1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM ]--CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed V.10 !! Froyo 2.2.1 - Fast, Stable, & Great Battery Life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dew912, Nov 3, 2010.

?

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

1. 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AutoShadow

AutoShadow Member

I'm excited for your new release, I'm loving v10 right now too. Will I need to wipe cache/data before installing your newest update, once you release it?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dew912

dew912 Android Enthusiast

No need to wipe data/cache

3. AutoShadow

AutoShadow Member

Sweet, I'm down to test out your ROM if you need someone to 'beta' test it.

4. dew912

Ok, i will PM you a download link tomorrow if all goes well

5. bassmankc

bassmankc Newbie

bring on the beta brother! awesome work!

6. I would love to help test as well. I've been getting bored with the phone and trying new things, even bootlooped myself. :l

7. Jeffery

Jeffery Android Enthusiast

Is this fixed?

8. Jeffery

Jeffery Android Enthusiast

I would be willing to test whenever you are ready too!

9. linuxmel

linuxmel Member

Installed this rom, and working great. I understand this rom will provide good battery life. Have not had it long enough to comment on the battery.
    Question: Is there another Kernel I can get for this rom that wifi tethering may work with?

thanks

10. Last2No

Last2No Newbie

dew,

You can add me to the test list.

11. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

has anyone tried loading a different chevy kernel on this rom other than the one that comes with the rom? I have the stock LV 1.1 ghz, but thinking about speeding it up a bit with the 1.2 or even the 1.25 LV. Have any of you tried this? I've noticed that if my phone is asleep for awhile and someone calls my phone doesn't wake up for the call. The caller goes straight to voicemail. Since then I've upped my sleep screen setting in setCPU from 250 to 400. I wonder if that will fix the problem.

On a side note, I've used UD 1.0 for a couple months. It was very nice but this ROM blows it out of the water in relation to battery life. Speed is about the same.

Good job Mr. Developer!

12. bassmankc

bassmankc Newbie

Im runnin chevy's ulv 1.2 and all is good but we all know every D1 is different

13. stmartin84

I just loaded 1.2 and it seems like it's ok for now. I'll give it a couple of days and see how my droid behaves. I am getting random bootsloops on occasion (before I loaded 1.2 ghz)

14. pizz1000

pizz1000 Newbie

You guys talked me into trying this ROM. Loving it so far. I came from UD1 but was having phone reception issues - seems to be back to normal with this ROM. Look forward to comparing battery life.

15. If you still wanted to go with the 1.25 GHz, I flashed Chevy's ULV 1.25 GHz kernel right after I got this ROM and it's been nothing but perfection.

16. stmartin84

Coming from UD1, I was liking that ROM quite a bit, however the battery life really stunk. With SG it's quite good. Make sure you load the profiles for setSPU from the developer.

17. Eh... I'm not really worried about battery life. It already lasts long enough for me. And I also noticed that I don't even have an Interactive Governor.

18. BmanCV60

BmanCV60 Member

Made the leap from UD .8, like the speed increase, videos and games are much smoother now! It's only been on an hour or two but there were a few things I've wondered about:

* I use a clock and battery widget; any way to turn clock/battery off in status bar?

* The home screens do not auto rotate - by design?

* I use Handsent SMS; when I made a backup of the ROM using Clockwork and rebooted, the SMS chat I had running since the install was gone - left with what was there from my backup this evening.

* After reboot all screens were moved to the right by one page, which left me with an empty page on the far right. Will this happen every time?

When I installed did wipe cache and data, allowed apps to restore then added what did not come back via Titanium. Any opinion/help is appreciated!

19. dew912

You should have the interactive governor option

20. I know for a fact that the kernel from the ROM gave me the interactive option, but ever since I flashed the new kernel, the option doesn't show anymore.

Attached Files:

21. dew912

That would make sense. I thought you were saying the ROM itself did not give you the option for interactive. What kernel did you chose to flash?

22. dew912

clock / battery check out [Release] xUltimate - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

auto-rotate check out settings

Not sure what you're asking about sms

What launcher are you using? It should not move everything right a page. I recommend Launcher Pro. It also has an option to backup your homescreens so you can also flash the backup file from SD-card if you wipe data/cache.

What's your question about restoring apps?

BmanCV60 likes this.
  23. Chevy's 1.25 GHz ULV

24. dew912

Use the one from here:

Index of /froyo/kernels2

2.2.1 seems to work a lot better with interactive kernels

25. Yep, that's exactly where I got it from, so idk what's wrong.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews