android Expert

lol I missed that post. thanks. cant believe I didnt think about that :::palm face:::

3. k0smo86

k0smo86 Android Enthusiast

EX has 8 homescreen animations

4. taknactn

taknactn Member

Yes you sure can

5. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

This worked. Thank you.

6. taknactn

taknactn Member

Thanks bouchigo. Now i can reinstall .zip and ditch the sound. lol

practice practice practice

7. Wally World

Wally World Android Expert

Doh! Sorry. Thanks.

Can you change the window transitions?(Not Launcher Pro's home screen transitions)

8. hyperlite

hyperlite Well-Known Member

The stock dialer, as well as lots and lots of other things, do not get along well with LCD density mods.

top gear top tip: you can change global font size with spare parts.

taknactn likes this.
  9. Steven58

Steven58 "The Incompetent Moderator!"

I'm so frustrated. I'm back on 1.4.0, but I've dumped LPP. I'm back on Go Launcher and hope I don't run into this issue of widgets refusing to load, anymore.

10. PatHoge

Wait are they homescreen animations or window animations? I'm gettin two different answers here!

11. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

No problem guys ;)

12. Wally World

I know homescreen animations are controlled by the launcher. I am asking how to change the window animations. They seem to squeeze in and out when opening/closing windows-don't like it.

13. PatHoge

Yeah I get what you're saying, I'm trying to figure out the same thing.

Wally World likes this.
  14. DenverCZBob

DenverCZBob Member

Installed 1.4 over 1.3.1 no problem. But did notice that the boot animation was just the Motorola 'M'. I had been using 'AndroidParticles2' from over at XDA without issue. So I went into Apex toolbox and chose to 'Install' boot animation. It said it was already installed. So I re-booted. Same thing, no animation. Went back to toolbox, chose un-install. Rebooted, went back to toolbox, chose install, rebooted, same thing, no animation. I have even placed a copy of my original AndroidParticles2 back into the data/local folder manually and renamed it bootanimation.zip, no go. Also put a copy of it into system/media where I did notice a 'apex.mp3' file, nada still. :(

thanks,

-bob

15. JiggaGeazY

JiggaGeazY Well-Known Member

I'm on 1.3.1 and have only done this once. How do i go about installing this update. Do i just install right over the top of everything. I don't want to loose all my contacts again and all my overclock profiles and stuff.

16. Wally World

How do I change to the Motorola Messaging Suite?

17. maximus2102

maximus2102 Lurker

My phone keeps rebooting after a while. Is that a common thing for the droid x. Followed the steps to install if coming from the previous version.

18. cultldr

cultldr Android Enthusiast

su
    apextoolbox
    1 Customize Apps
    6 Messaging (sms..)
    2 Blur Messaging Suite

Wally World likes this.
  19. Wally World

Nice. I like the rom, but it seems to lag a bit scrolling through settings, etc.

20. shrink57

shrink57 Android Expert

You should be fine installing over 1.3.1 - but always make a nandroid backup first just in case.

21. taknactn

taknactn Member

No boot animation.
    Installed 1.4 over 1.3.1 no problem. But did notice that the boot animation was just the Motorola 'M'. I had been using 'AndroidParticles2' from over at XDA without issue. So I went into Apex toolbox and chose to 'Install' boot animation. It said it was already installed. So I re-booted. Same thing, no animation. Went back to toolbox, chose un-install. Rebooted, went back to toolbox, chose install, rebooted, same thing, no animation. I have even placed a copy of my original AndroidParticles2 back into the data/local folder manually and renamed it bootanimation.zip, no go. Also put a copy of it into system/media where I did notice a 'apex.mp3' file, nada still.

thanks,

-bob

Install this View attachment ApeX_1.4.0_Boot_Animation.zip to sd and bootstrap recovery, choose .zip. should be good to go.

Credit to VoidedSaint if I'm not mistaken

22. taknactn

taknactn Member

Sorry. messed up adding your original quote.

23. taknactn

taknactn Member

Have you tried ADW EX?

May dumb question since you are more experienced.

24. taknactn

taknactn Member

I had the same problem but I used the toolbox for cronmod and fixed startup script. Then I reset my OC settings using Droid Overclock by JRummy16. I'm set at Low Voltage 1.25 for performance with the screen on and running sooooooooooooooooo smooooooooth.

Wally World likes this.
  25. maximus2102

maximus2102 Lurker

Think im going to uninstall it. My phone keeps rebooting too much.