• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] ASeventy - A Modded Stock ROM for the Micromax A70

Hi Playfulgod...Thanks For ur Share.what's the status now for A70 Ported to CyanogenMod?Can we get custom kernel ?version?Pls reply ..im waiting for cyanogenMOD.:(

Her playfulgod I am also waiting for custom kernel. Till when we can expect the same?
A custom kernel wont come about til there is kernel src for the A70 available.

Upvote 0
how and which drivers did u use??
I created a vendor tree in the src. What exact ones are needed/not needed is still to be determined.

I've got the Ascend II port moving along nicely now, so hopefully I can spend some time on the A70 in the upcoming week or next.

the dirs files are needed from tho are system/lib, bin, etc, and wifi. not all will be needed as they get built with android. Just the proprietary (specific hardware files) files that dont get built with android are needed.

Looking at another devices extract-files.sh is helpful but not exact as each device has different files they will need. Android isnt like installing windows or linux that have huge fat kernels with every imaginable driver compiled into them already ;)

I have a good base started and it will come together when I get time to sit and work with it. ;)

Upvote 0
Wow great discovery!! if ADB works the development will be faster!! In the mean while I have been negotiating with Micromax for the kernel source code!! M****s are denying !!!
I am really busy wid my company projects and hence i ve nt been able to devote much time here or my blog!! Hopefully vl find some time next week or after Pujas in bengal :) Till then cheers my friends!

Upvote 0
Wow great discovery!! if ADB works the development will be faster!! In the mean while I have been negotiating with Micromax for the kernel source code!! M****s are denying !!!
I am really busy wid my company projects and hence i ve nt been able to devote much time here or my blog!! Hopefully vl find some time next week or after Pujas in bengal :) Till then cheers my friends!
Send them a copy of the GPL! ;)

Upvote 0
Cant we port existing kernel to A70? My Idea is to use Optimus One kernel source and build it using config file in A70 Kernel.(yes, I have extracted config file from A70 Kernel). I need to have Ubuntu VM first. Will try these possibilities.
Yea thats a possibility, but prolly will require some extra coding. The kernels I have messed with thus far have had alot of manufacturer specific coding added to the kernel src.

Upvote 0
Cant we port existing kernel to A70? My Idea is to use Optimus One kernel source and build it using config file in A70 Kernel.(yes, I have extracted config file from A70 Kernel). I need to have Ubuntu VM first. Will try these possibilities.

This could be difficult not impossible !! The problem is all manufacturers have put in some lines of there own into the Kernel... which our device might goof-up while reading :p

These MicroSucks wont let us have the source... I will speak to their senior person on MOnday lets hope it works :)

@ this situation Guys like PlayfulGod who have deep knowledge can help .....

Upvote 0
Hi Sharang,

this is all about developing the software, ROM on which the device is working. These guys are trying to access it on system through ADB to work on it and to customize it with some new things or to make it better.

i am really thankful to all these guys. I was totally blank about ANDROID, though i am an IT engineer.
PlayfulGod, insane_subro, theperfectpunk, aptsanju, rahules, ash1425, akshaybz all these people are helping other newbies like you and me about all the queries, problem.

I would like to say special thanks to insane_subro & theperfectpunk as they have helped me a lot since the day i got my Micromax A70.

what is this actually? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Hi Sharang,

this is all about developing the software, ROM on which the device is working. These guys are trying to access it on system through ADB to work on it and to customize it with some new things or to make it better.

i am really thankful to all these guys. I was totally blank about ANDROID, though i am an IT engineer.
PlayfulGod, insane_subro, theperfectpunk, aptsanju, rahules, ash1425, akshaybz all these people are helping other newbies like you and me about all the queries, problem.

I would like to say special thanks to insane_subro & theperfectpunk as they have helped me a lot since the day i got my Micromax A70.
Actually I work with source code with CM7 lol.

Upvote 0
Hey, on saturday my exams will be over and I would like to step in to port MIUI (nice looks :p ) or CM7 to Micromax A70...

Playful, can you please PM me all the preliminary requirements and a brief procedure? (So that u don't have to do everything urself :p )

miui is a closed source project by chinese devs. we provide the source code of the device drivers we developed to miui devs and they incorporate our device for next release of miui.

Miui doesn't support arm6 only arm7 is supported.:mad:

so cyanogen seems to be the option to go.

Upvote 0
ADB is detecting the micromax a70... if you give commands to pull out kernel i can help you downloading it...
I've successfully extracted system folder completely from the ROM...

Pls reply me to pull out your required files...

Thanks,
Sanjeev. A

I have 91 PC suite installed... Tried running adb devices and this is what I got... :(

C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
adb server is out of date. killing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones