1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [ROM][CM9 KANG][Alpha] Updated 3.5.5---6/27/12

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnny424, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Seraph08

Seraph08 Android Expert
    None

it works fine on the precedent ive been using it on mine since its first release

Advertisement

2. rm50

rm50 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Cool...there ya go

3. Seraph08

Seraph08 Android Expert
    None

I was just wondering if there might be a beta version of this ROM in the works. I understand its taboo to ask for release dates and such, but I was just wondering if any of our fabulous devs here are working on any such project so I have something to look forward to

4. itstheshawnp

itstheshawnp Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    I was wondering the same thing. Or maybe even a CM10 release since the official drivers for Arm v6 drivers have been released. I love CM10 on my Vibrant, but would love too update my moms Prevail!

5. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter!

May 2, 2012
    Male
    Student
    USA
    This is news to me...

6. AndroidHogs

AndroidHogs Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Male
    Tuckerman, AR
    You think some of the Dev's from this thread can hop over to LG optimus M all things root and help me out with getting cm9 or even ICS working. We have it bootable just touchscreen is all out of wack. We use the synaptic touchscreen. Please help us lol.

7. riflez

riflez Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Manager For Metro pcs Franchise
    Paramount Ca
    The touchscreen drivers are the issue. Until you guys hack a way to build them up yourselves or port it from another optimus that already has working ics/cm9. You will not be able to run it.

8. rm50

rm50 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Well I'll be right over dude
    I'm bringing my surgeons gloves and my On my boy Scout pocket knife

9. soljrgriffin

soljrgriffin Lurker
    None

May 26, 2012
    "neegro" version??? hmmmm...

10. vampyyri1123

vampyyri1123 Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2012
    is there still no camera?? ive been wanting to use this rom for a long time but cuz there is no camera i still use CTMod

and also ppl that think they are stuck in bootloop the OP was correct it needs to rebuild dalvik cache.. u know its bootlooped for sure if you turn it on go wash the dishes and come back and still shows the boot animation.. this has happened and i ended up having to use Odin to revert back to stock before reflashing the custom rom

11. bryanpena913

bryanpena913 Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2012
    Male
    mover
    kansas city
    just a quick thing before cm10, cm9 doesn't have a camera

12. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Male
    entertainer
    grand rapids,mi
    And neither will cm10... :/

We don't have the proper drivers... (I'll be surprised if we ever do)

we're lucky to have a version that boots in the first place ;)

13. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    HVAC Sheetmetal Mechanic/ Service Tech
    Washington Dc
    jellybean is a much more enjoyable experience on something dual core ..I'm sure the prevail could run it..with jb only being a more souped up leaner version of ics..but if you tried to run jb on a prevail..well ..you would be wasting all that butter... if that makes any sense lol..:D

14. Jerry in WA

Jerry in WA Newbie
    None

Oct 14, 2011
    County
    Bremerton, WA
    I just installed CM9 3.5.5 on my Prevail and I can't seem to turn on my wifi. When I slide it from off to on, the slider moves to on but is grey rather than blue. The slider then just goes back to off after awhile. I can never get it to the point I start seeing wifi networks to connect to.

Otherwise, everything else seems to work (other than camera, which wasn't supposed to work per original post). Bluetooth turns on, etc.

I followed the install instructions from the 1st post, wiping all data, etc. I don't know if my SD card (32GB) is partitioned. (how would I check to be sure?)

I would love to get this mod working a little better. Wifi is a must though. I don't know if I can live without the camera. I presume camera apps won't work either...(?)

Thanks in advance for any help. Great mod. Sad it seems to have been abandoned.

15. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Washington Dc
    @jerry.

hi.

I would like you to redownload and reflash the most current update of cm9.

while maybe a bit flakey at times..I can assure you that the WiFi works for the most part:D. which leads me to the conclusion. of possibly a bad download or bad flash. as much of a pita. that it is to fresh flash please do so jerry. and be sure to wipe everything except the contents on your SD....and to answer your last question ..no 3rd party camera apps will also not work as we lack a required camera driver in order to get the camera working properly...I recently bricked my last prevail so I will not be working on this project and further. but anyone is welcome to pick up where inigo and I left off..hope you have better luck after a fresh install bro:)

16. Jerry in WA

Jerry in WA Newbie
    None

Oct 14, 2011
    County
    Bremerton, WA
    Appreciate it. I will give that a shot. I just did this (trying CM9) last night so reflashing a freshly downloaded CM9 won't be a pain at all.

I have ICS on my tablet and love it. The possibility of running ICS on my Prevail is very appealing. This is my primary phone though and I use the camera (for those spur of the moment times) so I may have to go in a different direction. I really want to run CM 9 though. This is a wonderful mod! ...maybe I can live without a phone camera.

Very grateful that people make these mods for the community. You guys/gals are awesome. :rock:

17. TPMeader

TPMeader Newbie
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    I am curious if anyone has been able to get the data to move to the ext partition. I read through and saw people trying to get it to work, but never a definite working out really how it would be done. Don't get me wrong, DTa2sd is awesome, but it would be nice to try data on ext just to see improvements or detriments.

18. RTLflat

RTLflat Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    s2e don't work? or is that only for cm6/7

19. rosser725

rosser725 Newbie
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Boston, MA
    Gonna try on my Precedent.

20. RTLflat

RTLflat Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2011

try what this Rom on your precedent? try the precedent forum.

I am assuming precedent is another kind of phone. if not then I'm dumb ignore me

21. Seraph08

Seraph08 Android Expert
    None

From what I can say just off the top of my head is that the Prevail/Precedent are nearly identical phones. Just the Precedent is Straight Talks version, while the Prevail is the Boost Mobile version. After scanning the web relentlessly for different ROMs to run on my personal everyday Precedent, I ended up at af because the devs that have released their work here, are simply incredible.

While the appeal of running CM9/ICS on the Precedent/Prevail is beyond appealing. When you flash the OS on your phone, it will run incredibly well. But once you start installing apps, is when it begins to fall apart with "lag" and such.

With our lost genius hroark gone, I dont see this ROM going much further (no offense johnny). And while I would love to see the day that everything runs with this ROM well and as we would expect, I would say have no expectations of that, so you wont end up disappointed.

With our remaing twisted genious BloodDawn, he has developed one hell of a ROM for us. And my personal everyday, consistant, and complete ROM its hard to surpass entirely. And with my trust in almost every dev here, I have flashed and tried every ROM released here and they have all worked on my phone. I have tried every ROM here, CM7, almost everyrelease of CTmod, riflez CM9 release, and hroarks CM9 release. So while my insight and knowlege is limited in what it takes to make this OS's my expierence in using these on NOT the Prevail but the Precedent is as extensive as I could make it.

Hroarks CM9 is a good ROM to try, experience, and show that this phone is capable of so much more then we originally expected, if you want an improved operating system for either phone, turn to BloodDawn's release.

22. Seraph08

Seraph08 Android Expert
    None

To kristopher I apologize I should have said something before. For your ports I am sorry as I do respect the effort. With MokeeMod the ammount of time it takes for the ROM to decompile was enough to discourage me to not use it. JoyOS well, if I wanted an iPhone I would have bought one, and I do not. Plus as we all know iPhones are for ladies.

The other ROMs here, the ones I consider perverted, manipulated, themed and modified versions of other original ROMs here, I will not even waste the space on my hard drive on them. As I consider that to be an insult to their original creators.

I apologize for my spelling and grammar here. I have had a few this evening, and thats probably what inspired me to make these two posts.

23. riflez

riflez Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Manager For Metro pcs Franchise
    Paramount Ca
    Riflez Cm9 version is pretty much the same cm9 hroark first put out that's why its old and has things not found in current cm9 kang. The only difference is that it has a custom service jar file that enables the v6 supercharger on our cm9 s the minfree values stick...I don't really use my prevail as much anymore(not connected) I let my girl use it... the work on this phone went a long way from shabbymod, we had great devs on our team and well, I beleieve there's really any left... thank you guys for the good times. I miss getting excited for every new mod posted on this forum. Thanks again. Riflez.

24. tad1073

tad1073 Newbie
    None

Sep 6, 2012
    Male
    Powder Springs, GA
    Could you port the camera drivers that CTMod uses for the prevail?

25. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Washington Dc
    no sir..ctmod is gingerbread and cm is ICS..no workie unfortunately:(