• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]--CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed ROM FRG22D v8.0 BUILT FROM SOURCE! HOT ! !

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, is it "CHARITY" or is it "Smoked Glass" ROM? Just occurred to me that I haven't been real sure WHAT to call it! :D

Not sure. Can't call it the smoked glass ROM because that's already been taken by the guy that made the smoked glass widgets (AdamZ). Charity ROM sounds sort of tacky. We should rename it. Any idea? My name is Dan. Shall we rename it Dan's ROM?

Upvote 0
Having a little glitch with the battery levels. The readings seem to be off using the same battery app from rom to rom. I can flash from one to another and I get different readings from this rom? Sometimes it will show 100% while others show 70 (the phone had been off the charger for a while) and sometimes it will be lower by 20-30%?

I reflashed the rom with a complete wipe and built all my files from scratch to make sure something was not being transfered over from another rom.

Upvote 0
Having a little glitch with the battery levels. The readings seem to be off using the same battery app from rom to rom. I can flash from one to another and I get different readings from this rom? Sometimes it will show 100% while others show 70 (the phone had been off the charger for a while) and sometimes it will be lower by 20-30%?

I reflashed the rom with a complete wipe and built all my files from scratch to make sure something was not being transfered over from another rom.

Run down the phone's battery until the phone shuts itself off
Plug it into the charger. Boot into recovery.
Go to advanced, and wipe battery stats.
Charge until it is full.
Unplug and use as normal.
At the end of the day, let it charge overnight.
It will take a day or two for the phone to figure out the battery situation. You will have an accurate read out and you should get about a day out of the phone's battery. I've almost hit two with moderately light use.

Note: make sure you have SetCPU installed and working.

Here's a screenshot of my settings. For my main profile i use 250-800 or 900.

ulXkJ.jpg

If you don't have SetCPU already, get it. You can either purchase it through the market (i recommend this) or download it from...
SetCPU for Root Users [2.0.3] It's over nine thousand 09/03/2010 - xda-developers

Now for the previous topic at hand, who wants to rename the ROM?

Upvote 0
Harsh! So do you have any plans for future updates or other roms?

Yes I'm working on it. Couple of cool new features. But I'm learning as I'm working, so it may be a week or two - I want to do it right the first time instead of having to backtrack steps. Any more suggestions for renaming the ROM?

I guess we will have to have a contest. Who ever comes up with the most clever name for the ROM will get a free copy.

Upvote 0
Yes I'm working on it. Couple of cool new features. But I'm learning as I'm working, so it may be a week or two - I want to do it right the first time instead of having to backtrack steps. Any more suggestions for renaming the ROM?

I guess we will have to have a contest. Who ever comes up with the most clever name for the ROM will get a free copy.

We can definitely wait a few weeks for updates seeing as the rom is pretty dam near perfect now. So its all good. And thats a good idea. Im brainstorming on names rite now.
"A Dan Good ROM"
"Morning Dew"
I'll keep thinking haha

Reactions: vastateofmind
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones