• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][CM9 KANG][Alpha] Updated 3.5.5---6/27/12

Ayeee wtf happened to the progress on this ish! Mann ive been gone and came back and still looks like rosie o donalds exercise room... Dead and dusty! I will work on some thangs i wanted to get out there... Aint really much but ehh... Dude so i seen that the optimus v has jellybean ported... Isnt it an armv6 device? Im sure our prevail can handle jellybean

Upvote 0
Heheeeee!
I don't know too much about paperweights
I have a lot of coasters for beer cans
I use old america online cds for them!
As for a bomb reefa and crabs on nutts
I'm from the old school dude born in 62 when you can get an ounce of reefs for around 35 and some bearded clam with her pipes clean for free if you sharedsome reefa
N be smiling the rest of the day brighter than the sun
Schweeeeeet

Upvote 0
I too think most gave up on this rom, but there are some drivers out but I haven't heard any word if they work right,they supposed to help with video play back.To me this is one of the best roms,so I hope someone can pick this up and finish it.I been looking to see how to develop so I can help but my newborn is taking a lot of my time.

Upvote 0
I tell ya riflez I miss the days when Hroark was workin his magic and also the other devs. Hroark has a real talent and a way to help you understand whats going on!
I give applause for the ones that stepped up in the place of the missing devs.
What keeps me here is that I luv changing my phone ALL the time! AND,no "CON"tract with it!
Maybe all the action will comeback some day!?!
PEACE

Upvote 0
Hey guys I know this says experienced users, but I was wondering if this is suitable for every day use? Also I am currently running CTMod 3.68 and was wondering if like that rom this rom can use an external partition as internal storage, basically if you can install kouma kernal on this?

u can install kato kernel on this just there is 2 one for sd ext aND the other withoug sd ext

Upvote 0
but ext kernel is not needed. dt apps2sd is built in which keeps the rom from bootlooping if ext partition isn't present and overclocking and swap work.

Wait that is not exactly like the kouma kernal. I tried installing it and did not work. That app though does not set the sd-ext as /data. It also shows sd ext partition as 160 mb with 2 mb free and internal memory as 159 mb. Thats wrong cause i remember making a 2nd partition of 1024mb that is not showing up.

Upvote 0
Wait that is not exactly like the kouma kernal. I tried installing it and did not work. That app though does not set the sd-ext as /data. It also shows sd ext partition as 160 mb with 2 mb free and internal memory as 159 mb. Thats wrong cause i remember making a 2nd partition of 1024mb that is not showing up.

Hi,

did you check DATA in the koumasettings, then booted into CWM recovery and format the sd-ext ? If yes, and if it still doesn't show you more memory, install koumamod1.7.apk in CWM ! ( that helped me fix it )

Good luck

when did kouma make a cm9 compatable kernel:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0

it worked. it's similar to koumakernel in ssm mode. you would check actual space used with terminal command df. the rom mounts /sd-ext as /system/sd where it moves the app and dalvik-cache folders.

that said, i haven't tried the rom with an sdext kernel. i would probably remove the a2sd scripts to be sure there won't be any mounting issues. if you try it let us know if it works out.

or you could wait a little longer (probably tomorrow afternoon) and get the incremental update with /data/data moving enabled. that's essentially kouma's data mode but still with bootloop protection. it will still have to use the df method.

Upvote 0
it worked. it's similar to koumakernel in ssm mode. you would check actual space used with terminal command df. the rom mounts /sd-ext as /system/sd where it moves the app and dalvik-cache folders.

that said, i haven't tried the rom with an sdext kernel. i would probably remove the a2sd scripts to be sure there won't be any mounting issues. if you try it let us know if it works out.

or you could wait a little longer (probably tomorrow afternoon) and get the incremental update with /data/data moving enabled. that's essentially kouma's data mode but still with bootloop protection. it will still have to use the df method.

Yeah I don't know how to remove the a2sd scripts, but installed KoumaMod anyway and it booted up just never to the home screen. Before that there was a window saying updating android, took forever to finish and then stuck at the starting up dialog. Guess i am waiting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones