• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {ROM} Boost stock JELLY BEAN 4.1 cwm flashable and i added a full stock no root cwm backup

I would say this would work for anyone that has already successfully done the ota update and had the new partitions formatted already. If you are still on stock B09 roms then i wouldn't recommend it as it could likely brick the phone, in a worse case scenario at least

DimBulb the process to get the ota to work isnt all that hard.

1. Download the stock odexed B09 rom and flash it
2. leave cwm on the phone
3. download the ota from your phone when you get it
4. before installing the ota use root explorer and navigate to the cache folder in the root of the phone, copy the obscenely long file named zip to your sd card root and leave the one in the cache folder also
5. once copied and the file is in both places reboot to cwm recovery
6. do a factory reset
7. install the zip from your sd card and voila!

to maintain root you will need to download the root zip here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59319257/root.zip
then return to cwm and flash the root zip (credits to chevanlol360 for the root zip)

Also for anyone that missed it this is how you force the update to your phone

1. Go to settings > apps > all > Google Services Frameworks
2. Clear data and Force Stop Google Services Framework
3. Go to settings > system update > Update ZTE software
5. Get the update!

Could you maybe just maybe give me the link to a stock oxed rom? it wont work for the ones i used

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm going to try it since you worked on this and said you tested it OK. I still haven't received the update on my phone and I've been trying to force it since yesterday. I will let u know if it works OK. May not be til the morning bc it takes forever to download anything on my phone. If I don't reply (hopefully I will) then I can't get back on here bc my phone is the only way to do so. I'm downloading now which will take 2 hrs prolly *sigh*

Reactions: xxpako
Upvote 0
ok so this one actually worked for me. I flashed the stock B09. then i did a factory reset within cwm followed by flashing the rom. Then i flashed the partition zip from SuperR. loaded right up and im now on Jelly bean

EDIT: Also if anyone has issue flashign this rom i had to rename it and remove the space in the file name in order for it to flash properly.

Reactions: Hdjc28 and xxpako
Upvote 0
ok so this one actually worked for me. I flashed the stock B09. then i did a factory reset within cwm followed by flashing the rom. Then i flashed the partition zip from SuperR. loaded right up and im now on Jelly bean

EDIT: Also if anyone has issue flashign this rom i had to rename it and remove the space in the file name in order for it to flash properly.

tank you for testing rim gonna reupload the file tomorrow whitout the space

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones