1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [ROM][BETA][4.2.2] AOKP Jelly Bean for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 5/2/2014

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phenomx4, Feb 2, 2014.

1. LowEndGeek

LowEndGeek Android Expert

the 3.0 is the chocolate kernel phenom is currently working on so that's the one you want to help with correct? You can grab the source by opening the terminal, cd into a directory you want the source and:

That will pull down the source

Advertisement

2. NetSpeedZ

NetSpeedZ Android Enthusiast

3. LowEndGeek

no idea and ....no idea, not for the elite anyhow

4. xry75

xry75 Well-Known Member

I tried an app that did under volt and it said the kernel didn't support undrvolting. It could just be though.

5. ajws7036

ajws7036 Member

Loving this rom, cant wait for bluetooth fix.

6. ajws7036

ajws7036 Member

When i try to use Blueputdroid, it says that the bluetooth stack isunsupported.. Does this help with bluetooth fix?

7. phenomx4

phenomx4 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer Thread Starter

The bluetooth stack was changes from bluez to bluedroid in 4.2 and up. I'm currently trying to forwardport bluez into 4.2 as I type this. Hopefully it compiles without errors. Also some memory tweaks.

8. saidiadude

saidiadude Well-Known Member

Wow, the phone was a bit sluggish over the last few days but today it was very sluggish (many seconds to respond to a command or key press). Anyone else see this happening? A reboot doesn't seem to help. I shut off the phone every night and there are very few Apps installed.

9. JumpinJupiter

JumpinJupiter Android Enthusiast

Really ignoring bug it seems for some reason the screen turns on by itself. I think at has to do with the proximity sensor or maybe maybe some motion detection because it does it over and over again when i am playing basketball or moving around alot. it causes alot of battery life. Also somthing called Mediaserver uses lots of battery,too. Any way to fix both problems?

10. saidiadude

saidiadude Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but if it's motion related, try turning OFF the NFC.

11. JumpinJupiter

JumpinJupiter Android Enthusiast

Actually i found out that the volume keys pressing them turns on the phone. How in the world would i turn this off.

12. Sharkhunter45

Sharkhunter45 Well-Known Member

I forget the exact location of it, i believe it'd be under ROM settings, the aokp one, but again, not too sure. Inside the lock screen tab There should be a volume wake switch. See if that's on, and turn it to off

13. pentabiker

pentabiker Newbie

My screen turns itself on randomly while in my pocket too. Then because of the media player widget, it pauses my music. Sometimes it tries to dial numbers with the emergency dialer. Is there some way to make it so only a long-press of the power button unlocks the phone? Also, recently my dsp manager has stopped working with my internet radio app (slacker radio) but still works fine with apollo. But this still has to be my favorite ROM! Thanks Again Phenom! Love your work!

14. NetSpeedZ

How can APN's be viewed/edited/added on AOKP 4.2.2?

At one time, these were accessible by going to Settings --> More (Under Wireless Networks) --> Mobile Networks --> APN.

No longer see that option.

------------

15. Kasenomateru

Kasenomateru Android Enthusiast

Is it possible to move apps to sd card on this ROM?

16. joeybrown

joeybrown Lurker

Love it working great but can you make it so I can have settings about the led and turn it completely off

17. PMUSER

PMUSER Newbie

Hey loving the rom, just one issue for me, MMS.

I am on virgin mobile and I have put the APNs in that I used with the stock, are their updated APNs to use or am I missing something?

18. Dark One

Dark One Android Expert

A reboot always makes my mms problems go away.

19. phenomx4

phenomx4 Android Expert

If any more bugs happen get a log. It's hard to fix things I don't experience myself.

joeybrown and LowEndGeek like this.
  20. NetSpeedZ

How is a log going to help on the issue of a menu not being viewable, i.e., APN's being viewed/edited/added on AOKP 4.2.2? Or is this request for another post?

------------

21. phenomx4

phenomx4 Android Expert

I'm pretty sure that's a cm only thing.

22. joeybrown

joeybrown Lurker

How do I get a log?

23. joeybrown

joeybrown Lurker

Bluethooth says the Bluetooth hotspot is on and shows up on iPod but doesn't give it any connection

24. pentabiker

pentabiker Newbie

25. LowEndGeek

I just got the OK to bring an old ROM back from the dead. See you soon