• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

Big ups to Tickerguy, this thing is coming along splendidly.

Also, maybe I'm just stating the obvious, but to everyone that drops a one and out post about "X doesn't work", or, "I have to have this be able to use this ROM, please hurry"...

1. If you don't know how to clear cache (dalvik and otherwise), data, and every other NAND, then DON'T mess with this. In my experience, most problems that no one else seems to have come from leftovers that didn't get cleared.

2. 95% of the bugs folks are reporting have ALREADY been addressed either in thread up till now or in the very FIRST post. Read the thread, please. Read the whole thing... read it twice. Otherwise, you are just wasting space.

I, personally, am waiting for Ticker to green light a beta build, and I'm being patient. I suggest you all do the same unless you know this thread inside and out and truly are working to help Tickerguy. This thing isn't finished, but the progress up till now has been astounding, IMO.

Thanks again Tickerguy.

Upvote 0
When can we expect a front cam fix?

like i said before he worries about the big things first not the little. he chooses what he fixes not us. he is the one in control of the software. we are in control of the testing. so it is better to sit and be patient. as a wise person said,"Patience is a virtue, young grasshopper.":cool:

Upvote 0
I think I solved my rebooting problem by going through the whole wipe data/factory reset, format /system process.
--->
In my experience, most problems that no one else seems to have come from leftovers that didn't get cleared.

READ THE FIRST FEW POSTS AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!

Hell, I think this even needs seconded...
Also, maybe I'm just stating the obvious, but to everyone that drops a one and out post about "X doesn't work", or, "I have to have this be able to use this ROM, please hurry"...

2. 95% of the bugs folks are reporting have ALREADY been addressed either in thread up till now or in the very FIRST post. Read the thread, please. Read the whole thing... read it twice. Otherwise, you are just wasting space.

Your issues will be worked on at some point, but TMIC will work on what he wants and according to his schedule, be thankful that we have a MOSTLY working ROM when the phone isn't even that old.

Upvote 0
My sensor is not workin right, whenever Im on the phone talking the screen turns off and on over and over again.

That does that to me too it will probably be fixed in the future. We just need to test the phone and tell tickerguy what the problems are and he will make a list of things he might work on. In the long run the phones rom works wonderfully now just a few things here and there that just need to be patched up and it work perfectly.

Upvote 0
I've been following this thread from the beginning but I haven't read through it all recently. Where can I find the latest builds? Is there any reason why they're not being hosted through github, that seems most logical place to store them, instead of all these mediafire links. I like to know that where I'm getting something is legit.

Prep wise I rooted with gingerbreak, installed super user (didn't do anything with it though). Then I installed clockworkmod, created a system backup, did a factory wipe/reset, the installed the rom.

I flashed update-cm-7.1.0-AP0.2-Triumph-KANG-signed.zip last night and was initially amazed at gingerbread and cm7. Unfortunately I ran into an issue where the phone would go idle and the screen would turn off and lock, as it normally should, but once this happens, I can not wake the phone. I tried all the buttons, several combinations, long presses, etc. I have to remove the battery and start the phone up from scratch. This happened several times. Is there anyway that I can enable logging or something to get some useful output for you guys? I'm a fairly savvy user; I write python and am comfortable with the command line, I just need some domain specific advice for getting some useful state information out of the device for narrowing down my issue, so that perhaps it can be addressed, if that's possible.

Also, even though it goes without saying, I'm absolutely amazed at the talent and dedication you've shown throughout the whole process. Myself and the community all appreciate the incredible look you've given us into the development process each step of the way. I'll continue to peer in to every new commit with anticipation. Thanks guys!

Upvote 0
I've been following this thread from the beginning but I haven't read through it all recently. Where can I find the latest builds? Is there any reason why they're not being hosted through github, that seems most logical place to store them, instead of all these mediafire links. I like to know that where I'm getting something is legit.

Aww poor baby, you don't trust the links they put up? then don't use them.

Upvote 0
Aww poor baby, you don't trust the links they put up? then don't use them.

Damn bro, what crawled up your ass? It was just a suggestion, if you read my post you'd see I already flashed what I'd found. In fact at this point I've tried several. If there's a reason for using these shitty file sites, like them being an affordable means of distribution or something then tell me, otherwise I thought it might be more useful to store builds with the source they're built from, who knows, maybe even provide a hash so people can verify the files they're loading to make sure they're not corrupted. It saves everyone time by cutting down on time wasted chasing weird errors. Anyways, I'm going to keep trying stuff I've dredged out of Google. Got some tips from people at work too.

Trying Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: update-cm-7.1.0-RC1.1-Triumph-KANG-signed.zip

Upvote 0
Damn bro, what crawled up your ass? It was just a suggestion, if you read my post you'd see I already flashed what I'd found. In fact at this point I've tried several. If there's a reason for using these shitty file sites, like them being an affordable means of distribution or something then tell me, otherwise I thought it might be more useful to store builds with the source they're built from, who knows, maybe even provide a hash so people can verify the files they're loading to make sure they're not corrupted. It saves everyone time by cutting down on time wasted chasing weird errors. Anyways, I'm going to keep trying stuff I've dredged out of Google. Got some tips from people at work too.

Trying Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: update-cm-7.1.0-RC1.1-Triumph-KANG-signed.zip

Heres a link to a website with news and downloads.
Motorola Triumph Hacks
hope this helps

Upvote 0
Thanks! In any case, now that I know it's an outstanding issue, I will happily await its resolution. Guess no wifi for me for a while.

actually the current build has working wifi it just been made to go to sleep automaticly when you put your phone to sleep. and turn back on when you use you phone. it saves on battery power too. and it will not lockup so easily.:cool:

Upvote 0
actually the current build has working wifi it just been made to go to sleep automaticly when you put your phone to sleep. and turn back on when you use you phone. it saves on battery power too. and it will not lockup so easily.:cool:

Really? Just to be clear, my wifi is working, the phone just locks up when it sleeps. Perhaps I didn't have it set correctly. I believe I had Version 2 installed initially, the one on this page: Downloads for Motorola Triumph Hacking | Motorola Triumph Hacks

Although it is possible I found the file somewhere else with the same name. I didn't check the wifi sleep policy when I was running that version. Now I'm on Version 1 because I didn't have the page you sent me and RC1.1 looked newer than AP0.2 (my mistake) while doing google searches.

I'll be reflashing back to the newer one when I get home so I'll be sure to tinker with it some more, but I think I was still having that issue.

Upvote 0

Question for you: What would be the difference between hosting a malicious file on Mediafire as opposed to Github or something more "reputable"?

FWIW, the CM7 repos for the Triumph are being worked on with FULL transparency. Any changes to the source code can be monitor at either TG's profile or mine (for example: https://github.com/ikarosdev). IMO, I would be more cautious of ROMs that have no sources available or misc. flashable packages. Furthermore, detailed instructions, which are still current BTW, are available for you to build and play with: http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...ild-cyanogenmod7-source-development-area.html

Also, you can never know what apks are going into these other ROMs. Devs working on said ROMs don't even know what's in them. CM7, however, is completely built from source. The only prebuilt apk added to CM7 is ROM Manager, which is required for the build.

I can't speak for others, but I host on Mediafire because it allows me to organize all my crap into folders. Plus, I don't think Github would like it if my downloads generated a lot of traffic. I know Dropbox didn't.

Check md5sums! Always. It's the best way to verify the integrity of 3rd-party packages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones