• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Black Plague w/ Plague kernel

Also the new CWM Touch 6 is broken. I made a backup before flashing this ROM, bu this ROM kept rebooting every time I tried installing something from the market so I went to restore my back up. It wouldn't let me. Whenever it got to "restoring system" it'd say there was an error and didn't restore the rest. I flashed an older recovery and dug through my computer for an older backup to restore. It turns out the backup CWM Touch 6 made was only 23 mb compared to the usual half a gigabyte! I don't know why it only backed up 23 mb :thinking:

I had a problem with cwm touch looping every so often. I installed the free non touch version and have never looked back. Touch just doesn't make sense for recovery in my opinion cause there's that chance of touching the wrong option. With click it's for sure and no looping.

Upvote 0
I had a problem with cwm touch looping every so often. I installed the free non touch version and have never looked back. Touch just doesn't make sense for recovery in my opinion cause there's that chance of touching the wrong option. With click it's for sure and no looping.

Yeah, I changed back to the regular version and I'll be staying with it. I don't see a reason for the touch version

Upvote 0
Thanks will look into that, if I can get it to replicate. ;)

Not a error per say, but 1.2 is the current build I have uploaded to the RM ROM Developer Portal, so it shouldnt be giving a notice of a update.

It's not notifying to update Black Plague, it's notifying to update Holo Launcher... I got the same notification this morning, I declined just to be on the safe side, I'm keeping the version you uploaded it with just to be on the safe side...

Upvote 0
And also, does anyone know how to deodex stock ZVA? I've been trying to make a theme for stock but I haven't been able to fully deodex. I get too many errors using xUltimate. Anyone know another way?
I will make a deodexed stock so themers etc have sumtin easier to start out with. Try to deodex only a few apk at a time or even one at a time and see it it works better. ;)

It's not notifying to update Black Plague, it's notifying to update Holo Launcher... I got the same notification this morning, I declined just to be on the safe side, I'm keeping the version you uploaded it with just to be on the safe side...
Its fine to update apps ;)

New version came out, no need to be cautious the developer added some more features.
+1

Reactions: tonylc74
Upvote 0
ugh, this rom toolbox cpu controller is a pain, I really like the rest of rom toolbox, but it will NOT hold cpu settings! I check them every once in a while and it changes them randomly, I set it to 810mhz to conserve battery, profile set to ondemand so it's not sluggish, and it randomly set's it to 1826 or 1080...
Yea a few of you have reported that, but I have not been able to replicate it on mine. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Could it be because I'm running LG Connect Optimizer? Maybe uninstalling that will fix the issue?
try it, and any other cpu control apps besides the one you want to use. I use android overclock, which is the same cpu control app in RT, but it has a nice looking widget, and RT and those 2 dont seem to be conflicting.

Upvote 0
Fun...

Installed 1.2, decided to switch the lockscreen settings back to 1.1.
Rebooted into CWM Touch from PG's other post, mounted system and tried to push files, said protocol error. Went to reboot, brick (soft brick).
It would not boot the boot animation, just LG logo. Could connect to it in ADB, but not system folder access. Tried using Tickle my Android to reboot to recovery, it just rebooted to LG logo.
Used unbricking method from forum main page, success.
Re-installed normal CWM from Rom Manager, success.
Flashed Black Plague 1.1 (like the images better and didn't want the ICS animations), success.

We did have a problem with random reboots, but it was the clock speed, 1536 is unstable on my wife's Connect. Installed no-frills CPU and set back to stock speed and it eliminated the problem.

Any idea why there would be an error pushing to the phone in recovery?
Hasn't been a problem with the Esteem, is this a no-no for the Connect?

Any idea what caused the Soft Brick?

Upvote 0
try it, and any other cpu control apps besides the one you want to use. I use android overclock, which is the same cpu control app in RT, but it has a nice looking widget, and RT and those 2 dont seem to be conflicting.

I think I'm going to ditch Rom Toolbox and try Android Overclock as well, I like some of the tools like the App Manager and Ad Blocker and stuff, but it isn't holding cpu settings...

Upvote 0
Fun...

Installed 1.2, decided to switch the lockscreen settings back to 1.1.
Rebooted into CWM Touch from PG's other post, mounted system and tried to push files, said protocol error. Went to reboot, brick (soft brick).
It would not boot the boot animation, just LG logo. Could connect to it in ADB, but not system folder access. Tried using Tickle my Android to reboot to recovery, it just rebooted to LG logo.
Used unbricking method from forum main page, success.
Re-installed normal CWM from Rom Manager, success.
Flashed Black Plague 1.1 (like the images better and didn't want the ICS animations), success.

We did have a problem with random reboots, but it was the clock speed, 1536 is unstable on my wife's Connect. Installed no-frills CPU and set back to stock speed and it eliminated the problem.

Any idea why there would be an error pushing to the phone in recovery?
Hasn't been a problem with the Esteem, is this a no-no for the Connect?

Any idea what caused the Soft Brick?
Did you do adb remount b4 pushing?

Reactions: DrHangman
Upvote 0
It seems to me, well for me at least that when I had first installed this ROM over BrokenOut and I had flashed at least 3 themes that I can remember, that I had constant reboots, my OC settings wouldn't stick even though I had edited my script, for some strange reason if I plugged in head jacks it would just pause my music. I finally just decided I had too much crap on there and files changed too much and started over from scratch. I didn't put BrokenOut back on, just this one, and it seemed to want to "settle" for a day before deciding to act nice. Now I'm not having the constant reboots, only if I try to do a batch backup in TI or batch move to sd or some sort of big batch move. My external speakers work now too. I have ROM toolbox, but I don't mess with the cpu control in there. I never even click it. I used to, and would set sliders, but I could never get it to work steady. I use antutu cpu master and set the profiles it has. I now since the redo don't have a problem with my settings sticking. I also will push apps that TI suggest into my ROM. Sometimes I think you have to let the dust settle a bit and give a ROM time to settle in. The kinks will work out. Especially if you are having a problem no one else is.

anna

Upvote 0
It seems to me, well for me at least that when I had first installed this ROM over BrokenOut and I had flashed at least 3 themes that I can remember, that I had constant reboots, my OC settings wouldn't stick even though I had edited my script, for some strange reason if I plugged in head jacks it would just pause my music. I finally just decided I had too much crap on there and files changed too much and started over from scratch. I didn't put BrokenOut back on, just this one, and it seemed to want to "settle" for a day before deciding to act nice. Now I'm not having the constant reboots, only if I try to do a batch backup in TI or batch move to sd or some sort of big batch move. My external speakers work now too. I have ROM toolbox, but I don't mess with the cpu control in there. I never even click it. I used to, and would set sliders, but I could never get it to work steady. I use antutu cpu master and set the profiles it has. I now since the redo don't have a problem with my settings sticking. I also will push apps that TI suggest into my ROM. Sometimes I think you have to let the dust settle a bit and give a ROM time to settle in. The kinks will work out. Especially if you are having a problem no one else is.

anna

The music pausing on plugging in could be a setting in your music players app. I know there's one to pause when you unplug for sure. You might want to check.

Upvote 0
Ok, I completely removed Rom Toolbox, and am trying Antutu CPU Master pro, settings seem to be sticking once I removed Rom Toolbox completely! Disappointing because I liked everything else about Rom Toolbox...<br>

if you uninstalled ROM Toolbox, reinstall it and just don't click on the control cpu setting. If you don't click it, set it and apply it, it won't try to use it and you can use the other features of ROM Toolbox. That's what I did.

Anna

Upvote 0
The music pausing on plugging in could be a setting in your music players app. I know there's one to pause when you unplug for sure. You might want to check.

No, because One, I didn't have problems before. Two, I uninstalled both music player apps I have and it was still doing it on stock. Three, once I cleaned up my sd card and system it fixed all my problems, including that one. My external speakers work just like normal again.

anna

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones