1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fabolous, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Raptor912

Raptor912 Android Enthusiast

Same issue here...just noticed this about 10 minutes ago.

Advertisement

2. sic0048

sic0048 Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the zip. I never had sound until I applied it. I never had Liberty installed either. In fact, I did a full SBF and factory reset before installing 1.4 on the phone, so I don't know why it wasn't working. But at least it works now!

Thanks again!

bouchigo likes this.
  3. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Android Expert

Decided to try Apex 1.4 and I am having a major problem. I can not install any apps. I can access the market and search the market but when I try to install an app it says the app will be downloaded and then just hangs. If I try to install an .apk it starts do its thing and after a couple of seconds my X crashes and reboots. Since I can't install bootstrap I have no way to restore a backup and upon reboot it won't go into recovery. So before I go ahead an SBF does anyone have any suggestions?

4. Raptor912

Clear your market data cache. That should take care of the issue

Edit: Settings<Applications<Manage Applications<Market<Clear Data

5. Stevessvt

Stevessvt Android Enthusiast

Do you use Yahoo messenger?

6. Raptor912

No, I do not use yahoo messenger.

7. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

I flashed 1.4.1 a few days ago..

Just needed my maps app for the first time- noticed it wasn't there..

Fix??

8. kentl901

kentl901 Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I went into toolbar and downloaded the Nexus and optimus wallpaper. Where can I find those or apply those wallpaper???

Thanks!

9. cultldr

cultldr Android Enthusiast

You can download maps from the market, that way you have the latest version.

10. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Same for navigation also??

11. bhmstuff

bhmstuff Well-Known Member

Navigation will show up with Maps.

12. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Android Enthusiast

I'm probably gonna make the switch from Liberty tonight but before I do, I wanna know if restoring with TiBu will restore my Angry Birds save file :p

13. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Hey guys, my site went down so Toolbox and links are broken at the moment. I'm trying to get this resolved ASAP. Hang on ;)

14. Raptor912

It's all those toolbox users now your a star on Droid Life! :D

15. jaggy333

jaggy333 Newbie

I'm on day 4 of Apex 1.4 and i'm noticing serious lag switching screens, ending calls, etc.
    Any Ideas?

My details are below:
    -overclocked with Jrummy at 1.25GHz.
    -ADWLauncher Ex
    -Installed 1.4 over 1.3.1
    -Running only a couple of widgets(Analog Clock & Biz Calendar)
    -Have about 5 pages of apps
    -using AutoKiller on Aggressive mode

16. Ejay

Ejay Newbie

Apex 1.4 is by far the best rom I have used on my DX without exception. I rooted from stock and jumped onto 1.3.1, my first ever rom. It was good but did have a persistent freeze and re-boot that Fab noted and had a reboot suggestion for. From 1.3.1, I installed Liberty 1.5.

I loved everything about Liberty except that it also had a few bugs and would randomly freeze and reboot. Liberty is a speed demon and where my DX lagged and stuttered when Overclocked beyond 1.25 on Apex 1.3.1, on Liberty I was surprised that I was able to run a very stable 1.35GHz UV with no stuttering. I only had to worry about the temp/heat. I did however hate the dialer and had to install Dialer One to get predictive dialing.

Well here now comes the Apex 1.4 and I have been back since Fab dropped it on us and I have not had a single issue with it.. Which I find actually amazing. With stock motorola rom, my DX rebooted several times a day. With Apex 1.4 running at a very stable 1.25 OC with jrummy OC,my DX has been running non stop for over 3 STRAIGHT DAYS without a freeze, reboot or having to pull the battery! No lags, No Freezes...puuuuuuurfect so far after day 3!

Fabolos, Thank you for this rom. I will once again chip in to the Lager fund. This time, Heineken and Guinness Stout! You are DA MAN!

17. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

Still hanging...... :(

18. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Ok, the site is back up! There's a 99/100 chance the download link directs you to Mediafire though. Sorry :(

But the toolbox is working, which was my primary concern.

19. rjs987

rjs987 Newbie

I thought I had yahoo email working on ASOP messaging system using the same manual setup that was successful on Liberty. However I was receiving an error saying invalid username / password only on incoming messages not outgoing. So I installed moto messaging from the tool box now my email and message icons are gone. I have rebooted and still nothing so I went into the toolbox and changed setting back to ASOP and still nothing. I guess I&#8217;m going to have to SFB and reflash the rom and setup everything again. Not to sure but I may have gotten a little carried away deleting apps I did not want on the phone like Madden, NFS, social networking, backup assistant maybe this had to do with the problems I was facing. Just wondering if anyone else had a problem applying MOTO messaging via the toolbox for yahoo / corporate email.

20. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Android Enthusiast

I still have the Liberty boot logo. Everything else is fine though :)

21. althepal1984

althepal1984 Member

Same here I laugh eveytime I see the cracked bell on startup

22. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

thanks..i tried to edit/delete my ignorant post from my phone..obviously to no avail, haha.

23. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

Is the NexTheme available yet?

24. jacko1

jacko1 Android Enthusiast

25. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Not yet, I'll probably finish it up on Saturday or Sunday.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews