• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.4.2] SlimKat for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 4/7/2014

Alright so I've had a great time running Kitkat on this phone but due to the lag issues and lockups I've been getting ever since I flashed it, I'm switching back to AOKP 4.2.2 until there's a new update or if AOKP 4.4.2 comes up.

Great job on the rom nonetheless.

I've been getting a lot of lag as well. I've been deleting certain apps to see what it is. Unless its just this ROM,hopefully phenomenon can really stabilize this or have another great ROM. Can't wait for what's next.

Upvote 0
If you are willing to show me where the sources are I can compile, I have 450 gb free on my hdd. Android build tools, git, etc all ready to go. Already built a couple roms for the s3 so just need to know where all the sources are, build script etc.

Seconded! I've got a 3TB drive ready for source code. You have people willing to help out with the development, post the complete source somewhere so we can do some collaborative development instead of relying solely on you. We want to help, let us help! Take a look at the CM9 guide I posted as an example. Posting something similar will let us get going quickly. It'll also help your hard disk space issue, you can upload your code, wipe it from your disk, and switch back to it if/when you need to.

Also, FYI, by not posting the complete source along with your binaries you're technically violating the GPL.

Upvote 0
Seconded! I've got a 3TB drive ready for source code. You have people willing to help out with the development, post the complete source somewhere so we can do some collaborative development instead of relying solely on you. We want to help, let us help! Take a look at the CM9 guide I posted as an example. Posting something similar will let us get going quickly. It'll also help your hard disk space issue, you can upload your code, wipe it from your disk, and switch back to it if/when you need to.

Also, FYI, by not posting the complete source along with your binaries you're technically violating the GPL.
Patience . . . Phenom is working on it. I know - I sent him a drive so he could have enough capacity to get it done quicker.

------------

Upvote 0

Hmm, that's funny because you said the same thing with cm9 so I put up the device tree and kernel source but I've haven't seen anything (built by source) else released other than by me. Anyway I'll be uploading the tree soon later today.

Upvote 0

Smart ass -_-

Upvote 0

Oh god its the android police! Lol, a ROM is a rom, big deal. Let him do what he wants. Accuse him of things like this and we will no longer have such an amazing developer like him, it doesn't look like you have helped very much at all really, but thanks for trying. :)

Upvote 0
every once in a while my phone starts to get laggy, then i get a message that systemUI has stoped working. Spam Detection For Paste ID: hGb2vqwG after it closes systemUI and reloads it, the lag is gone untill it happens again. still seems sorta random to me, i have not noticed a pattern of what triggers it yet.
Try the update I just posted,

Upvote 0
Sorry if I am being annoying about the undervolt but are you sure its in the kernel? Were you able to test it and see if undervolting works in kk. Didnt work for me in 4.2 either worked in 4.1 it did. instavolt says it cannot the vdd file. So I go to advanced set custom sysfs path and for the path I say /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels is what I set what am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0
Sorry if I am being annoying about the undervolt but are you sure its in the kernel? Were you able to test it and see if undervolting works in kk. Didnt work for me in 4.2 either worked in 4.1 it did. instavolt says it cannot the vdd file. So I go to advanced set custom sysfs path and for the path I say /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels is what I set what am I doing wrong?

Checking it out

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones