• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7

The install constructions are a little confusing

If you're factory stock like I was you need to:
1.install CWM and place Cyanogenmod 7.1 port onto the SD disk BEFORE you flash the Gingerbread bootloader in the first portion of installation instructions.

2.make sure you make a backup of your phone before you flash GB bootloader. After flashing bootloader and rebooting into CWM do factory wipe and wipe cache.

3. before installing from zip go ahead and make a backup for fun. Also you can make a backup of your SMS/contacts/call logs with a backup program from market. Just search backup on market. Alternatively you can just sync your contacts in Google if you want. I did both just to be sure.

Took me awhile to figure out why my phone was hanging on the samsung logo, Shit rules guys, I hope these pointers help out, i'm a noob and this is my first root/rom install so if any of this information is potentially misleading let me know.

I've been configuring all my stuff into this phone and I have to say this is 100% easier to deal with than the shitty stock OS. THANKS SO MUCH I WILL BE BUYING YOU BEER LATER.

Upvote 0
I'm going this public, not private.

Drop It right now.

Mod staff has chatted with PandaBomb, he's working the issues.

And your post was DELETED by mod staff, so you don't get to thumb your nose and continue the snark and fearmongering.

Pull this again and you'll earn a free vacation from posting here.

Edit - sock puppet banned.

"Sock Puppet" knew what he was talking about. This rom is sketchy at best. And name calling over the net is lame...

Upvote 0
The install constructions are a little confusing

If you're factory stock like I was you need to:
1.install CWM and place Cyanogenmod 7.1 port onto the SD disk BEFORE you flash the Gingerbread bootloader in the first portion of installation instructions.

2.make sure you make a backup of your phone before you flash GB bootloader. After flashing bootloader and rebooting into CWM do factory wipe and wipe cache.

3. before installing from zip go ahead and make a backup for fun. Also you can make a backup of your SMS/contacts/call logs with a backup program from market. Just search backup on market. Alternatively you can just sync your contacts in Google if you want. I did both just to be sure.

Took me awhile to figure out why my phone was hanging on the samsung logo, Shit rules guys, I hope these pointers help out, i'm a noob and this is my first root/rom install so if any of this information is potentially misleading let me know.

I've been configuring all my stuff into this phone and I have to say this is 100% easier to deal with than the shitty stock OS. THANKS SO MUCH I WILL BE BUYING YOU BEER LATER.
Thanks I was having the same problem!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones