• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

On B4. Charged it overnight, then this morning after about 1.5 hours, I noticed that the battery was draining faster than usual. Looking at the battery usage, Bluetooth was responsible for 52% of my battery drain. Bluetooth was on, but i did not have any devices connected. I just leave it on all of the time so that when I go in my car it automatically connects. Is this usual for bluetooth to be responsible for so much of the battery usage? Is it possible to make it scan for connections less frequently? Is there a better solution than turning bluetooth on and off? THanks!

Upvote 0
On B4. Charged it overnight, then this morning after about 1.5 hours, I noticed that the battery was draining faster than usual. Looking at the battery usage, Bluetooth was responsible for 52% of my battery drain. Bluetooth was on, but i did not have any devices connected. I just leave it on all of the time so that when I go in my car it automatically connects. Is this usual for bluetooth to be responsible for so much of the battery usage? Is it possible to make it scan for connections less frequently? Is there a better solution than turning bluetooth on and off? THanks!

Under What's Broken on the front page:

"Occasional CPU pegging problem if both Wifi and Bluetooth are on at the same time. The exact cause and sequence to reproduce this is under investigation; if it happens you can shut off Wifi and then turn it back on and it will clear."

Not sure if it's the same issue, but it sounds like it could be.

And do you use bluetooth a lot? I personally leave it switched off unless I'm using my wireless stereo headset to listen to music, which isn't often.

But I can understand if a lot of people use it to make calls with a bt headset or to stream music.

Upvote 0
Is the download link on the latest (10/26) ROM not working for anyone else?

I'll do as mediafire suggests and try a bit later.

edit:

And now it's working for me. :)

yea i tried last night to download and it didnt work, then i tried again this morning and it still doesnt work. i thought my computer didnt wanna download files or something so i tried downloading the .03 build and it started downloading fine.

Upvote 0
Coming in the next release:

1. 2.3.7 codebase

2. Minfree is tunable through editing an init.d script ("99memory") in /system/etc/init.d. The defaults have been slightly modified from where they are now.

The 2.3.7 merge doesn't appear to change much - the only real visible change I see is that the lockscreen animations are "prettier" (ring in particular.)

A lot of work for nothing so far, but it was useful in that I discovered that Github apparently did not post several commits over the last couple of weeks. That could have been really bad if I had lost my local copy of things. What's there in my manifest now should build and run as the purpose of this exercise was to know that I can build from a "scratch load" should it become desireable or necessary.

I'm aware of the bogus "usage" entries - not sure where they're coming from at present.

Upvote 0
do you think you can re-enable the option to keep home in memory again please? im using launcherpro and anytime i open an app then go back to the launcher it has to load up all the widgets and apps again. i had the keep home in memory checked in previous builds and it worked fine, but in the newer builds even though i have it checked it almost never stays open. i wouldn't mind it using a little ram since i don't really have many applications running in the background so i always have about 100 to 130 mb ram free.

This option is in the CM7 settings menu under Performance settings

Upvote 0
Coming in the next release:

1. 2.3.7 codebase

2. Minfree is tunable through editing an init.d script ("99memory") in /system/etc/init.d. The defaults have been slightly modified from where they are now.

The 2.3.7 merge doesn't appear to change much - the only real visible change I see is that the lockscreen animations are "prettier" (ring in particular.)

A lot of work for nothing so far, but it was useful in that I discovered that Github apparently did not post several commits over the last couple of weeks. That could have been really bad if I had lost my local copy of things. What's there in my manifest now should build and run as the purpose of this exercise was to know that I can build from a "scratch load" should it become desireable or necessary.

I'm aware of the bogus "usage" entries - not sure where they're coming from at present.

Thanks TG.. sorry for the bother on the 2.3.7 build.

Upvote 0
That's pretty normal if you have things syncing in the background (e.g. push email, etc) and especially if you're on Wifi.

In a poor signal area Wifi wins on power when idle.
But in good signal areas it loses badly.

Worst of all is if it's on and scanning and not connected to anything. That is going to suck severely as the power drain when searching is considerable. If you're not where there's a Wifi signal and not plugged in, turn off the Wifi!

Here's the deal basically - transmitting is expensive, receiving is cheap (power budget.) If you're on Wifi, connected to a base, and not sending anything other than the "heartbeat" there's no transmitting going on. That's cheap.

If you're on cell, you're connected, the signal is good and there's no renegotiation or handoffs going on then there's little transmitting going on (just the "heartbeat".) That's cheap.

Violate either of those two constraints and from a power perspective it gets expensive fast.

Reactions: Redwyvern
Upvote 0
that seems like normal drain to me.

Yup... with wifi on that's definitely closer to normal for.the triumph. People need to realize that now that wifi lockup is fixed the phone is going to behave and draw power like any other handset if you leave wifi enabled. Get juice defender or some other babysitting app, or just turn wifi off when you don't need it like you'd do with any other phone. For me the difference in battery life with wifi enabled all the time is no problem... like any other smartphone owner I've got chargers everywhere. I am ecstatic that the wifi lockup issue is finally gone - for me that was the last really annoying bug. I can't express my thanks and congratulations enough to TickerGuy.

For the record, with the latest beta my phone lasts about 14 hours with wifi enabled and occasional use... that's still better than stock IMO.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if anyone is still having the issue of the phone waking up to a blank screen? I flashed back to stock because the problem finally got so bad that I was pulling the battery 5+ times a day. I thought I had fixed it but I was wrong...

My wife's phone does this every now and then too. But I hate to think it but it may just be a bad Triumph. I do the rom flashing on her phone as well as mine and I have not had issue one. Plus she tells me all the time her phone sucks, does weird things. I plan to get her a new one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones