1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fabolous, Feb 14, 2011.

1. alprazolam

alprazolam Android Expert

It appears that I was just having temporary network issues. Whew! I have had a flawless experience with Apex. I even got my horizontal dialer back while it is was on my car dock today. The lack of was frustrating on Liberty. :)

Advertisement

2. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Android Expert

Do yourself a favor and Google March 14th. Lol its a great day

3. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Android Expert

I unzip the theme I'm going to use, then remove the apps. After that you zip the file and install (I leave all the framework alone and anything else that you are unsure of)

4. SaurusX

SaurusX Well-Known Member

Fab, love the rom and thanks for all your work. Another request: please find a way to ditch the plus/ minus zoom buttons in the browser ala Cyanogenmod and previous versions or Apex. The novelty of those buttons wore off super fast and theyre really a nuisance. Thanks again.

5. dellbx

dellbx Member

Loving the Gingerbread themed dialer. Thanks Fab!

Is there a way to change the unknown caller display graphics from the generic blur guy to the green Android guy like on HTC sense phones?

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

Any suggestions if im Liberty 1.5 and I do not have a back up to my old apex or 2.3.340. SBF?

7. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

Just make a backup of your current Liberty setup, then make a backup with Titanium Backup.

Load ApeX 1.4.0, then restore only apps and app data. You can also restore limited System data like browser bookmarks, bluetooth pairing settings, and some email and messages.

8. diskovilante

diskovilante Member

About 90% of the time when I open an image from the File app or the File Manager app I get a weird batch of pixels at the top of my screen. Looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Does this happen to anyone else? The images I'm opening are about 1.5MB or bigger.

9. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Hey, I replied to your PM before seeing this post here. Can you post the solution I sent you in this thread? It's not in my outbox :(

------------------------------

Also, I have uploaded an update to the Toolbox. It adds a new feature, and some error checking for services.jar tweaks (so you don't hose your phone!)

to update:

su
    updatetb

changelog:

Apex Toolbox Changelog | FabDroid

10. novemberwhiskey

novemberwhiskey Android Enthusiast

I'm not sure yet, but it seems like my battery life is worse now on 1.4.

Anyone else notice anything b/t 1.3.1 and 1.4?

I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days. I'm coming from a clean install.

11. Padron26

Padron26 Well-Known Member

I did the clock remove in terminal this morning, and for some reason my clock just reappeared

I also notice that my battery life sucks, wait... Nevermind its just me I can't set my phone down

12. diskovilante

diskovilante Member

Here's the fix for the glitch I reported above:

Thanks Fab!

taknactn likes this.
  13. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

Awesome, thank you sir!

14. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Android Expert

between Apex and Liberty I can't seem to figure out which i like more! And its funny to think that a few months ago people were saying that the X is locked down and will never be a full fledged rooted phone with custom roms. And here we are, rocking fast roms will options i've not seen with any other phone.

I'm still running some side by side tests with Liberty and Apex (since I have 2 Xs for a short time) to see which suits my needs more and I really can't find a weakness in either. Tool boxes on both are pretty sweet. I think direct links to either ROMs should be included in all D2 and DX purchases.

i think I speak for everyone in saying thank you Fab, keep up the good work and let us know if you plan on switching phones. Most of us will probably follow you lol

15. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Android Enthusiast

I haven't installed this quite yet, I think I'm going to wait a little to see how the battery life thing pans out, but I just wanted to say THANKS so much for all you're work Fab you rock.

16. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Fab,

I like how you gave the option to remove either data throttle or clock, or both data throttle and clock; I made some zip files that did the same for Liberty and people really seemed to like those options......though the data throttle removal alone seems to get the most hits, about 900 downloads now, the others have a few hundred downloads.

Anyway, that's a nice option to have.

17. taknactn

taknactn Member

Worked for me! Was having trouble with getting Icon packs from droidpirate to show up in gallery as well. This fix works good. THANK YOU!

18. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Android Enthusiast

I'm backing up my apps right now, and then I'm going to create a back up of my current Liberty 1.5 ROM and install this bad boy, but if what I hear is true, this ROM will definitely be here to stay!

:D

19. diskovilante

diskovilante Member

What is this data throttling I keep hearing about? I saw the option but I have no idea what it does.

20. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

more or less if you are a heavy data user even though you have an unlimited plan if you use a lot of data (5gb a month they say) verizon will throttle your data usage down and the data throttle hack more or less prevents them from recognizing that you are using too much data so they cant throttle your usage

harleyman285 and diskovilante like this.
  21. ad720

ad720 Android Enthusiast

Hey can anybody post the ApeX 1.4 wallpaper? I changed it and now I'd like it back but can't find it. :eek:

22. shrink57

shrink57 Android Expert

Love the new updated toolbox and how it installs directly from the terminal ;) The daily cache cleaning is a nice plus.

23. kramerica

kramerica Android Enthusiast

+1

I am having the same issue and was going to let it run for another day. I also did a clean install from 1.3.1. It's dropping twice as fast. Trying to pin point but I wasn't sure if it was just me. Or it just me and you.

24. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

i ran a clean install of 1.3.1 for a few days and now i'm running 1.4.0 on a clean install as of late last night..i'll post back in a day or two regarding battery..

25. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

For those of you having battery drain issues a wiping of batt stats may be in order...only do this once battery is charged to 100% !.....preferably in the morning after your x has been charging all night
    Boot into clockwork recovery
    scroll to advanced
    Wipe batt stats
    Reboot
    ....this has helped me in the past so give it a shot

kramerica, taknactn and althepal1984 like this.