1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root ROM Axura 2.2.6.0 (by Master -Devs4Android-)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by STiGLOGiC, Jan 12, 2011.

1. STiGLOGiC

STiGLOGiC Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 24, 2010

Advertisement

jree likes this.
  2. dattack

dattack Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    And I was getting so comfortable with NeroV4. lol

3. subaru2008

subaru2008 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2011
    I have been running axura for a week now. Works great, although I lost pc sync with my VUZE player to rip movies and sync with my facebook to contacts as far as pictures. I also lost a2dp bluetooth transfer. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Other than that, its an awesome rom!!

4. STiGLOGiC

None

Oct 24, 2010
    I never had any issues like that with any of Master's ROMs. I had a lot of issues with Nero v1, but that is long in the past. (oh and props on the subie. I have one too)

5. subaru2008

subaru2008 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2011
    HMMM...dang, IM not sure what's up with mine then. It's nothing that I would want to switch back to because its scary fast on all the screen and net. The thing that sucks is I lost sync to my vuze player so now I cant covert videos. What do you use? Btw, what kind of subaru? 08 legacy gt limited;) sickkkk

6. STiGLOGiC

None

Oct 24, 2010
    Honestly anymore I use divx to convert before I upload. I usually just stream video anyway, so the majority of my SD card is ROMs and kernels because I change so often. my subie is a 98' RSti coupe, and I love it.

7. JOFTAA

JOFTAA Newbie
    None

Nov 19, 2010
    I hate to make my first question on this site a dumb one, but here goes.

Using the link at the top of this thread, I go to another site where I should be able to download the ROM. The download link is not working. I cannot connect to the site devsforandroid.com/ip.board/index.php?/files/file/3-axura/ to get this ROM. Is there another source for the ROM.

Thank you for your patience.

Edit: Got it using the mirror at http://www.mediafire.com/?0nr5wy6r058fnc5

jree likes this.
  8. DVNO

DVNO Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Chicago
    I think its about time I give Axura a shot, been running Nero for a while now. Nero v4 is just so solid, but I have heard alot of great things about masters rom as well. Here we go.....

9. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Ive never tried Nero. Been hearing the battery dont last as long on Nero and some from Nero just saying Axura is better. I dont mind flashing but i hate updating all my apps and stuff afterwards so i try not to flash too often. Like now, i have 2.2.5.6 but these last few updates havent been much of an update so i havent tried them. Waiting for something bigger.

IMO he uses too much gray in his ROM. Like now the whole dialer is gray, wifi, phone signal is dark gray. Still a great ROM. Can just use a bit of color but its not a big deal.

So what do you think of Axura?

10. Twitch110

Twitch110 Newbie
    None

Sep 12, 2010
    I'm with you. Way too much gray. I'm a huge fan of the color, but it's a little too much for me to vibe. Great rom though. I think i just dig the overall experience with nero. But it's hard, cause they both have their perks. Master does great work though.

11. STiGLOGiC

None

Oct 24, 2010
    I'm sure it won't be long until a new KA5 build is out from all of the top developers. I for one still think that Axura 2.2.0.0 was my favorite ROM to date as far as functionality, but the newer stuff is just plain faster, and I need that. Let's hope that when a KA5 Axura drops that it has everything you could want.

12. VegasTouch

None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Im not seenig real good feedback from the KA5 modem

13. STiGLOGiC

None

Oct 24, 2010
    I've seen that too, but it has worked phenomenally for me. I did have to flash it twice, though.

14. jree

jree Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    keepin up with the jones'
    at your house when your not there
    I'm loving the ka5 modem. I haven't had the bad experience that others have had but I do love the speed that I'm getting from it. I'm contemplating whether or not to flash this rom. Any weird mms issues or anything? And the GPS wasn't as accurate as Nero.

Nero is giving me a couple problems here and there

15. VegasTouch

None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Have any of you guys just flashed this new one right over an older version of Axura or do you go back to stock? I have flashed 2.2.5.6 over itself when i had a MMS problem and it went fine.

Just curious.

16. whopper810

whopper810 Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Hey guys, first time flashing here. I am unrooted and running stock JI6. I downloaded the update.zip file and the rom zip into my phone sdcard. I rebooted in recovery and reinstalled packages. I saw that I got into CWM. Now the instructions say to select install from zip card and then choose the rom.

Now, does this wipe before installing? I would like to make a backup first before I install the rom just in case something happens. I also applied the update.zip when I was in CWM. I downloaded Titanium Backup, but it says it couldn't find root access. Or should I just follow the instructions and just install the axura zip file? I'm just afraid to lose my apps or worse, have something happen, with no type of backup.

Thanks in advance for the help.

17. STiGLOGiC

None

Oct 24, 2010
    Always always always always always always always make a nandroid backup. Don't question, just do.

18. dattack

dattack Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    you might want to go to the market also and download titanium backup to save your data and applications.

19. mac1133

mac1133 Lurker
    None

Sep 5, 2010
    Does it matter if I flash between merit and axura without turning of voodoo? Is is the same version of voodoo being run on these roms so it wont matter? I flashed axura 2.2.6 over nero 4.1 and everything seems spot on other than the battery life falling very quick. - might be bc of launcher pro though. If I flash nero b4 over this axura would it make any difference ifi disable voodoo beforehand? Ultimetly., voodoo just changes the filwe sructure so it shouldn't makes difference I assume but I have no idea, so someone please let me know. Thanks

20. jree

jree Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    keepin up with the jones'
    at your house when your not there
    Its always safe to turn off voodoo before flashing from different devs unless stated otherwise. There is just less of a chance from something going wrong.

I may have spoken too soon about ka5. I have decided to flash axura b/c after a couple of days with nero 4.1 and now v5 I have noticed that glitches were finding there way into my phone rather than out. I'm gonna test drive axura for bit and after all is said and done I may end flashing nero v3 again.

21. STiGLOGiC

None

Oct 24, 2010
    I have been running Axura 2.2.6 for a few days now(which for me is a long time to go without flashing) It's very smooth. Very stable. Much better than Nero IMO. I may stick with this until the 2.3 ROMs start coming out.

22. VegasTouch

None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Been running it since Saturday and as always, very stable. MMS even works on this one for me without pushing another .apk to it for a fix. I'm also using a custom theme on it as well. The black and blues theme. I'm going to stick with this for a while. He is already done with a KA5 ROM and been hearing the KA5 is slow so im not real interested much in trying it. Though i suppose i could go back to JL5 Modem on the ROM....lol

23. Twitch110

Twitch110 Newbie
    None

Sep 12, 2010
    Are you talking about the "stock blue" theme? That's the one that i'm about to flash, but i'm a little worried that there might be too much blue, like i think stock has too much gray. I don't notice much blue AND black. So are you using a different theme? If you are, would you mind giving me the link? Thanks in advance.

24. VegasTouch

None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Nope, im talking about the Theme called black n blues.

http://devsforandroid.com/ip.board/index.php?/topic/26-theme-axura-226-black-n-blues/

25. STiGLOGiC

None

Oct 24, 2010
    If he is done with his KA5 ROM he hasn't posted it in the Donor section yet. Another guy I know here locally swears by KA5, but I think that where you are located makes a difference. When I went back home to Seattle on vacation this past summer, JI2 worked great on my phone out there, but was complete crap here.