1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM ]--CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed Version 12 !! Gingerbread 2.3.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dew912, May 28, 2011.

1. backs4iu

backs4iu Member

Go into settings and turn on wireless, and turn it back off and then your power bar widget will work. No idea why it works......it just does :)

Techno Tonis likes this.
  2. docdl

docdl Newbie

This is the first Gingerbread ROM I try that doesn't give me any LP lag/redraws. I had given up and gone back to Froyo. Really nice work! Feels like a new phone again - which is one of the best things about flashing new ROMS.

3. dew912

dew912 Android Enthusiast

Update !! - Version 12.1
    Charity121.zip

Changelog:
    New kernel (thanks to ChevyNo1) ROM is faster, smoother, cooler, and battery life is even better!
    added fix for bluetooth commands (new audio drivers)
    added copy all to context menu
    various other bug fixes / improvements

4. mjoshea148

mjoshea148 Newbie

Dew - thanks!

Installed and tested bluetooth - from my end it still doesn't have any voice at the prompt. Is there something I should be doing to enable?

Mike

5. Techno Tonis

Techno Tonis Well-Known Member

With the new ChevyNo1 kernels, is their still any advantage to using SetCPU, or is using it counter productive?

6. dew912

PM me your email address

7. Sportster

Sportster Android Enthusiast

So,as with most GB roms I've tried,the multitasking isn't right. Has anyone tried to multitask with this? I'd like to see pandora, wifi tethering and navigation all going at the same time...do this without closing em in the background,I might be interested in trying this....but as with most,I doubt it'll work.

8. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

Well, I installed yesterday and played with it quite a bit. Seems fast...and stable, no FC so far. However, one MAJOR issue since I installed. My home network won't show up in wifi. I get other networks appearing randomly, and mine showed up under my old rom (SS 4.? - been a while...LOL). But I can't find my network now :-(
    I've tried turning off/on the wifi, rebooting, rebooting router, all my other devices see the network....but not this. Any suggestions?

9. dacama

dacama Lurker

Replied on another board with same question, but seems more traffic here.

Just installed this rom, great ROM...loving it. However, I'm wondering how I could match my facebook widget with the other smoked glass themed widgets already installed?

Any help would be awesome! Thanks again for this ROM

10. oz73942

oz73942 Lurker

Hello eveybody, (first time joiner, long timer follow) :)
    Running v12 and so far no problems, smooth and super fast.

Thank you for all your work, looking forward to donating!

11. stonecoldxlh

stonecoldxlh Newbie

Had a problem with Google Street View not working, but after removing it and reinstalling it 3 times it finally started working. I depend on this tool way too much... I'm not sure how I got along without it.

This ROM Rocks the house! FAST, Cooler, Swifter, no LaunchPad hangs or hesitations... It just works and works very good.

-Stone.

12. josh3ber

josh3ber Newbie

Hi. I've been using Charity V11 for months and just made the switch to V12.1.
    I'm liking it, but I do have some issues. They are:
    1) the built-in keyboard doesn't light up at all
    2) I get a force close when I try to access "about phone" in settings
    3) although it's supposed to run cooler, my phone goes above 100 degrees
    when I access the internet, facebook, market, etc.
    4) the battery is draining faster than on V11

Any help with these would be great. Thanks.

13. Techno Tonis

Techno Tonis Well-Known Member

I noticed all of these issues too, mainly the light-up keyboard not working. My phone doesn't FC when I try and access the "about phone" section, though.

14. dew912

Reinstall
    First, wipe cache, system partition, boot partition, data partition, davlik cache, and battery stats
    I'm running the same ROM on the same hardware w/o those issues\
    that should fix it, let me know

15. josh3ber

josh3ber Newbie

I wiped everything, to the best of my knowledge. No more force closes, but the keyboard still doesn't light up. Oh well.

16. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Anybody else having problems going from 12 to 12.1 without wiping everything.

17. I dont get the FCs but my keyboard also doesnt light up. Also is there a way to get battery percent?

18. tobiasg

tobiasg Newbie

I have been struggling to find a snappy rom where both my banking camera app and Google music seem happy. So far so good. Only thing I see from time to time is the min brightness is quite low, also saw this on SS 5.4- a quick click of the auto brightness off then on seems to fix it - but a little annoying.

19. demontime

demontime Lurker

I agree, the auto brightness gets very dim. Other than that, it seems to be good!

20. snipermoose22

snipermoose22 Lurker

Went from using ultimate droid 3.2 to this and this rom is so much more stable and fast! the only things are me getting used to LauncherPro and I miss the rotary wheel unlock with the option to add an app that opens on drag down, and I get camera noises on boot but other that this is very well done. Does anyone know where to get custom icons packs for LauncherPro and how would I install them?

21. Gunner

Gunner Android Enthusiast

Would like to continue to use this ROM, but I'm having reboots during phone calls....major showstopper. Also sometimes get reboots as a call is coming in, or immediately after a call has ended. Never seen this before on any ROM.

Think I've got to give up the dream that is GB, and head back to Froyo 'till the Droid 3 comes out.

22. dew912

i know what causes this, fixing it soon

23. zeroibis

zeroibis Newbie

Thanks for getting this new version out! I look forward to updating my phone after you release the next patch :D

24. tobiasg

tobiasg Newbie

Anyone running SetCPU with this? I am not at the moment and sometimes the snappiness is not quite there - But it is smooth and everything works that I need which is something I haven't been able to say about the other GB ROMS I have recently tried.

25. dew912

Download link: CHARITY ROM 12.3

Version 12.3 Changelog from 12.1

added battery sound switch
    fixed radio crash in settings
    new version of filemanager
    new version of gallery3d (cyan)
    bluetooth fix - sort of
    add wifi adhoc support
    new date/time picker
    fix phone crash
    improve usb mass storage
    hardcore optimization

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews