1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[rom] blackao5p v2.2.1 updated 9/19/11

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by digdug1, Sep 5, 2011.

1. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

i liked this rom by dt so much i figured i would start its own thread instead of jacking the shift thread

So far I like black much better than shift. And I LIKED shift alot.
    It seems faster. Drawer scrolling is much improved. It also comes with adw ex.
    The only forcecloses I have had are from two of the paid apps he left for us. Better terminal and another that I would never use anyway. All my apps open fine.
    The store is missing.
    Though it really isn't needed. There is a ton of flashables in the God mode app from kernels to themes.

since droidtheory left in some paid apps he couldnt post on a forum.

here is a link:

BLACKAO5P V2.0 PERSONAL - Downloads - Th3oryRom

2.1 is the latest:

BLACKSOURC3 V2.1 PERSONAL - Downloads - TH3ORYROM

2.2 9/18/11

http://th3oryrom.com/ROMS/BLACKSOURCE_V2.2X_UPDATE_FINAL.zip

2.2.1 9/19/11

http://th3oryrom.com/ROMS/BLACKSOURC3_V2.2.1_UPDATE_FINAL.zip

jackdubl and Yeahha like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

There's really no reason to start a thread for a ROM that's not being supported. That's why I posted the link in the Shift thread rather than starting a new thread

3. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Users here offer as much support as anyone. Plus the other thread is a bit off topic with this.

But it really is good enough to have its own thread. Now I miss dt that much more :(

4. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Battery life also trumps shift. On shift I would lose 20+% overnight. I sat my phone down on 77% last night. This morning I'm on 75 :)

5. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

So it looks like this Rom isn't dead after all. DT is releasing 2.1 later tonight ;)
    According to DT this is his best build yet.

6. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I am running 2.0f shift and took the boot ani from this rom. I may flash 2.1 of this rom, depends on if it looks like others are being updated

7. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

i think both will be updated. while dhacker is taking over shift, dt is keeping black. he is really talking this one up. im excited!

droidth3ory: " I have been running Tiamats 1.1.2 all day, with my revamped RAMdisk and it is stupid fast and smooth, and the battery life is the best "I" have seen yet with a 75uv.

[​IMG] You guys will have options of course, but... I think I will keep what seems to run best cooked in."

8. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I think I might try it, even with my adversion to OMG roms :eek: I may even try not overclocking to see how that works.

9. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

dt: We just want a full out TH3ORYROM... CM7 has great features, AOSP(OMFGB) has great features, and we have great ideas of what we want. So, that really is the point of building our own source tree which me and dhacker have spent many late nights doing.

I have also reworked some of the MEM and RAM management tweaks of mine to flow better.

Those of you who have stuck around and know me are well aware I have NEVER made claims. But.... My build I am testing now is BY FAR the most fluid and speed induced experience I have ever had on my Tbolt. [​IMG]

I will put that in stone.

this will be a hybrid. perhaps you will like it better than a standard omg rom.

10. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Ooh sounds interesting. Will this hybrid be black 2.1 that is supposed to drop tonight? Sorry I don't feel like trolling XDA and rootz for info currently :D

11. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Yea. He is building black. Dhacker has taken over shift.

It may be called black 3. Not sure.

12. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Cool if it is released in the next 4 hours I may get a chance to flash it tonight, or I may get stuck playing games and kill my battery and have to flash it tomorrow morning..

13. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Three hours for me lol.

F5..F5..F5.....

14. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

My F5 went away a long time ago :( now it is just [F4] [ ] [F6]

15. SecondShot

SecondShot Android Enthusiast

What's up with the red font!?

Also, obviously you got your phone squared away dig...any feedback about your returned phone?

16. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

17. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Does he still have the paid apps in there?

18. Chillout2010

Chillout2010 Well-Known Member

What are you getting for an md5# I got: 899add99bac244a18e487f904b8dded2
    I tried to install it said the file had an error and aborted. I'm redownloading now to see if thats the problem.

19. Chillout2010

Chillout2010 Well-Known Member

Redownloaded and it gave me the same results. I hope I'm not alone here.

20. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I will try to download later and get the md5

21. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

899add99bac244a18e487f904b8dded2

Edit:
    Yeah same as yours, what recovery are you using. I don't know if I will get a chance to flash this tonight

22. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

what has to be wiped coming from ShiftTh3ory? anyone gotten away with just cache/dalvik? i really don't want to lose my data or format my system if it can be avoided. i am still loving Shift, but the allure of flashing something new is starting to get to me, lol.

23. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

You can try a dalvik and cache only wipe. Not sure if will cause issues or not. If you don't want to lose data and get issues try formatting system but not a factory reset

24. Thats

Thats That guy is This

So what I have read on the XDA thread, you are able to just wipe dalvik/cache on any of the SHIFTAoSP roms.

25. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

No you must also format system. I flashed fine using cw.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews