• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Black Plague w/ Plague kernel

I'm using CPU master and plague 1.2 and its not holding CPU settings

Edit:now it seems to be sticking... odd... ill let u know if it changes

Edit 2: checked again and it dropped to 1080

After deleting rom toolbox lite completely, deleting init.qcom.post_boot.sh in system/etc then restarting phone, installing rom toolbox pro, my cpu settings finally stick! You can use whatever cpu controller you prefer, but I think you have to delete the init file for the cpu settings to stick no matter which app you choose (I tried several with no luck beforehand)... I used antutu cpu master pro for a day, but my battery life dropped to about 5 hours, so I switched back to Rom Toolbox but upgraded to the pro version because I wanted the extra goodies!

Upvote 0
After deleting rom toolbox lite completely, deleting init.qcom.post_boot.sh in system/etc then restarting phone, installing rom toolbox pro, my cpu settings finally stick! You can use whatever cpu controller you prefer, but I think you have to delete the init file for the cpu settings to stick no matter which app you choose (I tried several with no luck beforehand)... I used antutu cpu master pro for a day, but my battery life dropped to about 5 hours, so I switched back to Rom Toolbox but upgraded to the pro version because I wanted the extra goodies!

Actually you don't have to delete squat. I haven't, just added the script that was missing. I have rom toolbox pro but I haven't opened the cpu control in that app, so it doesn't interfere with antutu which I use & have no problems with my speeds sticking.

Upvote 0
Actually you don't have to delete squat. I haven't, just added the script that was missing. I have rom toolbox pro but I haven't opened the cpu control in that app, so it doesn't interfere with antutu which I use & have no problems with my speeds sticking.

Well, deleting the post boot script does work though. Its fast and dirty, I did it months ago on broken out and now with BP and there have been no consequences to deleting it that I see thus far.

Upvote 0

What script are you talking about? I want to try it. I think i may be missing something here.

I did this method since day one, and i have not had one problem. :)
I also tried to keep the Post_Boot.sh when i first tried to update to 1.2

My settings would stick at 1080 and would go nowhere with v1.2, again i del the Post_Boot.sh and the problem vanished.

I am very interested to know what negative effects there are for del this file. I am having no real luck with anything sticking, no reboots on my device, but insane amount of reboots on my wife's phone.

I am about to reflash this rom and try again.

Edit: Just for giggles i put Speeds03 Post_Boot and now everything is working. Very odd. Going to try it with wife's phone.

Upvote 0
What script are you talking about? I want to try it. I think i may be missing something here.

I did this method since day one, and i have not had one problem. :)
I also tried to keep the Post_Boot.sh when i first tried to update to 1.2

My settings would stick at 1080 and would go nowhere with v1.2, again i del the Post_Boot.sh and the problem vanished.

I am very interested to know what negative effects there are for del this file. I am having no real luck with anything sticking, no reboots on my device, but insane amount of reboots on my wife's phone.

I am about to reflash this rom and try again.

There are a few lines you can add to the post boot script, along with a couple of # signs that can make the CPU settings stick. I tried it myself and it caused instability on my phone, for a few others as well if I recall.

Easier to delete it, or rename it with a .bak extension and forget about it IMO.

Reactions: VeNoMzRevenge
Upvote 0
girrr my text to speech is still broken even on this rom and so is my bluetooth, I have done complete wipe too and still no go >.> guess there is something different about my connect then rest of the people here so with that said I guess I will have to download one of the stock roms and just go back to a rooted stock >.< *sigh*

Upvote 0
There are a few lines you can add to the post boot script, along with a couple of # signs that can make the CPU settings stick. I tried it myself and it caused instability on my phone, for a few others as well if I recall.

Easier to delete it, or rename it with a .bak extension and forget about it IMO.
it doesnt some other stuff too, tho may not be anything anyone would notice normally, but I foresee it affect something on down the line, hence why I wont just remove it. Individual basis tho is ok and what makes android so great. ;)

Can anyone who has BO ROM put the mms.apk in a drop box so I can install it over my Black Plague ROM?
BO's is just stock isnt it?? either way I can upload it ;)

girrr my text to speech is still broken even on this rom and so is my bluetooth, I have done complete wipe too and still no go >.> guess there is something different about my connect then rest of the people here so with that said I guess I will have to download one of the stock roms and just go back to a rooted stock >.< *sigh*
prolly a missing file(s), I will look into it.

Reactions: VeNoMzRevenge
Upvote 0
it doesnt some other stuff too, tho may not be anything anyone would notice normally, but I foresee it affect something on down the line, hence why I wont just remove it. Individual basis tho is ok and what makes android so great. ;)

BO's is just stock isnt it?? either way I can upload it ;)

prolly a missing file(s), I will look into it.

I'm not sure, but if you can upload it, I'd thank ya a million times over! ;)

Upvote 0
Maybe I am not seeing it, but is there an extended power menu for this rom that includes the screenshot?
I can see an app in system for capturing, and I added a shortcut on the home screen, but I am not sure where one would normally capture a screenshot in this rom.

Can anyone help me out?
Power and Home button I think it is.

And bluetooth fixed.... but I had to use the stock settings.apk.

Reactions: DrHangman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones