1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [ROM][BETA][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 6/27/2014

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phenomx4, May 4, 2014.

1. armymartinez

armymartinez Well-Known Member

Oh - one more thing - the default launcher loses track of apps mounted on the sd card.

Advertisement

2. kgjohns

kgjohns Member

Camera doesn't seem to be working... Will snap a picture, and just hang up on a still image, picture doesn't save.

3. YoFrankyG

YoFrankyG Lurker

sounds like a good way to spend my morning.
    espresso and cm11

4. armymartinez

Try updating where the camera saves pics to in settings - by default it's internal memory - should be sd card.

5. NetSpeedZ

NetSpeedZ Android Enthusiast

I tried this on AOKP Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Didn't work. The only thing that would get the camera to work was to perform a complete Wipe.

------------

6. pentabiker

pentabiker Newbie

Phenomx4, i have a issue i need your advice with. While using your pacrom 4.2.2 version1 my volume buttons work exactly as i would expect them. However, when i am using any other rom, the volume button increments seem random. For example, if i press volume up, it will go up 1 level, and if i hit it again it will go up 3 levels, and if i hit it again it will go up 2 levels. It is the same for the volume down button. For some reason the first pacrom you released does not do it (have not tried the update yet), so i am wondering if you used a different kernel or something? I would also like advice on how i can correct this, as the main use of my phone is for music while at work. Any help would be appreciated :)

7. phenomx4

phenomx4 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer Thread Starter

I've done nothing different for pacrom. There's a setting for the volume buttons to control how much percent to go up or down in the framework overlay. All roms are set to 5% so I don't know why works the way you want on pacrom but not on others. Maybe for the other roms I'll get it to 1% to see if it fixes it.

pentabiker likes this.
  8. kgjohns

kgjohns Member

I did a full wipe, wiped everything but the SD card-several times (ocd I guess ) still just kind of froze there

Other than that, Rom seems to run very smooth.

9. phenomx4

phenomx4 Android Expert

updated.

ajws7036, kgjohns and pentabiker like this.
  10. armymartinez

Stuck at work late - installing before I go home!

Wifi is broken.

I cleared cache + dalvik + cache + dalvik and did upgrade.

And, maps updated itself and flickers - so gotta go back.

11. Inorizushi

Inorizushi Member

Have you tried doing a complete wipe (data, system, cache, dalvik)
    and mounting system and data before flashing?

Just clearing cache and dalvik repeatedly won't help most problems.

12. armymartinez

Worked fine after a reboot... Generally don't need to do a full wipe between same versions - per phenom :)

13. ajws7036

ajws7036 Member

Got everything working great... It's fast, and cool. Just took a clean flash. Camera and everything works wonderful. Only issues that bug me personally are no charging while off, and well that's it.

14. armymartinez

Thinking of trying SlimKat. I'm running out of memory / slowing down constantly.

-A

15. pentabiker

pentabiker Newbie

Hmm, would there happen to also be a volume button press-and-hold delay value we could maybe turn down or off?
    - And thanks for the reply :)

JumpinJupiter likes this.
  16. armymartinez

Unsure how some people are getting this running "fast". Starts out snappy but quickly degrades for me. I did change my overclocking settings and that made it a bit better, but it's far from sparkling. I switched the OC algorithm to Smartassv2. Which one is "best"? Default clearly is not.

17. Inorizushi

Inorizushi Member

Alright so for some reason I'm completely unable to play music. apollo and play music detect my songs but they don't play at all.
    is this a known problem or does anyone have any ideas to fix this?

18. phenomx4

phenomx4 Android Expert

Even though I set it to have a max of two apps open at a time it keeps all of them open you'll need to use the recents list to close the ones you're not using anymore.

19. pentabiker

pentabiker Newbie

Mine will play one song, but when it ends, the app freezes, instead of playing the next song. Reflashing did not fix it for me.

20. Inorizushi

Inorizushi Member

I see, I guess I'll just flash back to stock until this is fixed then.
    EDIT: Just noticed there's an update, I'll try it and see if it works.

Oh yeah this definitely fixed it.

EDIT 2: Nevermind.

Edit 3: The audio issues are oh so lovely.

21. JumpinJupiter

JumpinJupiter Android Enthusiast

How is battery life on this rom? Is it better then SlimKat?

22. kgjohns

kgjohns Member

This rom is running great since the update. Apps load quickly, 2 days and have had no random reboots or anything like that, no random force closes. Very nice....thanks Phenom. Loving it.

23. armymartinez

It's more severe than that. A fair # of apps leave services running - which for some apps you wouldn't want running.... Clearing those too helps out.

24. Dark One

Dark One Android Expert

This is running really well for me. Everything is snappy and it's not lagging. I have it set for two background processes. Bluetooth works!

25. armymartinez

I found a workaround (not perfect, but way better) to allow running multiple apps!!!

Get a program called SD-Booster: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mehrmann.sdbooster.
    I have set mine to 2048.

I'll experiment with larger values, but I've got running at the same time:

Flipboard
    Candy Crush
    Facebook
    GMail
    Play Store

And it's pretty happy.