1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Rom change, status 0. Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brendon423, Sep 7, 2011.

1. brendon423

brendon423 Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    I recently bought the HTC Sensation (great phone, love the dual core) but with any Android-based phone, the battery life is kind of shotty. So I did a little research, found a few solutions that I've tried but have to to a dead end so I am asking the assistance of the Android Forum users.

I rooted via Revolutionary.io, installed CWM (5.02.0), installed busybox (via Busybox Installer from Android Market) busybox version 1.19.2-Stericson. I use Root Checker (Android Market) to verify that busybox is indeed there and that my phone is rooted, both check out fine.

My problem comes to installing a custom rom, in my perusing of the internet to find a battery solution and some more customization I found out about Skyraider 4.3 and Lou Kernel (1-9). Neither seem to want to install. I've tried installing Skyraider through Rom Manager and also manually. Both come up in a "Status 0" which I understand is an improper mount issue. I'm fairly new to all things root so I'm not exactly sure how to solve the issue. I've attempted unrooting my Sensation but it won't even read the zip to unroot. ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated, let me know if you need extra information about my system or the error itself. Much thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. mbatson89

mbatson89 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    UK
    Have you tried flashing through recovery as oppose to using ROM Manager? One thing i learnt from my days of using a Desire before the Sensation is do NOT use ROM Manager!

I also think you need to flash a different recovery as there are some issues with the 5.02.0 that revolutionary flashes IIRC. This is the guide i used: follow step #2 in the first post to flash the new recovery and then follow the below instructions to flash the ROM through recovery:

To Start Clockwork recovery
    1. EITHER make sure fastboot is disabled in settings and shut down your phone
    This can be done via Settings > Power> Untick "FAST BOOT" at the bottom.
    OR take out your battery and put it back in. (this is easier)
    2. Keep hold of the volume down button and switch your phone on.
    3. Hboot will start. Navigate to recovery with the vol down button. Press power button to select and enter recovery.

To install a Custom ROM - you will not lose data or apps with this method!

1. Download your chosen ROM by other developers in the development threads and copy the ZIP file to your SD Card ROOT directory
    2. Start clockworkmod recovery (instructions above)
    3. BACKUP YOUR ROM USING CWM BEFORE ATTEMPTING ROOT! (skip this step if you have already made a backup previously)
    4. Navigate to "install zip from sdcard" using the Volume Down button and press select (power button to select)
    5. Then select "Choose zip from sdcard"
    6. Then select "your_chosen_rom.zip"
    7. Then select "Yes - install your_chosen_rom.zip" to confirm
    8. Then go back
    9. Then reboot.
    10. First boot will take quite some time -This is normal, i know you want touch your nice shiny phone but BE PATIENT - ENJOY!

Let me know if you need any more help :)

3. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Technical Support
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    You do know Skyraider is not for the Sensation, don't you?