1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM ]--CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed V.10 !! Froyo 2.2.1 - Fast, Stable, & Great Battery Life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dew912, Nov 3, 2010.

?

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

1. 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. carassius

carassius Well-Known Member

I usually just "install ROM from SD card" with ROM manager. Or, select "download ROM" from ROM manager and look for slayher or chevy...probably others in there.

I don't know that I have applied a kernel from within clockwork, but I am pretty sure you don't need to rename.

And you don't have to wipe data or cache with a kernel.

You may need to adjust your settings in setcpu, though, if you're using it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to try flashing that new kernel in a bit.

Edit: Worked like a charm. :) I tried Chevy's 1.25 GHz ULV Kernel. I was planning on grabbing something to eat to get my mind off of my Droid while it booted just in case it would take a long time, but it actually booted up extremely fast. And my scores drastically improved in Quadrant Standard.

3. auwin23

auwin23 Lurker

Can anyone explain how to get Apps2SD to work with this ROM? I have already created a FAT32 and EXT3 partition on my SD card but I don't know how to access the EXT3 partition for Apps2SD to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

4. interfac9

interfac9 Lurker

OK ladies.... Million dollar question.... Again I BEG of you... How do I change the lockscreen BACK to the original tabbed sliders??? I HATE the rotary lockscreen, but I LOVE this ROM. I was able to bastardize v8.4 to give me back the tab, but It doesn't work anymore. Please please PLEASE someone rescue me from rotary purgatory. Dew, the ROM is BANGIN'... Again :0)

5. carassius

Ok, tested battery life. I am not sure if my use is really representative of most users or not.

I went about 17 hours to 10%. This was with only about 30 minutes of talking on phone, 0 texts, 3-5 gmails sent, maybe 10 or so emails received, maybe 1 hour off and on of games (mainly angry birds nowadays), some web surfing, possibly other stuff I can't remember.

Turned out better than I thought.

Again, this is using slayhers kernel @ 1100...I think it's the one I got through ROM manager, but may have downloaded from the source.

dew912 likes this.
  6. dew912

dew912 Android Enthusiast

Any requests for changes in the ROM?

7. interfac9

interfac9 Lurker

Can you build it on the droid ROM now that it's out??? I know the original leak was for the Nexus One, but now that the Droid leak has hit the streets... :D

8. white0ut442

white0ut442 Newbie

ok I'm currently at 24 hours, and am only down to 60%, after a day of use including calls, an hour of pretty heavy gaming (nfs shift, pocket legends). this is good. Very fast and smooth, and I'm coming from LFY
    I'm on the 1.1ghz ulv kernel

9. auwin23

auwin23 Lurker

Native support for apps2ext can't seem to get it to work in the current rom.

10. carassius

Wow, that's great. My phone wasn't terrible with the ulv, but just "off" enough that I figured a change was necessary.

11. ptcfast2

ptcfast2 Lurker

-Possibly offer the stock android lock screen as a default, the rotary lock screen as an option/replacement. The rotary one does not work with users who modify their DPI. (Or offer it the other way around...) :)
    -Change the bootsplash to the Droid 2/Droid X version. New version looks cleaner/nicer IMO.
    -Make the battery icon display percentages by default.

interfac9 likes this.
  12. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Android Enthusiast

What exaclty is the "minimum brightness hack" listed in the change log?

13. vastateofmind

vastateofmind Newbie

DEW, don't know if this is something you can fix, but I've noticed that when I attach pictures taken by DroidCam stored in my Gallery, it is attaching them with "incorrect" orientation (i.e., rotated to one side or another). Don't know if this is something you can even tweak on a ROM-level, but it is mildly annoying...

14. dew912

It lowers the value of the lowest brightness level when using automatic brightness. Saves battery, and more importantly its easier on the eyes. At least for me....

15. Last2No

Last2No Newbie

Ok, here's my dilemma, I have an Alltel Milestone A854 running 2.1 update 1. I really would like to have Bluetooth dialing since I just switched from a Touch Pro, which had BT dialing, that I put WM 6.5 on. This droid is my daily user and tool for work. I had no problem flashing 6.5 on the TP but I am hesitant to alter this phone. It works really well, in comparison, and I don't want to be one of the few who make a brick. Does anyone have some experienced advice? Should I just put up with no BT dialing, wait for an update that may not happen or flash this rom?

16. glhelinski

glhelinski Lurker

this ROM is very nice. i would love to see this ROM made "theme-able". i must admit, i'm a sucker for all the good lookin icons of themes. is it possible to theme it in it's current state?

17. twistedlim

twistedlim Android Expert

Add an adjustment to the min brightness. Start out at stock and let the adjustment take you to where you want to go ala what chevy, blackdroid and liquid are doing. That is the only thing that holds me up. I know you posted the fix but I just can't get it to work (I am tech challenged).:) I think 5 is too low for most people but I could be wrong. I just don't find myself using it in total darkness to hassel with having the brighness so low. I guess for those who do it saves a lot of battery but most of my use is in well lit rooms and when I am using it where it is dark I always have to bump up the brightness.

18. glhelinski

glhelinski Lurker

i'm torn between ultimate droid 2 and this one. this one is winning becasue of its speed and lack of bloat (which really means better battery life).

things i like about ultimate droid 2 that i wish i could have in this one..... changing fonts, disable camera sound, disable ads in apps, compcache support, black list of calls and the rest are purely visual. i mentioned before was the ability to theme it (fancier icons, status bar colors).

19. downstat

downstat Newbie

My first ROM, loaded perfectly. I am using LauncherPro, and when I reboot, it defaults to the native Launcher. I hit the HOME key, and it brings back up LauncherPro. However, my widgets will not load. Grey box with Unable to load (or something like that). How do I fix that, most importantly, and the reboot straight to LauncherPro? Thanks

*Edit: I may have just fixed it by reinstalling launcher pro.

20. mcadam

mcadam Well-Known Member

Love this rom. Fastest I've used and the best battery life too. I would like to see a "light" theme though. I'm a sucker for the light status bar.

21. carassius

I ran into this in another forum. Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for...

WidgetLocker Lockscreen $1.99

I personally like the rotary, though.

interfac9 likes this.
  22. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

If you don't mind me asking, what is your profiles optimized for? Speed and battery? Also, I loaded your profiles and clicked "enable" but do I need to slide the overclock on the main page to 1100? Do I select interactive?

I installed the ROM from the first page of this thread. Is this the latest and greatest?

23. dew912

Optimized for a good balance.
    Yes, you need to chose interactive from the main page with your desired speed.

...and what's posted here is the most recent version of the ROM

24. dew912

working on a new version

stmartin84, mjon13, jdk2 and 2 others like this.
  25. interfac9

interfac9 Lurker

-wringing hands in anticipation-

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews