• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

how come he didnt update to cm7 7.2?

TG posted somewhere about cherry-picking the CM7 changes anyway, and that 7.2 was just a revision update, nothing interesting for our devices. I personally would like the fix to the dBm display in the status bar when in airplane mode, it came out sometime after 11.19 when I was using the OV. I believe Mantera has a 7.2 build if you want the 7.2 rev number.

Upvote 0
Reactions: SamuraiFox18
Upvote 0
I've flashed cm7 and no Kernal, 8 beta, and I don't get ANY gmail notifications, and I get Facebook every now and again but it's mainly when I open it up I get them. I just feel like my notifications arent completely correct. No apps on my sd because they do not work right

You probably missed gapps.zip, which is supposed to be flashed right after the ROM .zip, before booting up the first time. If so, re-wipe and reflash ROM .zip then gapps .zip

Upvote 0
Okay guys, It's been awhile, but I put together a video guide to installing TickerGuy's CyanogenMod 7 (CM7) BETA 8 (Final) and Mantera's TheOC v1.5 Overclocking kernel:
Install TickerGuy's CyanogenMod 7 FINAL and TheOC v1.5 Overclocking Kernel on the Motorola Triumph - YouTube

Also, if you already have CM7 BETA 8 installed, then you can just follow this video guide, which is just for instralling TheOC kernel (assuming you have already installed TickerGuy's CM7 BETA 8):
Overclock CyanogenMod 7 on the Motorola Triumph Using TheOC V1.5 By Mantera - Overclock up to 2 Ghz - YouTube

Upvote 0
Weird issue when dialing contacts with internation prefix.

Most of my contacts have +1(111)111111 number format. This does work. I get call lost after a few seconds. If the number is like 1(111)11111 then it's fine.
The "+" is throwing the phone off I believe it tries to make an international call.

Where or how do I change this behavior in CM7? I couldn't find it.

Upvote 0

Most of my contacts have +1(111)111111 number format. This does work. I get call lost after a few seconds. If the number is like 1(111)11111 then it's fine.
The "+" is throwing the phone off I believe it tries to make an international call.

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but why are you dialing a 1 if you're not making international calls?

Upvote 0

I have the same issue as well. I ended up having to go through some of my contacts and remover the prefix manually

Upvote 0
This doesn't exactly answer your question, but why are you dialing a 1 if you're not making international calls?

All my contacts have a country code + number. This is used to dial international numbers when abroad or at home with VOIP.

+1 = USA This is the first time I encounter this issue with any phone or rom.

So if I am traveling abroad and I need to dial the USA the +1 will know automatically it's an international number. When I am at home, it should know I am home.

Upvote 0
My Menu, Home, Back, Search buttons appear to fire on their own along with the haptic feedback.

I have tried factory reset, system reset and restoring nandroid, but no luck. It mainly appears to occur when I first unlock the system. These buttons after an "episode" will often become unresponsive to touch in which case I can shut screen off with the power button, turn screen on and get use of these buttons again.

It appears to have started when I flashed v8. Could it be a badly behaving app? Any suggestions on how to diagnose and/or fix this? Thanks.

Upvote 0
You probably missed gapps.zip, which is supposed to be flashed right after the ROM .zip, before booting up the first time. If so, re-wipe and reflash ROM .zip then gapps .zip

done, reflashed the rom, gapps, then i rebooted, and then flashed manteras 1.5 oc, love it. still not any notifications yet, and what about removal of the oc completely, back to the stock rom settings?

Upvote 0
done, reflashed the rom, gapps, then i rebooted, and then flashed manteras 1.5 oc, love it. still not any notifications yet, and what about removal of the oc completely, back to the stock rom settings?

Not sure about notifications, maybe another reboot will fix that, or it could be the app that needs to be reinstalled. Overclocking is just setting the frequencies (in CM7 settings or SetCPU app) to anything higher than 1024 Mhz max, if you don't want to overclock, just set to 1024 (which is default if you didn't change it).

Upvote 0
My gmail app is non-working, at all. Every time I turn on my phone, and I get a connection to google servers, I get 2 force close messages, both for gmail, right after the other. I don't get any notifications after that point, and the gmail app won't open. Every time I take a call, and the data connection drops, When I hang up, I get the same thing, twice (like it is force closing with the data connection) Every other Google app works just peachy, market, youtube, calendar, etc. Do I need to reflash the G-apps .zip? I'm not sure what to do.. I've been dealing with it by using enhanced email for android, but it sucks for integration. (about a week) Any help?:mad:

Upvote 0
My gmail app is non-working, at all. Every time I turn on my phone, and I get a connection to google servers, I get 2 force close messages, both for gmail, right after the other. I don't get any notifications after that point, and the gmail app won't open. Every time I take a call, and the data connection drops, When I hang up, I get the same thing, twice (like it is force closing with the data connection) Every other Google app works just peachy, market, youtube, calendar, etc. Do I need to reflash the G-apps .zip? I'm not sure what to do.. I've been dealing with it by using enhanced email for android, but it sucks for integration. (about a week) Any help?:mad:

I responded to your post about this. ;)

Reactions: rvarn1
Upvote 0
when i try to save certain settings in cm7, or launch an app at startup, they don't stick after reboot. The most annoying one that i have found is changing the setting to vibrate when i receive notifications/calls "always" rather than "only in silent mode" i change it but when i reboot, it's back to "only in silent mode". as far as apps go, i was unable to have juicedefender or any non-stock keyboard startup with the phone automatically. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
when i try to save certain settings in cm7, or launch an app at startup, they don't stick after reboot. The most annoying one that i have found is changing the setting to vibrate when i receive notifications/calls "always" rather than "only in silent mode" i change it but when i reboot, it's back to "only in silent mode". as far as apps go, i was unable to have juicedefender or any non-stock keyboard startup with the phone automatically. Any ideas?
Well, mine always vibrates on calls, and I think I have only changed the setting in Settings > Sound > Vibrate > Always. I have had issues with JD not starting up lately, but I am looking into that and will have to get back to you. I use SwiftKey X and it starts up every time just fine.

Upvote 0
My Menu, Home, Back, Search buttons appear to fire on their own along with the haptic feedback.

I have tried factory reset, system reset and restoring nandroid, but no luck. It mainly appears to occur when I first unlock the system. These buttons after an "episode" will often become unresponsive to touch in which case I can shut screen off with the power button, turn screen on and get use of these buttons again.

It appears to have started when I flashed v8. Could it be a badly behaving app? Any suggestions on how to diagnose and/or fix this? Thanks.

Figured it out, misbehaving app - Launcher Pro. Actually the app is fine, but restoring the data gave my MT the problem. Took me a few full ROM restores before I finally realized what it was. And setting up Launcher Pro is a good one hour project. But it works! Yeah.

Upvote 0
Figured it out, misbehaving app - Launcher Pro. Actually the app is fine, but restoring the data gave my MT the problem. Took me a few full ROM restores before I finally realized what it was. And setting up Launcher Pro is a good one hour project. But it works! Yeah.
A lot of times the issues people have stem from restoring the data from a previous ROM and/or build. That is the first thing I would change if I had issues after a flash. Glad you got it figured out.

Upvote 0
Just in case anyone else runs into the same problem...

Recently, my battery life plummeted to ugly levels. I'd only been running Tickerguy's CM7 for a few weeks, but for those few weeks, my triumph had been matching the expected battery life.

After some hunting, I found out that JuiceDefender itself was the culprit, as indicated by its force closing when I would try to go to its settings. A simple reinstall of JD fixed everything. So just FYI: if you experience a sudden, drastic decrease in battery life, don't forget to check your battery saving app along with your other apps, as it's not the ROM's fault :)

Upvote 0
I just found a workaround that improves the reliability of my touchscreen. Basically haptic vibrations isn't completely disabled when you think it is, and it could cause some problems. In CM Settings - Input - Haptic Feedback Tweaks - down/up/longpress/keypad patterns, zero out all the values. See my post here for details:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-t...chscreen-issues-w-workaround.html#post3638412

I'm curious if anyone else notices any improvements.

Upvote 0
I've noticed that in the cm settings>performance that if I make a change, such as disable surface dithering and changing vm heap to 48, that they show they've taken effect, even after reboot, but they are unchanged in build.prop. Anyone else notice this? I manually edited build.prop and wow, this Rom is now what cm is supposed to be, fast and smooth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones