1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/01/13)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bloodawn, Apr 29, 2012.

1. jaymzway

jaymzway Android Enthusiast
    None

question is i have a boost lg855 marques with bloods latest mod ct 3.8 on it
    anyone know how to up the mic gain or level while in speaker phone mode im having alot of peeps saying they are having a hard time hearing me till i turn speaker phone off or change to my head set i found a program called hd2 mic gain control but says i need some kind of kernel support any suggestions there thank you in advanced and again thank you blood Lordvincent 90 wetbiker7 WEST1234 for all the help and mods you bring to the table bro keep up the awesome work

Advertisement

2. trailspeed

trailspeed Newbie
    None

Nov 25, 2012
    Male
    Well after I rooted and flashed to CT MOD my phone show's I have zero battery life after a minute of being on and turns itself off even though my phone shows a full charge when first turn the phone on. I tried an app to erase battery stats a few times which did nothing. So I put it back to stock with root but my phone still turns off after 1 to 10 minutes for the past 3 days. Then I followed these instruction from XDA website (below) with no effect :(

Help.

"Calibrate Anytime
    [Reminder: To save space on the post I am moving to spoiler type Q/A. Just click the SHOW CONTENT button right below to see the steps in battery calibration]

-> Charge phone to 100%
    -> Restart phone [to be sure it isn't off by some amount (if phone off just unplug AC adapter for 30 secs and plug back in)]
    -> Wait 20 min after you are sure it is 100% (phone should stay plugged in)
    -> Boot in to recovery
    -> wipe battery stats (advanced)
    -> Get ready to pull battery and unplug phone and do so after the screen goes black after tapping restart device (pull AC adaptor first)
    -> Wait 30 seconds and replace battery
    -> Allow phone to boot
    -> run through ENTIRE CHARGE (COMPLETELY DISCHARGE) the battery (whether normal usage or looped media files whatever you have time for)
    -> restart phone to be sure it is totally dead
    -> Charge fully one more time

You should be good to go!

Just remember it may take several days for phone to generate statistics and for this to fully settle in."

3. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    USN Vet. / Certified Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counse
    So-Cal
    I go through something similar to this at least once a month. I'll also add that out of all the batteries I've had for all my phones, I have never had one go bad on me. Of course they don't hold a charge as long as they did when they were new but that is to be expected.

I'm glad you got it figured out too because I was going to let you know that it had nothing to do with CTMod. :thumbup::D

4. trailspeed

trailspeed Newbie
    None

Nov 25, 2012
    Male
    @wetbiker7

Well the thing is I didn't have this issue before I rooted with framaroot and flashed to CT MOD, so I'm clueless as to what's the cause. And I bought the batter 4 months ago. I put the same battery into my wife's LG marquee (completley stock) and it performs OK.

5. goducks3620

goducks3620 Newbie
    None

Mar 29, 2012
    Is there a way to replace the free version of Lightning Browser with the paid version? I need more tabs and bought the paid version, but when I install it, now I have both the paid and unpaid versions on there. I can't uninstall the unpaid version.

6. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Male
    entertainer
    grand rapids,mi
    You need to use an app like Titanium Backup or Root Uninstaller to delete the version that came with the rom. (or a file explorer with root privileges so you can delete it from /system/app )

7. goducks3620

goducks3620 Newbie
    None

Mar 29, 2012
    The file explorer that came with the ROM has root privileges, and deleting it from /system/app didn't do it when I tried it a few months ago. Maybe I goofed something.

8. Lordvincent 90

None

Oct 5, 2011
    Male
    entertainer
    grand rapids,mi
    Did you mount /system as rw (read/write)
    By default it's ro (read only)
    that's probably your issue

But root uninstaller is even easier to use. Just download it, open it, find the app, select it and select uninstall

jaymzway likes this.
  9. jaymzway

None

MAIN THING IS BLOODS ROM'S WORKS GREAT FOR ME OTHER THAN SMALL THINGS LIKE HINT HINT LOL MY MIC VOL BUT THAT'S OK IF IT GOES UNANSWERED NO BIGGY.

This may help you out bro
    try this app from the market its called Du Battery Saver and play with some settings there I'm sure it will help you out bro
    like turn of WiFi that's the killer only turn that on if you need your maps
    or to connect to the internet with your pc or whatever else
    turn off the data settings at the top as well unless you want to receive messages such as social networks or email programs and whatever else of that nature
    or browsing internet with your phone

with those things i mentioned turned off you will still get calls and SMS AND MMS as for that is on by default.

and or update your battery from 3.4V 1500 mAh to a 3.7V 1540 mAh s/n is BL-44JN Lithium-Ion Cell Phone Battery just a tad more power never hurts just ask the energizer pink bunny but remember more power = more heat and more heat= more chances of breaking down of the components in the phone im my opinion should not hurt your phone but as always i do have to wave a that caution on here cause i don't want any fingers pointed at me for burning up someone else phone here its always great practice to pull your own research to gain your confidence on whats the way to go. hope this helps you out and others in here as for I'am only motivated by helping others....... let me and others on here as well if any of my suggestions have helped cause that is another way getting the word out what works and don't work.

10. Eff EL

Eff EL Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2013
    I really don't know what is wrong, but my marquee suddenly can't obtain IP Adresses. It only happened after I got this ROM... is this a known error?

In fact, it is completely fixed, now. I flashed to stock and it works perfectly. Something needs to be done to the wifi aspects of your Rom, BloodDawn. It stops working properly after a while.

11. jaymzway

None

[​IMG] [​IMG]

seems as if WiFi works fine on my end just saying is all, and I have been using Bloods roms for quite sometime with ease

12. goducks3620

goducks3620 Newbie
    None

Mar 29, 2012
    Anyone else's GooManager insisting that this ROM has an update today?

13. bestrooted

bestrooted Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    Griffin,.Ga
    The server is down. That's the message I got when I opened goo manager

14. goducks3620

goducks3620 Newbie
    None

Mar 29, 2012
    yeah me too. And that makes the app spit out a ROM update message? bizarre. :thinking:

15. smmgrl27

smmgrl27 Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2013
    I've tried installing but all I get is : can't open CT3.80_LS855.zip (bad) Installation aborted

16. Lordvincent 90

None

Oct 5, 2011
    Male
    entertainer
    grand rapids,mi
    Probably a corrupt download. Redownload it and try again

17. ironmask

ironmask Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    The download link is crapped out... anyone wanna send me a link they got for one or upload theirs for boost?? PLEASE??

18. Bloodawn

Bloodawn Android Expert
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    https://twitter.com/GooInsideme it looks like goo is upgrading servers so some files are missing for now. I think in a few days they'll be back to normal.

I can't mirror them right now but if you really need a rom heres 3.75: CT3.75-Final-LG855 and I have some kernel links in the last page of the kernel thread.

ironmask likes this.
  19. ironmask

ironmask Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks Bloodawn, I tried and tried.. It has been so long since I picked this phone up and wanted to use it again so I thought I'd go with the best rom available for it! :D

20. smmgrl27

smmgrl27 Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2013
    I love this Rom, been using it for awhile now. The only thing is I miss visual mail. I tried installing apk and zip, several people have gotten it to work.
    Link:
    Sprint Visual Voicemail (VVM) - T.5.3.0.32 - Updated 28-JUL-2012 - xda-developers

But it doesn't work. I try to use it and the voicemails wont send, and the voicemails I get just go the the regular voicemail.
    Is there anyway to add Visual Voice mail to this Rom?

21. bfldworker

bfldworker Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 21, 2012
    Male
    Computer Technician,
    Clearwater Florida
    Can I ask why continue this Gingerbread based rom? Its 5 versions old, and software support is dwindling. Just asking.

22. goducks3620

goducks3620 Newbie
    None

Mar 29, 2012
    because the phone originally came with Gingerbread and efforts to port newer versions of Android have been unsuccessful in getting the cameras to work due to lack of driver support.

Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  23. Tito23p

Tito23p Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 24, 2012
    Why flashing stock kernel would not let me use wifi?

24. huanuoya

huanuoya Lurker
    None

Nov 14, 2013
    Is this the latest version of 2013?

25. mp3jeep

mp3jeep Member
    None

Mar 14, 2012
    Anyone know which adblock this rom is running and where I can locate it, either on device or a link so I can use it on another device? thanks

Tags: