• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/01/13)

Does anyone have issues with Talk.apk? (GTalk)? I noticed it wasn't installed, so I used TiBU to restore App+Data, it would open but still show loading. So I uninstalled and Restored App Only. Same thing. So I uninstalled it and deleted it from TiBU. I used a backup of the app I had from when I first rooted my phone and it says "Application Not Installed". Any Ideas?
Issue resolved by using Bloodawn's APKInstaller.zip. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Does anyone have issues with Talk.apk? (GTalk)? I noticed it wasn't installed, so I used TiBU to restore App+Data, it would open but still show loading. So I uninstalled and Restored App Only. Same thing. So I uninstalled it and deleted it from TiBU. I used a backup of the app I had from when I first rooted my phone and it says "Application Not Installed". Any Ideas?
Use Blood's removed apps zip and push it to system/app with adb, then reboot. Mine works great. He also has an alternative method posted if you don't want to adb it.

http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...t-boost-ctmod-3-6-04-29-12-a.html#post4307499

Upvote 0

yup it did it to me too. flash it with blood's apk installer

Reactions: Bionic Chronic
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
heres a fix for the boost guys that were having mms problems, was some shit I forgot to switch from sprint to boost in the apk.

flash it in CWM - BoostMmsFix.zip

let me know if it works and I'll put it in the first post.

Sorry about that, hadn't noticed you put up a fix. Anyway I flashed the v1 fix ad have been running it the whole day, mms seems to be fixed for me now. I'm wondering if the previous base brand that boost users had is what's causing the fix to work for some but not others? I had flashed zv4 before CT,not zvc .

Reactions: crosschet
Upvote 0
Thanks, but I never used abd. So not sure what to do there. I just used the .zip and flashed it in CWM. Again, thanks anyway.

Seriously? Wow, you really need to learn how to use ADB if you want to get your hands dirty with Android. Best development tool ever, I use it to telnet to my phone all the times. I use WiFi ADB (it's on Google Play) to set up the server on the phone so that I don't have to connect it via USB. Then I issue adb commands wirelessly from my PC.

A quick guide: [TUTORIAL] Everything about ADB - A reference for everyone - xda-developers - See the first 8 posts

Reactions: Bionic Chronic
Upvote 0
Could any boost users confirm that bluetooth is working? I can sync with my car stereo just fine but as soon as i try to make a call the phone locks up and then my dialer force closes.
Just tested myself and noticed that I get a "Call not sent" error when trying to make a call with BT enabled, or it won't recognize me telling it to call someone and will not make a call when I select a contact . However I notice if you make the call first then turn on BT and connect it durring the call it will work fine. Kinda odd.. BT works fie for everything else.

Upvote 0
Could any boost users confirm that bluetooth is working? I can sync with my car stereo just fine but as soon as i try to make a call the phone locks up and then my dialer force closes.

When I was running ctmod my bluetooth would randomly disconnect and when it wasn't disconnected and made/received call it seems that I would get massive lag almost to the point of lock-up

Upvote 0
Sorry about that, hadn't noticed you put up a fix. Anyway I flashed the v1 fix ad have been running it the whole day, mms seems to be fixed for me now. I'm wondering if the previous base brand that boost users had is what's causing the fix to work for some but not others? I had flashed zv4 before CT,not zvc .

at least the fix was useful for someone lol

Upvote 0
i'll look into it, one of the bluetooth apps probably broke when i optimized it.

edit:

heres something for you guys to try - BluetoothFix-test.zip

flash it in CWM and wipe dalvik

Ooo i'll flash it right now and give it a go

edit:

Unfortunately it was a no go, phone still becomes extremely laggy when attempting to make a call while bluetooth is connected and will not connect the call, and then gives me a FC of phone

Upvote 0
Hi, After 2 days into CT Mod, roaming indicator on my phone turned on yesterday. Today i tried to send a text and it says 'You are in International roaming coverage'. I'm on Sprint BTW.

did you try messing with the roaming stuff in settings? updating your prl/profile? reflashing the rom?

if this happened after messing with hidden settings theres nothing I can do to help.

Upvote 0
Hey Blood,

Absolutely fan-freakin-tastic work. I ran all your roms on the prevail and ONLY upgraded to the marquee because I heard you were coming onboard. You make the phone worth owning bro. I will definitely be sending a donation.

One question I have is if the built in WIFI AP will be enabled? Whenever I try to turn it on, I get the message:
'Error Code 67
Unable to establish wireless data connection. Please select Update Profile to correct this problem. etc.'
Seems like this is the stock message for Sprint/Boost when you haven't signed up for hotspot access.

I may have to fall back on 'barnacle' to use hotspot, but the default app was so stable and easy to use.

Once again, thanks a lot for your work on this phone.

Upvote 0
Hey Blood,

Absolutely fan-freakin-tastic work. I ran all your roms on the prevail and ONLY upgraded to the marquee because I heard you were coming onboard. You make the phone worth owning bro. I will definitely be sending a donation.

One question I have is if the built in WIFI AP will be enabled? Whenever I try to turn it on, I get the message:
'Error Code 67
Unable to establish wireless data connection. Please select Update Profile to correct this problem. etc.'
Seems like this is the stock message for Sprint/Boost when you haven't signed up for hotspot access.

I may have to fall back on 'barnacle' to use hotspot, but the default app was so stable and easy to use.

Once again, thanks a lot for your work on this phone.
You have to access the LG Hidden Menu>Settings>Data Settings>DUN NAI>and select No. Back out all the way and it should work. You will have to do this everytime you reboot since it does not stick. In order to get to the LG Hidden Menu, you can create an activity widget and select LG Hidden Menu. Depending on your launcher you can either long press the homescreen and select activity, or go to the market and download an app like any cut and use that. Hope this is helpful.

Upvote 0
You have to access the LG Hidden Menu>Settings>Data Settings>DUN NAI>and select No. Back out all the way and it should work. You will have to do this everytime you reboot since it does not stick. In order to get to the LG Hidden Menu, you can create an activity widget and select LG Hidden Menu. Depending on your launcher you can either long press the homescreen and select activity, or go to the market and download an app like any cut and use that. Hope this is helpful.

PERFECT! Works Great! Thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones