• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] BlackRockShooter 2.0 Released {12-25-12} (3.0 on the way)

sunsuke

Nov 2, 2012
Hey yall did you think I just forget you guys, well I didn't. But why a update didn't you do enough :(. Wow I thought I was doing something for you guys :mad:. XD ok enough playing around. As you can see I am updating all my ROMS I released so far to the community. So here is what I am going to do. The ROMS that have released to the latest will be released first. So Phone8 will be updated first, then Hello Venture, then Black Rock Shooter. Then I guess I will be done from there ^^' cause I don't think I will be making any modifications to them after that update so enjoy it while it last ;).

You Can Find The Download Links At The Bottom

The - stands for what i still need work on
The + stands for finished
The 0 stands for have not gotten their yet
The $ stands for what I am working on at the time being

credit:

Leslie Ann - For making the Aneneas ROM and Harmonia ROM. Without her work their would be nothing to flash.

Shabby Penguin - For how to install the CWM Recovery, without the recovery their would be no way to install a ROM that i know of ^^'

Dracable - For How to do the custom colors with UOT Kitchen and changing the framework and system UI without him I still be stuck changing the colors and status bar.

Welcome to the BlackRockShooter ROM, you probably know I am a anime lover if you haven't notice ^^'. I will be making other ROMS later after I am done with version 2.0 but doesn't mean the end of the BlackRockShooter Series. Anyways in this version if you want me to add anything you like send me request since I am themeing and already got all the apps prepared up included in the rom.

3.0 Not released yet:
*Changed Mms.apk to stocked Mms.apk [+]
*Fixed the Music.apk (RocketPlayer didn't play music files just needed a update) [-]
*Changed Boot on and off animation (It is now shorter) [-]
*Changed framework-res.apk and systemui.apk (don't like the new look? the old look will be uploaded as a flashable zip so you can just flash it on any rom you are on) [-]
*Changed Ringtone [-]
*Changed Notification tone [-]
*Changed + Fixed Battery Icon (changed to the regular star instead the purple star but the blue star will be the official since I will have a black background) [-]
*Took off my name on the bottom and just added the date when released [-]
*Changed Dolphin to Opera (will have 2 zips containing one of the two) [-]
*Changed Glow [-]
*Changed Font (some letters were not readable) [-]
*Changed Wallpaper [-]
*Replace Stock Calculator with realcalc (reason was while I was doing math in class the tan didn't do what I wanted it to do but realcalc did the job) [-]
*Updated MX Player codec and Mxplayer [-]
*Replace Gallery ICS with Quickpic [-]

Whats going be available to download:
Black Rock Shooter On and off boot from 2.0
Black Rock Shooter 3.0 (with Opera)
Black Rock Shooter 3.0 (with Dolphin)

2.0:
*The White Out ADW Theme [+]
*replaced market with Google Play By default (reason for this was because it did not act to well with dolphin when signing in to a Google account) [+]
*Added Android Terminal Emulator [+]
*Hacker Keyboard [+]
*New Color of volume [+]
*New Status bar [+]
*New Ringtone [+]
*New Text tone [+]
*Battery Notification [+]
*Custom Glow [+]
*remove touchpal input (deciding what touch keyboard to replace it with or just leaving it like that) [+]
*Added Task Manager [+]
*New Wallpaper by default [+]
*New Boot animations both on an off [+]
*New Battery Icon [+]
*remove memo.apk [+]
*Custom Font Color [+]
*ADW Glass Theme [+]
*Change ADW Launcher version to 1.3.3.7 [+]
*Font change [+]
*Mms changed to Go SMS PRO [+]
*Contacts replaced with go contacts [+]
*Boat Browser replaced with Dolphin Browser [+]
*Dolphin add-ons [+]
>compact page
>Desktop Toogle
>Dolphin Reader
>Dolphin Show IP
*Status bar Transparent [+]
*adding more to a theme [+]
*fixed battery percentage to be a little more accurate [+]
*and more...

BlackRockShooter joins up with WhiteRockShooter in 2.0. Explains why I also made it a little purple and pinkish in this version hope you like it. Let me Know If their is any bugs

6965032_orig.png
7583566_orig.png

1111301_orig.png
962254_orig.png

3990610_orig.png

1.1:
- This is just a quick fix, and replacing of some apps, no huge theming yet. No need to update.
*moving chainfire to data instead of app (was force closing) [reason why i added chain fire is so you can change color your screen to like green blue and red.]
*Myfiles replaced with File Manager (Can open .RAR and .ZIP)
*Gallery3D replaced with Gallery ICS (Gallery ICS loads the pictures faster)
*Camera replaced with Camera ICS
*stock browser replaced with Boat Browser (I found Boat Browser Faster) [might add in the stock browser if I have any problems or any body else]

1.0:
- initial release

What I Added:
Link2SD
3D Chainfire
AdAway
SD Booster
Titanium Backup
Wifi Tether (correct me if I am wrong, did not see that included in the ROM)

What I removed:
street
mobile id
GenieWidget
Maps
Office Suited
google books
pro tips
youtube

What I Changed:
default ringtone
default notifcation sound
Music.apk (Replaced with Rocket Player)
Videos Replaced with MX Player
Launcher replaced with ADW Launcher and added ADW Nofications
BlackRockShooter Boot Animation and Off Animation

If you want just the Boot animations their down below (2.0 boot animations are not included)

BlackRockShooter 2.0 link amount of Internal Storage (125mb):
Download [Venture] BlackRockShooter 2.0 [ROM].zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

BlackRockShooter 1.1 link amount Internal Storage (141mb):
Download [Venture] BlackRockShooter [Rom].zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

BlackRockShooter 1.0 link:
Download [Venture] BlackRockShooter [Rom].zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Boot Up Animation 1.0-1.1:
Download bootanimation.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Power off Animation 1.0-1.1:
Download poweroffanimation.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

sounds groovy! also, just a suggestion, u might wanna think twice about releasing a rom with 3d chainfire. i read up a bit on it and it is a requirement that u have a 1ghz+ processor. as we only have a 600mhz on the venture, i cant imagine it would run too hot. ;-) also, i noticed that it can potentially cause the phone to bootloop. like i said, just a suggestion. just wanted to make sure u read about that stuff before it went in ur rom. :) thanx for the contribution to the venture community! i plan on downloading and testing a bit later after i knock out a few things on my own rom!

Upvote 0
sounds groovy! also, just a suggestion, u might wanna think twice about releasing a rom with 3d chainfire. i read up a bit on it and it is a requirement that u have a 1ghz+ processor. as we only have a 600mhz on the venture, i cant imagine it would run too hot. ;-) also, i noticed that it can potentially cause the phone to bootloop. like i said, just a suggestion. just wanted to make sure u read about that stuff before it went in ur rom. :) thanx for the contribution to the venture community! i plan on downloading and testing a bit later after i knock out a few things on my own rom!

oh thanks XD didn't know I remeber having an HTC Wildfire S Marvelc and the phone is also too a 600 mhz processor but i had the oc kernel I had on it that made it 800 mhz i think it oc it to 800 mhz can't remember ^^'
it ran smooth on 3d chainfire

and theirs the screenshots

Attachments

• 20121127065110.png
    20121127065110.png
    129 KB · Views: 84
  • 20121127065152.png
    20121127065152.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20121127093400.png
    20121127093400.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
You don't have to make everything from pictures.

Download a rom with the icons you want, and then disassemble the APK files. APK's are just zip files. Open them up and use an image thumbnail or gallery tool to find the ones you need. Then all you have to do is possibly re-size them, and put them into your own APK files.

Wifi Tether comes on Harmonia, as Harmonia is meant as a complete, ready to use rom. Aeneas is meant for you to configure how you see fit and therefore comes with nothing but the underlying structure of Harmonia.

And congrats on the rom. :)
You may want to rephrase the title to something like this: [ROM] BlackRockShooter (Virgin) [Aeneas based]. The [ROM] part is the most important change due to the search engine. You do not have to put Aeneas in the title either.

Reactions: Dracable
Upvote 0
You don't have to make everything from pictures.

Download a rom with the icons you want, and then disassemble the APK files. APK's are just zip files. Open them up and use an image thumbnail or gallery tool to find the ones you need. Then all you have to do is possibly re-size them, and put them into your own APK files.

Wifi Tether comes on Harmonia, as Harmonia is meant as a complete, ready to use rom. Aeneas is meant for you to configure how you see fit and therefore comes with nothing but the underlying structure of Harmonia.

And congrats on the rom. :)
You may want to rephrase the title to something like this: [ROM] BlackRockShooter (Virgin) [Aeneas based]. The [ROM] part is the most important change due to the search engine. You do not have to put Aeneas in the title either.

oh thanks :)

Upvote 0
2.0:
*The White Out ADW Theme [+]
*replaced market with Google Play By default (reason for this was because it did not act to well with dolphin when signing in to a Google account) [+]
*Added Android Terminal Emulator [+]
*Hacker Keyboard [+]
*New Color of volume [+]
*New Status bar [+]
*New Ringtone [+]
*New Text tone [+]
*Battery Notification [+]
*Custom Glow [+]
*remove touchpal input (deciding what touch keyboard to replace it with or just leaving it like that) [+]
*Added Task Manager [+]
*New Wallpaper by default [+]
*New Boot animations both on an off [+]
*New Battery Icon [+]
*remove memo.apk [+]
*Custom Font Color [+]
*ADW Glass Theme [+]
*Change ADW Launcher version to 1.3.3.7 [+]
*Font change [+]
*Mms changed to Go SMS PRO [+]
*Contacts replaced with go contacts [+]
*Boat Browser replaced with Dolphin Browser [+]
*Dolphin add-ons [+]
>compact page
>Desktop Toogle
>Dolphin Reader
>Dolphin Show IP
*Status bar Transparent [+]
*adding more to a theme [+]
*fixed battery percentage to be a little more accurate [+]

If their is any bugs or something you want as a request in the 2.X version just let me know hope you like it enjoy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones