• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs [ROM] CM11 V4.4.4 UnOfficial For The ZTE Mustang Z998 With New Kernel Add On

First thank you so much guys for starting rom development for z998. It has been over an year now since I got this phone and there wasnt any development going on but thanks to you guys, I have some hope!
Now a question regarding this cm11 rom.. How do I flash it?
I have updated to kitkat. But now antutu benchmark has lowered from 16100 to 15400/14910.. I will root the phone and remove the bloatware via system app remover.
I will see if rooting with philz touch works for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried that but no go i need a update zip or something cuz i can only access stock recovery and use adb sideload or fastboot but i have no clue how to use fastboot or even get into it. I followed stedman420's insteuctions but it dont work

Is it possible to use the official software update downloader. It will get you the 4.4.4 update and work fine as long as you can boot into FTM mode. All the details are here: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB422359&cv=820

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones