1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ROM Builders

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by munkyshet, Apr 20, 2012.

1. munkyshet

munkyshet Lurker

Who are good rom builders for LG phones that are solid and fast?
    I already hit up cyanogenmod but who are some other?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

posting on cm's website doesnt even come close to getting you to a port of it. if you look through their forums its filled with people posting about how their phone should get it and how great their device is.

the truth of the matter is actually rather simple, either you or someone else who has the phone ports it. onc eit is working 100% and set up to how cm does things can you submit it to gerrit and then hope it gets accepted and tada! youll have official cm status.

dont worry only about 10% of android devices are granted official status, everyone else just has working builds that relys on teh devs to keep up to date :p

i honetsly dont expect a lot of people to pick this phone up as it is a ok device (not amazing but its not a prepaid nokia either). but have hope, im trying to see if i cant get the lg viper on sprint (first lte phone, so it will have a bigger userbase) and playfulgod has started working on the lg connect 4g on metropcs (teh metropcs version of teh lucid). so worst case is you guys can get some cm7/kernel off us ;P

3. bones420la

bones420la Android Enthusiast

try nitro from the lg nitro forums.. or mtmichaelson from the spectrum forum... they might be able to put something together for yall

4. avelis26

avelis26 Member

Any update on this?

5. blumeany

blumeany Well-Known Member

Haven't seen or heard anything positive, unfortunately. Doesn't seem to be much adoption for the Lucid. I think our best bet will be if one of the sister devices gets picked up (Viper, Connect, etc.), then it would be a fairly easy port I would think.

6. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

the connect is your best bet. the viper has root but no recovery and only 2 people active with the device on androidcentral :/

i figured a low end lte device on sprint might get more hits but apparently not. acs isnt willing to buy me one to work on :(. so if i were you guys id check out the connect forums to see anything cool you can grab :)

7. thisjustin

thisjustin Newbie

I still have that one I bricked if your interested. Maybe we can work something out, pm me.

8. avelis26

avelis26 Member

And I'm always up for testing if you want to work on something :)

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews