• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] CM9 Tenderloin nightlies

I see an 8/12 nightly...

I don't know what to tell you... I saw it on Rootzwiki so it must be true.... :D

I'm on AOKP 38, what should I upgrade to for my last ICS build? AOKP or CM9 8/11-12?

If you're on AOKP, you're probably already running the last ICS build. Sounds like there will be no more unless they get another dev. Too bad, I always like AOKP. Check out page 68 & 69: AOKP | tenderloin | June 24 | build 40 - Device Threads - RootzWiki - Page 68

Make a backup in recovery, then wipe both caches and wipe data and give CM9 a try. If you decide to keep CM9, you'll might also want to get rid of the aokp file in /boot to remove it from moboot.

My guess is you'll like AOKP better.

Upvote 0
This from CM blog: CyanogenMod 9 – Stable | CyanogenMod

CyanogenMod 9 – Stable

August 9th, 2012

ICS, we hardly knew ye.
Builds for CyanogenMod 9 stable will be rolling out to our servers tonight. As noted before, this will be the end of the line for the ICS branch of our code; only critical bug fixes will be merged moving forward.

As a note, the maguro build from this morning was not meant to be linked publicly. Maguro’s build this evening will be marked 9.0.0.1 to be on par with the other 9.0.0 releases.

Tonight’s release is for the majority of our ICS supported devices, the stragglers will catch up, and we will leave the door open for merging in additional devices from maintainers, external and internal. The team itself, will focus solely on Jelly Bean and maintenance of the CM 7 codebase.

Many have wondered why we bothered to finish CM 9 when we are already active in CM 10 development. To that, our answer is: we don’t like to leave things incomplete. There is no profit gained from what we do, so the satisfaction of completing a goal is our only reward. This release also serves as a release suitable for the masses, especially those who won’t have 100% functioning releases of CM 10 immediately or are averse to anything branded as ‘preview’, ‘alpha’, ‘beta’ or ‘nightly’.

On the topic of nightlies, this release also serves as an end to our CM 9 nightlies, to make way for nightlies chock full of Jelly Bean goodness. A follow-up post will be made when we enable those builds.

Upvote 0
Mic-yes.
Camera-no and may not ever be fixed.
Any nightly after July 7th will have all the fixes, but there are some builds that people claim had worse battery life during the week or so after 7/7. I'd install the 7/7 build or a current nightly.

Thanks for your prompt Response.

I downloaded update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Touchpad-alpha2-fullofbugs.zip from [Release][Alpha2] CyanogenMod 9 Touchpad - CyanogenMod [HP Touchpad] - RootzWiki

Do you have a better CM9? If so can you post link?

Again thanks for your time and patience with me.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your prompt Response.

I downloaded update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Touchpad-alpha2-fullofbugs.zip from [Release][Alpha2] CyanogenMod 9 Touchpad - CyanogenMod [HP Touchpad] - RootzWiki

Do you have a better CM9? If so can you post link?

Again thanks for your time and patience with me.

I like how the filename actually says 'fullofbugs'!

I'm currently on the 8th August nightly. Haven't checked for an update recently, but I'm of the understanding that they've stopped after the 9th for JB work?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones