• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]CM10 - Boost Force[WIP]

well they can tell if i use the phone for internet on my computer and theyve started watching me now. if i keep doing as i have theyll disconnect my phone altogether. so it kinda puts a damper on researching, downloading, and uploading builds

That's stupid... You have a phone with that capability... So what's the big deal? -_-

Upvote 0
I'm sorry about your problems with Boost. :( They never used to be strict about tethering, but I guess they changed their policy. :/

Just reporting in to say thanks for building this because we missed having CM on a phone. Nice speeds and the screen is more responsive! Did find a glitch I'm not sure others are having? Clicking on the Storage tab under Settings forces a crash. Just thought you'd like to know. :)

Upvote 0
I'm sorry about your problems with Boost. :( They never used to be strict about tethering, but I guess they changed their policy. :/

Just reporting in to say thanks for building this because we missed having CM on a phone. Nice speeds and the screen is more responsive! Did find a glitch I'm not sure others are having? Clicking on the Storage tab under Settings forces a crash. Just thought you'd like to know. :)

First post in the known bugs box.

Upvote 0

Last year, they implemented the fact that they are going to dial us down after 2.5g of data usage. Before then, they never did. Now, it's shit... lol. So, im assuming since that happened, they got strict on that, too...Probably one of the main reasons they finally implemented that, because of people doing what junkie was doing. But you know what? If you have a phone thats capable, ****** do it. Thats what it's for. -.- I hate the idiots at Boost Mobile.. lol. If it wasn't for the fact im down to 40 bucks a months right now, i'd leave them and go to metro PCS just out of spite. Lmfao

Upvote 0
Fact. Metro coverage is severely lacking in most places. T-Mobile bought them out and their coverage is spotty as well, at least in most of Florida anyways. Metro is great if you spend your whole life/career in the same place. Most ppl don't, tho.

I've had decent (voice) coverage where ever I've gone with boost, I don't plan on going out of the city much and even when I was in the sticks I had enough coverage to make calls in the bad areas.

Upvote 0
Also found a workaround for the proximity sensor issue. There's an app that let's you switch to the light sensor. You can set it to only run during phone calls if you're worried about battery drain. Tested and working. No more cheek hang ups lol.

Also figured out a workaround for tethering to my ps3. Oh yea and USB mass storage, Hell yea. I hated mtp. So slow and I couldn't transfer files to my ps3.

So yea. I'm definitely sticking with cm 10.

Upvote 0
Also found a workaround for the proximity sensor issue. There's an app that let's you switch to the light sensor. You can set it to only run during phone calls if you're worried about battery drain. Tested and working. No more cheek hang ups lol.

Also figured out a workaround for tethering to my ps3. Oh yea and USB mass storage, Hell yea. I hated mtp. So slow and I couldn't transfer files to my ps3.

So yea. I'm definitely sticking with cm 10.

whats the app called?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones