• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM ]--CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed Version 11 !! Froyo 2.2.1 FRG83D

Hmm having issues with v11. I just updated to it from v10, i did not clear out everything prior to updating (which will be by next move depending on responses etc.) but it seems that my wifi can no longer connect to sources. It just endlessly attempts to with no connection ever occuring. I tried a different kernel (slayher which is what I used before) but to no glory... seem to be stable too other than this small problem.

I'm calling it a night though and will need to deal with this tomorrow after work (no wifi isn't a big issue since I rarely use it anyway).

Everything else seems great though and this update seems slightly faster than v10. Thanks for the great work!

Upvote 0
Hmm having issues with v11. I just updated to it from v10, i did not clear out everything prior to updating (which will be by next move depending on responses etc.) but it seems that my wifi can no longer connect to sources. It just endlessly attempts to with no connection ever occuring. I tried a different kernel (slayher which is what I used before) but to no glory... seem to be stable too other than this small problem.

I'm calling it a night though and will need to deal with this tomorrow after work (no wifi isn't a big issue since I rarely use it anyway).

Everything else seems great though and this update seems slightly faster than v10. Thanks for the great work!

I had same exact problem and had to do a wipe in order to get my wifi to work again.

I must say, this ROM is very well done!

Upvote 0
Here's a screenshot of v11 (note I am using Beautiful Widgets and LauncherPro):

CAP201011260023.jpg

Upvote 0
For what it's worth.... I lost my wifi connection again this morning and it wouldn't connect back up to my wireless router. I'm positive it had nothing to do with the ROM this time and everything to do with a different program (Juice Defender). I was able to fix it just by putting my phone on airplane mode then switching back to wifi. It's worth a shot for those who are still having wifi issues.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth.... I lost my wifi connection again this morning and it wouldn't connect back up to my wireless router. I'm positive it had nothing to do with the ROM this time and everything to do with a different program (Juice Defender). I was able to fix it just by putting my phone on airplane mode then switching back to wifi. It's worth a shot for those who are still having wifi issues.

Wifi still not connecting. I have tried mutiple wipes, airplane mode and fresh sd card. Nothing has made a difference. I have no issues connecting with the 2.1.1 factory rom. With this rom my phone doesn't see the security correctly. It only sees my router as WEP or Open, not WPA. If I set my router to either I still can not connect.

Upvote 0
Wifi still not connecting. I have tried mutiple wipes, airplane mode and fresh sd card. Nothing has made a difference. I have no issues connecting with the 2.1.1 factory rom. With this rom my phone doesn't see the security correctly. It only sees my router as WEP or Open, not WPA. If I set my router to either I still can not connect.

Try WPA/WPA2 PSK

Upvote 0
I originally had the same wifi problems, but restarting the phone fixed it thankfully. I also did a full drain and wiped battery stats yesterday. Today I'm at 15 hours since unplugged at 70% battery left after about 6 minutes of talk time, a bit of texting, twitter, facebook, and 45 minutes of display usage.

So far this ROM is running great for me. I don't think it's quite as snappy as liquid was for me, but the better battery life and nicer theme will make me stay here a bit.

Upvote 0
Try WPA/WPA2 PSK

Wifi is no issue with the stock rom, any security or none. With the stock rom the phone identifies and connects. I have manually added the settings on the phone and it will not connect. It continues to identify the security as WEP. Setting my router to alternates doesn't help and as you could see would be counter-productive for other sites I can not adjust. Full wipes of system and sd card have not helped but all restores of stock rom work with no issues.

Update:
Switched to a completely different kernel type, started seeing momemtary connect tries. Looked over my CradlePoint router settings and reset the mode to mixed 802.11b & 802.11g. The list had included 802.11n. I get a connection with ease now. I suppose the stock rom handled that differently.

All issues resolved thanks to everyone.

Upvote 0
My battery life is awesome... 60% left after 20h 17m 37s. I'm using Chevy's Ulv 1.1 Ghz kernel and dew912's setcpu profile.

I listened to music for about 4 hours, made calls and texts, and used the browser!

EDIT: Are there any Chevy Ulv kernels that are interactive using SetCPU?

Copied from the Ultimate Droid 2.1 thread:

I have an older version of the kernel, but I will link you to the newer version. Hold on just a few.

Ok, here are two links for you:

These are the most recent. They do not have an interactive governor, but are just as good:
Index of /froyo/kernels3

These are a little older, but do have an interactive governor:
Index of /froyo/kernels2

Kratos

Upvote 0
My battery life is awesome... 60% left after 20h 17m 37s. I'm using Chevy's Ulv 1.1 Ghz kernel and dew912's setcpu profile.

I listened to music for about 4 hours, made calls and texts, and used the browser!

EDIT: Are there any Chevy Ulv kernels that are interactive using SetCPU?

If you are getting such good battery life, why would you want to change to another kernel?
There are other Ulv ones out there? Just wondering, thanks!

Upvote 0
I guess you have a point. I had just been reading about the interactive kernels being better.

This is definitely the best ROM I have used!

Guess it could not hurt to try different ones that may increase performance, and stil maintain good battery life. You cab always come back to the one you know works. As someone else stated here, this is not the snappiest rom, but the battery life is well worth it. The performance is more than enough for it. Let us know if you try other kernels and how they performed for you. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones