• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Codename Android

colchiro

Extreme Android User
Jun 4, 2010
Very popular Galaxy Nexus rom... highly customizable.

dd.png

On Twitter: https://twitter.com/CodenameAndroid

Downloads, feature list and discussion in the forum on his website: Nexus 7 - Codename Android

If coming from a different rom (or stock), make sure you make a backup in recovery and wipe both caches and data. :D

Still letting it run on my phone. Couple things I'm noticing on that that are making me wait to load it on the N7.

Lightflow doesn't work (I know, no need for it on N7)
Volume seems to turn down on its own
stuff like that.

Haven't noticed any of that. I haven't used Lightflow in a long time though. I'm really interested in flashing CNA because it allows for the different screen brightness settings and I think the N7 is too bright in low light situations. Should see some battery improvements. Should also see some battery improvements in the kernel.

Upvote 0
Still letting it run on my phone. Couple things I'm noticing on that that are making me wait to load it on the N7.

Lightflow doesn't work (I know, no need for it on N7)
Volume seems to turn down on its own
stuff like that.

This Rom,s running great on the N7. I also had an issue with lightflow not working on the GNex so I tried a few things with no luck and ended up reinstalling it and its working good. (so far lol)

Upvote 0
So I flashed it on my Nexus 7. Started downloading apps from the Play Store and the whole tablet locked up. Power button wouldn't work no matter how long I held it. Had to pop the back off and do a battery pull. After that, it worked fine.

I do have one bug that really affects how I set up my ROMs and it affects my Galaxy Nexus as well. The custom screen brightness levels in settings does not work. Either crashes settings or sets the brightness to max and leaves it there.

Upvote 0
I like this rom but I started having graphic problems with one of my favourite time killers - robo defense. There would be a lag in screen movement, a delay in selecting options and a long delay in the home screen being displayed after exiting the game. This was using the motley kernel.

The issues went away when I went back to the bamf paradigm rom. When this is updated again I'll give it a more thorough look and see how it works with the stock kernel as well as motleys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones