• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

I've encountered this as well. No idea what causes it. Just seems completely random. And it's happened on both stock and CM7 as well. (I think it may have happened with my Optimus V as well, so it really could be anything.)

Ok, thanks. (I don't recall it doing it on my Optimus V though.)

While I wouldn't wish problems on anyone's phone, it's comforting at least to know that I am not alone. :p

I know that the game Birzzle does not act right/work properly when using this ROM. It behaves very strangely.

All the best!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply! I don't think that was it though. While I have JuiceDefender I have stopped using it for a few days. It seems JD is turning everything off (wifi & data). Maybe that is bec. I have JD Ultimate enabled.

All the best!

That is all configurable (when & how data is enabled/disabled) in JD, however if you don't let JD manage your wifi and data, you probably won't see very much power savings from it. Btw, Birzzle works fine for me on this ROM.

Upvote 0
Works like a charm.

I just switched from Miui for the same reasons. Will probably go back if and when the same amount of progress has been made. Has been my daily for over a week and I love it but wanted to give the ICS CM7 theme a shot and with the OC kernel it seemed to be perfect timing. The CM7 theme did not work out so well as most of my notifications had been blacked out and a few other bugs the app warned about after installing. So I went with the free launcher recommended by Life Rocks and shelled out the $1.50 for the combined free launcher and theme, guessing the theme is what I had paid for considering the launcher by itself is free. Anyhow after installing I appeared to have ICS everything except keyboard and notifications. Just installed the keyboard via bing7625’s instructions so now I only hope the theme I downloaded will update with ICS notifications pull down and all will be good.

Free ICS Launcher
Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Launcher for Android

Launcher with theme

http://goo.gl/eoL8b

You will need to change the icon settings in the launcher as for some reason ics icons are not the default. I bring this up because most of the market reviews made comments of uninstalling because their icons did not change.

Here is a free one with a few less extras but its the exact same thing verse the link above. Here's the link.

https://market.android.com/details?...sMSwxLDEsIm1vYmkuU3luZGljYXRlQXBwcy5JQ1N2MiJd

This ICS Launcher is better it don't have the back button, menu, etc... on the screen. And made by the same person, and both free
http://forums.acsyndicate.net/ACS/ICS_2.4_Launcher.apk

Upvote 0
Use theme changer - its in the App drawer. you can find tons of CM7 themes on the market

What if you just want to change th status bar? I'm fine with th default theme, but the flat black status bar has to go.

I see tons of status bars for other CM7 builds for other phones, can you flash them to this phone, or does the theme have to be made specifically for the Triumph?

Any way to bring back the drop shadow effect that make the status bar look like an actual status bar would be appreciated! :)

Upvote 0
Tickerguy, do you mind sharing your thoughts on undervolting with this rom? Can it help/improve battery life and are there any dangers present in doing so as there is with overclocking?
Undervolting will not harm the CPU but could do grievous harm to your data on the SD card and/or in the NV if the CPU misses a timing window.

You're just reducing the margin between "operates fine" and "oops - missed a timing window."

Note that if you crash while overclocked, undervolted or both you must presume that some random number of I/O cycles took place in which data was not correctly written prior to the CPU resetting.

Since most of what's going on in a phone is reading (e.g. read a contact entry to make a phone call, etc) rather than writing the odds of you getting hosed in a way that really hurts is pretty low, but it's definitely not zero.

The power savings from undervolting are real but not particularly large; you're trading operating margin for amp/hours on battery draw.

Reactions: TheBritton
Upvote 0
I assumed so. Thanks for leaving us a great piece of work for the Triumph and I'm sure you'll be very happy over there.
Will there be a final TG update? It's not like it needs another one. I am satisfied with everything on the current build. I can't imagine what you would add or fix on it.. well, except the Wifi/bluetooth CPU peg but with my own understanding of it I don't think that's fixable at the moment.

Upvote 0
Does this mean no HDMI??

Tickerguy, Please get the HDMI working before you leave....

thanks for all your work.
As, Isaac has posted somewhere before, there actually isn't any HDMI support on ANY version of CM7 (i.e. for any other phone). It is quite an undertaking to try to make this possible. Isaac is working on it the best he can, but it might not be realistically possible. Remember the devs are giving their time/knowledge and making things possible for the rest of us.

It is quite unrealistic to keep asking for more from someone who has done so much for the phone already. He is moving to a different device himself, and he doesn't use the HDMI on this device anyway. If you really want this functionality, try to get someone else knowledgeable interested to help Isaac.

I know you were probably not trying to sound demanding when asking for the HDMI, but it almost comes off that way.

Upvote 0
As, Isaac has posted somewhere before, there actually isn't any HDMI support on ANY version of CM7 (i.e. for any other phone). It is quite an undertaking to try to make this possible. Isaac is working on it the best he can, but it might not be realistically possible. Remember the devs are giving their time/knowledge and making things possible for the rest of us.

It is quite unrealistic to keep asking for more from someone who has done so much for the phone already. He is moving to a different device himself, and he doesn't use the HDMI on this device anyway. If you really want this functionality, try to get someone else knowledgeable interested to help Isaac.

I know you were probably not trying to sound demanding when asking for the HDMI, but it almost comes off that way.

Well said.

Another thing to consider is developers only work on things that are useful to them. I was working on HDMI and then I asked myself, "what would I ever use this for?" so I stopped. Every now and then I pick the project back up and continue working on it (like I am right now). But if I have no actual use for HDMI, it's hard to be hungry for it.

Reactions: InfamousBlade
Upvote 0
Well said.

Another thing to consider is developers only work on things that are useful to them. I was working on HDMI and then I asked myself, "what would I ever use this for?" so I stopped. Every now and then I pick the project back up and continue working on it (like I am right now). But if I have no actual use for HDMI, it's hard to be hungry for it.

.. and for those willing to work on it, the code is ALWAYS available.

Upvote 0
.. and for those willing to work on it, the code is ALWAYS available.

true... true... if i knew where to look for the problems i'd be messing around with it. this monday im getting a new pc so im gonna dual boot ubuntu 11.10 and then start messin with kernels. (Uber-Fast Kernel)

oh, and a stupid but very serious question... can you do the same development stuff on kubuntu? im thinking you should since its all linux. :D

Upvote 0
true... true... if i knew where to look for the problems i'd be messing around with it. this monday im getting a new pc so im gonna dual boot ubuntu 11.10 and then start messin with kernels. (Uber-Fast Kernel)

oh, and a stupid but very serious question... can you do the same development stuff on kubuntu? im thinking you should since its all linux. :D

Yes, Kubuntu just has a different desktop environment, but it's still Ubuntu (i.e. still Linux).

Upvote 0

Yeah, the difference is pretty much just the desktop environment. You can get all the repositories and stuff you need on either (or on a different Linux distro).

EDIT - I love it when I take too long to reply and say the same thing as someone else, but later! /sarcasm :)

Upvote 0
@issacj87 any chance that youll pick up this rom? and do you think muiu is better than cm7?

Better? No. Different? Yes. "Different strokes for different folks." All I can say is I've been using Android since it came out and MIUI is a refreshing change from the same old thing. ICS, on the other hand, will change some things and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Upvote 0
Yes, Kubuntu just has a different desktop environment, but it's still Ubuntu (i.e. still Linux).

Yeah, the difference is pretty much just the desktop environment. You can get all the repositories and stuff you need on either (or on a different Linux distro).

EDIT - I love it when I take too long to reply and say the same thing as someone else, but later! /sarcasm :)

thankyou both for your replies :D i just asked so i didnt waste 30 mins of my time installing kubuntu for it to not work.

@agentc13- you should ask if you can become a "guide" of android forums. you are never rude in your replies and they always resolve the askers problem.

Upvote 0
Tickerguy, I just wanted to take the opportunity for all of your wonderful work on this ROM. It is absolutely fantastic, and so much better than the stock ROM. Having fixed so many bugs and gotten it nearly 100% working in such a short period of time is incredible. The community has benefited greatly from your work. Next time you come to California, I definitely owe you a beer.

Upvote 0
I assumed so. Thanks for leaving us a great piece of work for the Triumph and I'm sure you'll be very happy over there.
Will there be a final TG update? It's not like it needs another one. I am satisfied with everything on the current build. I can't imagine what you would add or fix on it.. well, except the Wifi/bluetooth CPU peg but with my own understanding of it I don't think that's fixable at the moment.

I do not know if this still applies to the newer builds but when I first learned of this issue on the older builds I found out that it only occurs based on the order in which you turn them on. I believe if I recall correctly you could fire up bluetooth while wifi was off and then turn on wifi and all would be fine. However I may be wrong and it might be vice versa. but you'll just have to try for yourself. Hell you might not even get that chance on the newer builds but it's worth a shot if you want em both on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones