1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fabolous, Feb 14, 2011.

1. cbanning

cbanning Well-Known Member

why does a theme change apps? I'd like to use watermark'd

Advertisement

2. Raptor912

Raptor912 Android Enthusiast

That is why I am waiting for you to do your magic! :D

3. idle0095

idle0095 Newbie

i installed the 1.4.0 rc should i reinstall this one since i installed the RC?

4. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

Yep, /Data/Local right? No animation, just the boot logo.

5. Padron26

Padron26 Well-Known Member

I've been using watermarkd, I had a couple fc's at first. But it had been good for the last 8plus hours

cbanning likes this.
  6. cbanning

any idea what apps were causing the FC's?
    Also, is 1.4 faster than Liberty 1.5 with watermark'd, I wonder

7. Steven58

Steven58 "The Incompetent Moderator!"

d/l'd and installed 1.4 over 1.4 rc2. Interesting tidbit for ya: 1.4 is slightly SMALLER in size than rc2. Huh.. go figure. ;) Carry on.

8. hunterwrot

hunterwrot Well-Known Member

Is data throttling already on it or do I need to do that in the toolbox? My data was slow so I tried the rookie but it failed.

9. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Android Expert

If the apps are in the theme then they may be old versions of those apps. When you update your themed apps in the market you lose the theme for that app. You can remove the apps from the theme before you install it so it only themes your notification bar and icons in the bar, it just depends on what all you want themed. I use to keep the themed apps but now I just theme the framework so I can have updated apps.

cbanning likes this.
  10. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Data throttling is already disabled by default.

taknactn likes this.
  11. cbanning

I'm very new to all this, how does one just theme the framework?

12. idle0095

idle0095 Newbie

How do i use the terminal emulator? Can someone post a step by step to get this to work? Never have done this before.

13. diskovilante

diskovilante Member

I went into apextoolbox to disable the clock and it downloaded the file just fine but when it started to reboot it gave an error and now my screen is just blank and has been so for more than 5 min.

Took out the battery and started up my phone and now the clock is gone! I hope nothing else has gone awry in the process.

14. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

I don't know if I will have time today, it is Valentine's Day after all :D

If your phone is doing what I think it's doing, when it goes black again, just hold the power button until the popup with the reboot, power off, etc. comes up, then just push the back arrow to back out of it and you should be fine (you might have to do this twice).

15. Raptor912

Raptor912 Android Enthusiast

No hurry! Luckily, I have a wife that doesnt believe in Valentines Day! As she says, every day is Valentines Day...:rolleyes:

16. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

As it should be, but for some reason there's always extra emphasis attributed to this day ;)

17. cbanning

My wife sure believes in it :)

18. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

loaded 1.3.1 3 days ago..already loading 1.4.0..

I can see how this flashing Rom stuff is going to be.

19. droidfan1

droidfan1 Android Enthusiast

Fab, you ARE the man dude! Thanks so much! I can't wait to get this up and running, your roms have the best battery!

20. Padron26

I'm not sure what aps were causing the fc's.
    I haven't had any since around 530-600 am this morning, so everything is good.

I originally had Apex, then tried Liberty for a day or 2. Liberty might be alittle faster but its very hard to tell.
    You can see what rom I have now, I've tried them all and apex is just more my style.

21. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

quick question...

people are saying that you can 'load this right over 1.3.1'..

i have 1.3.1 loaded...from what I've read - I dont have to wipa data and/or the cache? is there anything I have to do with my apps? or just 'install 1.4.0 from .zip' and that's it?

(i've made a nandroid and Ti backup of where I'm at just in case)

thanks!

22. Steven58

Steven58 "The Incompetent Moderator!"

At first I didn't. Then I got a system force close. So, I figured, what the heck and flashed 1.4 over rc2. Seems stable so far.

23. Padron26

I didn't know that data throttling was installed by default, my question is after I installed Apex 1.4 I went into terminal and did the throttle install.
    ? So by doing this did I turn throttle off?

24. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

Great! Glad I saw this right before dinner on valentines day, looks like im going to have to be sneaky and flash over at dinner. I'd rather have Apex over Filet any day :)

25. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

In additon to my last queston a few posts up- I forgot to ask:

If I flash directly over apex 1.3.1, I wont have to reign into google or restore apps or anything like that - will I?