• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][CM10.2][JB4.3.1][JLS36I] Beanstalk Build 4.3.1015 [10/26]

I do them all manually, not to familiar with build box

A build box is just where ever you're building on. If it's dedicated, you can setup a cron job to run a bash script which runs your repo sync/git pull, copies whatever you may need to copy around, builds, then if you're able to push to your host by script... pushes to a host. If not, it would at least give you a build that you could upload without having to do the work by hand.

Pretty much anything you're doing on linux (with the exception of manually editing files) should be able to be scripted. Cron is just the daemon which runs tasks at scheduled times.

It may be easier to do it like this. Though if you're not great with scripting, it may cause you more headaches than it's worth.

Upvote 0

WARNING: NOT RESPOSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE EXPLODES, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE, YOUR RESPONSIBLE AND KNOW THE RISKS BEFOREHAND!

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by myself. This is a build composed off of the CM10.1 builds and i have added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

ALL CREDITS GO TO scott.hart.bti, I JUST BUILD AND PORT TO THIS DEVICE

MAIN FEATURES
-CM based
-HALO from paranoidandroid
-PIE navigation
-App sidebar
-Dark and Light theme switch
-Gesture lock screen option
-Lockscreen shortcuts
-Build.prop Mod options in settings
-Dual Pane Settings
-Battery pop-up warning sign customization
-Fully customize navigation bar
-Per app dpi settings

FULL FEATURE LIST

CM based
HALO floating window from Paranoidandroid
Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
Customizable Lockscreen text color
Lockscreen rotation
Option to enable all widgets
Minimize lockscreen challange
Use widget carousel
Slider Shortcuts
Static Lockscreen shortcuts
Lockscreen button actions
LCD Density
Scroll elasticity options
Default App grip option
Custom Carrier label
Dual Pane options
Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
Status bar color and transparency
Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
Breathing SMS option
Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
Do not disturb option
Show notification count
Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
High end graphic effects option
option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
Low battery warning customizable options
Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
Less frequent Notification sounds options
CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
Enable/disable wake up on charge option
Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
CM Performance options and features
About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
Numerous other options hidding throughout the build
INSTALLATION
-Download ROM
-Download GAPPS
-Copy ROM and GAPPS to device
-Reboot to recovery
-Coming from different rom, wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache
-Coming from older beanstalk version, wipe both caches (wipe data for fresh install, optional though)
-Flash ROM and GAPPS
-Flash custom kernel if you want to
-Finally reboot and enjoy!

DOWNLOADS

Attached are some Screenshots

HELLO!!! I have the LG SPECTRUM VS920 running ICS I think (4.0.4). Is this ROM for me? Will it work on my phone? I have spent the last 7 days searching and reading, looking for a semi-simple method of rooting this phone, and either having the ability to customize what I have, or install a custom ROM that will give me some FREEDOM!

Thank you for listening, and for all of your hard work at this forum.

Upvote 0
HELLO!!! I have the LG SPECTRUM VS920 running ICS I think (4.0.4). Is this ROM for me? Will it work on my phone? I have spent the last 7 days searching and reading, looking for a semi-simple method of rooting this phone, and either having the ability to customize what I have, or install a custom ROM that will give me some FREEDOM!

Thank you for listening, and for all of your hard work at this forum.

Yes it will work but you have to root and unlock bootloader first. See the instructions posted in the reply to your post in the "post noob questions here" thread

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: klembo1957
Upvote 0
Hey Azoller, first of all I live this ROM. Very smooth and the best battery I've had yet on a JB ROM. My only question is I noticed my max processor speed is 1.5. Do you recommend a different kernel I use to over clock or should I stick with this one? Kind of a noob so sorry if this a stupid question. Can't wait for the new build of Beanstalk. Thanks again

Upvote 0
I had some random reboots with that kernel. I gave It a shot for a couple of days. Changed kernels and haven't had a random reboot since. This is a great ROM. I haven't had any problems with the apps I use. Great Job... Thanks

Hey what Kernel did you change to to fix your issues? also does Wifi tether and BT work on this ROM youre using? I'm having alot of problems with what i have? I have CM 10.1 ....Pacman was a disaster for me too...can i change to any kernel?

Upvote 0
I know it might not be ever possible, but if you can please keep battery life in mind...

Well I can't do much for battery on the rom side it's more on how you use your phone and kernel settings for battery, but I'll try and get battery optimizations like toolchains or something else

Azoller is right. Probably 75% of getting good battery life depends on your settings and usage. 20% comes from having a good kernel and the other 5% is from the rom.

Upvote 0
Trigger or Zoller, do either of you have any pointers or know of a resource which helps us understand which settings are killing our batteries? I'm using Icy 5.0 now because of the battery life but I dig the Beanstalk ROM, only problem is with minimal use, by the late afternoon, I sometimes need a sip from AC to get me through the day...... Can't wait for the new release.

Upvote 0
Trigger or Zoller, do either of you have any pointers or know of a resource which helps us understand which settings are killing our batteries? I'm using Icy 5.0 now because of the battery life but I dig the Beanstalk ROM, only problem is with minimal use, by the late afternoon, I sometimes need a sip from AC to get me through the day...... Can't wait for the new release.

I use Better Battery Stats. It will let you see exactly what is using battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones