• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA 3.1]Warped Kitty[AROMA][EXT4 Tweaks][UNISEX] Updated 08/05/13

TehJibba

Android Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2013
On A Boat
Warped Kitty Rom

Disclaimer: As always I will not be held responsible for anything that goes wrong with your phone due to flashing this rom! Use at your own risk!

I made this initially for my fiance. I wanted her to have a custom rom of her all time favorite (and most girls favorite) character Hello Kitty. This has morphed into a rom for EVERYONE. Now both guys and girls can have a lil Warped Kitty of their own

You are now in control of how your phone looks, feels, and operates! Pick and choose your way to a rom made just the way YOU want! All from a simple to use GUI installer

Features:
VERY Stripped down stock B11 base (check removed apps list)
Rooted
Zipaligned
Deodexed (Credits:SuperR)
Hello Kitty Boot animation (girls version only)
Hello Kitty Default WP (girls version only)
Cheshire Cat Default WP (guys version only)
Blue Gears Boot Animation (guys version only)
Aroma GUI Installer
EXT4 Tweaks
Completely Customizable
Pick and choose what apps are installed

Install Options: (updated 08/05/13)
Choose between Guys and Girls System theme
Choose Between Default or Third-Party Launchers
Choose To Enable Or Disable Camera Sounds
Choose To Install Xposed Framework And Its Modules
Choose Between Default or Third-Party Video Players
Choose Between Default or Third-Party File Browsers
Choose Which Addons You Would Like
Choose To Readd Optional Google Apps
Choose To Readd Optional System Apps
Choose To Readd Optional Live Wallpapers

Available Addons: (updated 08/05/13)
Root Browser (freeware)
ES File Explorer
Xposed Installer (launch app click Install/Update)
Xposed App Settings - Module for Xposed Framework
Xposed Tweakbox ModuleMX Player(free) & Codec - simply the best video player on the market
Holo Locker - Free JB lockscreen replacement
Holo Launcher HD
Zeam Launcher
Lightning Launcher

REMOVED: (updated 08/05/13) (click to view)
/system/etc/Bootsound_virgin.ogg
/system/media/video/AndroidInSpace.240p.mp4
/system/media/video/Sunset.240p.mp4
/system/media/bootanimation_boost.zip
/system/app/BoostZone.apk
/system/app/CABLService.apk
/system/app/ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
/system/app/DSS.apk
/system/app/EasySmart.apk
/system/app/Exchange2.apk
/system/app/GenieWidget.apk
/system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk
/system/app/GooglePartnerSetup.apk
/system/app/MediaUploader.apk
/system/app/OneTimeInitializer.apk
/system/app/PartnerBookmarksProvider.apk
/system/app/PrefAct.apk
/system/app/Protips.apk
/system/app/SharedStorageBackup.apk
/system/app/SpanishPack.apk
/system/app/SprintID.apk
/system/app/SprintInstaller.apk
/system/app/SprintPermissions.apk
/system/app/talkback.apk
/system/app/TouchPal.apk
/system/app/vtt-boost.apk
/system/app/WiFiShare.apk
/system/app/xtra_t_app.apk

Changelog: (updated 08/05/13) (click to view)
08/05/13
-Updated aroma installer to 2.7
-Added EXT4 tuning on install for /system , /data , /cache
-Redid the entire installer process. Should be easier to follow now
-Cleaned up the folder structure inside the zip file
-Cleaned up the entire updater and aroma code
-Added ability to enable or disable camera sounds
-Added Zeam Launcher to the launcher choices
-Added Lightning Launcher to the launcher choices
-Added Timer app to optional system app choices
-Added Voice Dialer app to optional system app choices
-Added World Time app to optional system app choices
-Added Google Books to optional google app choices
-Added Google Magazines to optional google app choices
-Added Google Music to optional google app choices
-Added Google Videos to optional google app choices
-Added Google Search to optional google app choices
-Added Google PlusOne to optional google app choices
-Added Tag Google to optional google app choices
-Removed android weather. New version isnt supported

07/29/13
-Reworked with SuperR's newest B11 stock rom
-Added Aroma installer
-Added ability to pick between a guys and a girls theme
-Added ability to choose what launcher gets installed
-Added ability to choose what video player gets installed
-Added ability to choose which file browser gets installed
-Added ability to pick which addon apps are installed
-Added ability to pick which system apps get readded
-Added blue gears boot animation
-Added cheshire cat wallpaper
-Added Xposed Tweakbox module to addons
-Added power toggles to addon options
-Added Online Nandroid Backup to addon options
-Added ES File Explorer to file browser options
-Added Atom launcher to launcher options
-Added Holo Launcher HD to launcher options
-Removed terminal (for now)
-Removed Face unlock mod (for now)

07/24/13
-Added Xposed App Settings Module
-Added Holo locker JB lock screen replacement

07/22/13
-Added Face Unlock mod
-Added Xposed Installer
-Added Android Weather App
-Added Terminal Emulator
-Added MX Player & Codec
-Removed /system/app/NoiseField.apk (bubbles live wallpaper)
-Removed /system/app/VideoPlayer.apk (replaced by MX player)
-Edited the default launcher layout & widgets
-Added some ui_print lines to the updater_script
-Updated System apps to latest on market and integrated

07/17/13
-Initial Release

If you are not currently running a B11 ROM, please download System_Prep_JB_warp2.zip and flash it after your backup but BEFORE flashing the ROM (Credits: SuperR)

Install Steps: (updated 08/05/13)
1. Download Warped Kitty Beta 3.1
2. Put it on your sdcard if its not already
3. Reboot to CWM Recovery
4. MAKE A BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!
6. Install ROM from sdcard
7. Reboot

*note: Size of the zip file does not equal the final rom size. Its to accomodate all of the options

Flashable Theme Zips:
Guy Theme
Girls theme

What Works:
Everything...

Whats Broke:
Let me know

To Do List: (updated 07/29/13)
Complete Guys and Girls system theme
Add more options
Add some tweaks
New Kernel?
Take Requests :p

Archived:
Warped Kitty Beta 3 - released 07/29/13
Warped Kitty Beta 2b - released 07/24/13
Warped Kitty Beta 2 - released 07/22/13
Warped Kitty Beta 1 - released 07/17/13

Credits:
First and foremost my future wife for letting me take over her phone to make this rom and her support in my geeky pursuits lol.
SuperR - For his tireless work on making the B11 flashable zip which this is based on
Junkie2100 - For his rooting/recovery tool
chevanlol360 - For his JB root zip as well as the face unlock mod
shinru2004 - For his original list of removable apps as a baseline for where to start
XDA member NXT - For the blue gears bootanimation
Amarulz - For his amazing work on the aroma installer which this is Based on
Team Synergy - For their ext4 tweaks
Everyone else for trying it out!!

has there been any issues with this rom yet? I'm trying to find a b11 rom that has at least guaranteed service so i don't have to worry about losing it and people not being able to contact me.

I have not tested this rom personally but he used the b11 base that works. All the previous issues have been resolved.

Upvote 0
I have not tested this rom personally but he used the b11 base that works. All the previous issues have been resolved.

good to know, I will keep an eye on the Deodexed rom you posted, hope things smooth out with it soon xD

Edit: Just realized that this one is Deodexed too, either way, i'll still keep an eye on the one you posted, best of luck :)

Upvote 0
good to know, I will keep an eye on the Deodexed rom you posted, hope things smooth out with it soon xD

Edit: Just realized that this one is Deodexed too, either way, i'll still keep an eye on the one you posted, best of luck :)

it's already smooth my friend. ready to flash and enjoy ;)

edit: this rom is based off my deodexed rom lol

Upvote 0
Its been running on my phone for 48 hours and i haven't noticed any issues. Haven't seen any force closes and all seems to work so far. Yes it has service too. Feel free to try it and report any issues you have with it. currently building Beta 2 which will include xposed framework already installed, face unlock and some system app updates

Upvote 0
love the fact that there are so many developers working on this phone im impressed! \

p.s. what ever happened to screen shots! idk call me old school but when i had the og droid one and the galaxy prevail the devs who released roms always posted screen shots i know its not the appearence that matters but its always nice to see what im about to install on my phone! funtionality and appearance always sold me when it came to roms!

Upvote 0
love the fact that there are so many developers working on this phone im impressed! \

p.s. what ever happened to screen shots! idk call me old school but when i had the og droid one and the galaxy prevail the devs who released roms always posted screen shots i know its not the appearence that matters but its always nice to see what im about to install on my phone! funtionality and appearance always sold me when it came to roms!

Touch

Upvote 0

If when you say "sold me" you literally mean you pay for roms, then expect a screenshot up in 5 minutes ;)

Upvote 0
Problem, After I flashed the System Prep and the rom, my power button stopped working. earlier this morning, it would boot up the phone, and i could put the phone to sleep, but when i tried to turn it back on, it wouldn't. Not it's not even powering on. whether i plug it in usb or just try turning it on while on battery. nothing is working. Luckily I have a backup phone that i can transfer my service to, but i would really like my warp sequent back lol. any ideas?

Upvote 0
Problem, After I flashed the System Prep and the rom, my power button stopped working. earlier this morning, it would boot up the phone, and i could put the phone to sleep, but when i tried to turn it back on, it wouldn't. Not it's not even powering on. whether i plug it in usb or just try turning it on while on battery. nothing is working. Luckily I have a backup phone that i can transfer my service to, but i would really like my warp sequent back lol. any ideas?
If it won't power on it's not the rom or the system prep. The rom doesn't kick in until later and the system prep only clears system, data, cache and adds the correct info for jb. Sounds like you may have something wrong with your hardware as nobody else is having this problem. I am sure you have tried pulling the battery, right?

Reactions: TehJibba
Upvote 0
First of i thought u flashed the rom already and said it was working ok? If you already flashed this rom ( or any other OTA based B11 rom) you DO NOT need the system prep zip. That was only for people that havent upgraded to Either the JB OTA or one of th JB OTA based roms on here. Second as SuperR said have you tried pulling the battery for a few mins then trying to power on?

Upvote 0
First of i thought u flashed the rom already and said it was working ok? If you already flashed this rom ( or any other OTA based B11 rom) you DO NOT need the system prep zip. That was only for people that havent upgraded to Either the JB OTA or one of th JB OTA based roms on here. Second as SuperR said have you tried pulling the battery for a few mins then trying to power on?

I had done the system prep before flashing this rom...lol.

and as for my phone, i'm just going to send it into ZTE and see if they can send me a new one because another guy on a different thread had this same issue and zte just sent him a new one. here's to hoping.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones